Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

maikel_12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello, (first at all my english is not very good sorry) i want play Tales Of Innocence English translated by fans but in the opening scene the game crash and not responde, tales of hearts and tempest works fine but innocence no :(

DanCaike

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've had problems playing Pokemon SunGold/MoonSilver. The games start and it is possible to play them, but after a 15-20 minutes the games simply freeze.
Possibly the games are already with AP-patch. So I do not know how to fix it.

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you can play DSiware which is .nds file format. will i can with my setup.

which version of Unlaunch do you have. i remember something about you need the later one's

Hmm every is latest, I only installed CFW yesterday. Maybe I didn't wait long enough for it to load, just gave me a white screen

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, if you noticed that the repo's name got changed, DSiMenu++ is now called TWiLight Menu++.

Why did I change the name?
DSiMenu++ just didn't sound as interesting as SRLoader or TWLoader :P, so I went with a much pretty and cooler name, called TWiLight Menu++, or TWLMenu++ for short.
The long name "TWiLight Menu++" will be used more often though, to avoid confusion with TWLoader.
Also, because it can be customized to not look just like the DSi Menu.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Munandar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Wish y
So, if you noticed that the repo's name got changed, DSiMenu++ is now called TWiLight Menu++.

DSiMenu++ just didn't sound as interesting as SRLoader or TWLoader :P, so I went with a much pretty and cooler name, called TWiLight Menu++, or TWLMenu++ for short.
The long name "TWiLight Menu++" will be used more often though, to avoid confusion with TWLoader.
Wish you keep the option to choose the name when boot... Because I prefer DSiMenu++

plug313

Trophies
XP
Country

I like the new name but I always thought DSiMenu fit well and was clean fitting on the 3DS home screen! but if you like the new one better I can get used to it ahah

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

DSiMenu++ was a much better name please reconsider? Lol

suzsuzuki

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys I have issues with touchscreen on homebrew games. It used to work with very old versions of bootstrap (I think 0.4 before devkitarm update). Can it be fixed? DSx86 as an exemples..

Also nesDS integrated with DSImenu does not have touch screen as well

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the new name but I always thought DSiMenu fit well and was clean fitting on the 3DS home screen! but if you like the new one better I can get used to it ahah
DSiMenu++ was a much better name please reconsider? Lol
You can say TWLMenu++ if you want, because TWL = DSi. lol
Also, another reason why I picked the new name, is because it can be customized to not look just like the DSi Menu.
Wish you keep the option to choose the name when boot... Because I prefer DSiMenu++
Maybe if enough people request it, I can bring the DSiMenu++ name back as an alt name, like with SRLoader.
Guys I have issues with touchscreen on homebrew games. It used to work with very old versions of bootstrap (I think 0.4 before devkitarm update). Can it be fixed? DSx86 as an exemples..
Yes, though homebrew is low on our priority list, so maybe in the future.
Also nesDS integrated with DSImenu does not have touch screen as well
Probably won't be fixed anytime soon, because nesDS crashes on newer devkitARM.

suzsuzuki

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Also, another reason why I picked the new name, is because it can be customized to not look just like the DSi Menu.

Maybe if enough people request it, I can bring the DSiMenu++ name back as an alt name, like with SRLoader.

Thanks the answer! Maybe @Apache Thunder or @Coto can help with nesDS and touchscreen with newer version of devekitarm, and bootstrap homebrew as well

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
NesDS touchscreen works just fine in DevkitARM r43, if you update NesDS codebase to DevkitARM r49, there is a touchscreen bug where it doesn't read properly inputs (NTR Mode). I already tested at least these two scenarios. But no luck. Also I wanted someone else to have NesDS sources, but I think I will have these, unless someone else wants to maintain / add features to NesDS, so I can transfer the source code to him/her. (there are ways to do that in github), or just the new maintainer has the latest branch, and I delete the branch.

Last edited by Coto,
Reactions: suzsuzuki

plug313

Trophies
XP
Country

thank you for your reply!
I'll be ok with the new name if you decide that's what's best

can I request you to remove or maybe if possible fix GBA loader? because of that bug

stevetogekiss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Hi, I'm trying to play some ds games that appear as compatible in the compatibility list but it only loads a white screen. I'm using a 3DS and trying to use WarioWare: Twisted and Sonic Rush but neither work.

t0w3l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think DSiSion is an interesting name anymore, and as I don't like having 5 names for what is essecially the same thing, i think it should be removed and replaced by DSiMenu++ as an alt name

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for your reply!
I'll be ok with the new name if you decide that's what's best

can I request you to remove or maybe if possible fix GBA loader? because of that bug
Gericom made GBARunner2, not me.
It'll be fixed soon.
Hi, I'm trying to play some ds games that appear as compatible in the compatibility list but it only loads a white screen. I'm using a 3DS and trying to use WarioWare: Twisted and Sonic Rush but neither work.
If you have sound fix turned on, try turning that off.
Also, only the JAP version of Twisted works.
I don't think DSiSion is an interesting name anymore, and as I don't like having 5 names for what is essecially the same thing, i think it should be removed and replaced by DSiMenu++ as an alt name
Actually... that's not a bad idea.
Turn off Async Prefetch.
which has been removed in the latest nds-bootstrap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, there was a power outage while you were sleeping?