Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

MegaGenesis

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So is Black 2 freezing at a specific point in the game due to my SD card or what.

Its a problem with the program itself. I have a Class 10 32 GB SanDisk micro SD Card, yet Gen 5 Pokémon have some major hiccups. Nothing much we can do, just wait for future improvements. Look at old videos about DSiMenu++ precursors on YT, you can see games like Pokémon Platinum had the same problems years ago, now it plays flawlessly.

Munandar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I try to install DSiMenu++ on flashcart, it's R4i Lite, strangely games like Dark Dawn and Bowser's Inside Story won't boot.. Those games works fine with the default flashcart menu.. I thought compatability issue only occur on SD Card slot

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
I try to install DSiMenu++ on flashcart, it's R4i Lite, strangely games like Dark Dawn and Bowser's Inside Story won't boot.. Those games works fine with the default flashcart menu.. I thought compatability issue only occur on SD Card slot

Some flashcarts are not compatible with retail games through DSiMenuPP and will only launch homebrew. Perhaps this is what's going on with yours?

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Should I be able to play DSiWare .nds files on my DSi XL with this? I installed Hiya and DSMenu++ as System Menu today for the first time. NDS games seem to work ok, but I don't know what to do to get DSiWare working.

Also is there any real benefit to using this over one of my flashcarts like my DSTwo or my R4i Gold?

Edit: Figured it out.

I used https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-dsi-title-manager-for-hiyacfw.518053/ to install the .nds file to my DSi and then used https://dsi.cfw.guide/assets/files/launcharggen.zip to create launchers that I can use in DSiMenu++

Not sure if there's a way to play .nds DSiWare directly

Last edited by chr0m,

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Should I be able to play DSiWare .nds files on my DSi XL with this? I installed Hiya and DSMenu++ as System Menu today for the first time. NDS games seem to work ok, but I don't know what to do to get DSiWare working.

Also is there any real benefit to using this over one of my flashcarts like my DSTwo or my R4i Gold?

Edit: Figured it out.

I used https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-dsi-title-manager-for-hiyacfw.518053/ to install the .nds file to my DSi and then used https://dsi.cfw.guide/assets/files/launcharggen.zip to create launchers that I can use in DSiMenu++

Not sure if there's a way to play .nds DSiWare directly

you can play DSiware which is .nds file format. will i can with my setup.

which version of Unlaunch do you have. i remember something about you need the later one's

t0w3l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many DSiWare games are crashing when using DSiMenu directly from unlaunch 1.4. Is there a chance that this is the fault of the SD Card?
EDIT: Renaming the DSiWare to bootcode.dsi allows unlaunch to boot them, so I suppose it's DSiMenu++'s fault?

Last edited by t0w3l,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many DSiWare games are crashing when using DSiMenu directly from unlaunch 1.4. Is there a chance that this is the fault of the SD Card?
EDIT: Renaming the DSiWare to bootcode.dsi allows unlaunch to boot them, so I suppose it's DSiMenu++'s fault?
Not really. It's Unlaunch's fault.

t0w3l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you very much! also do you think I can use the GBA launcher or is it better not to because of the SD card corrupting problem?
I've been using it without any problems. I'd say it's pretty safe, but no one can be held responsible if it corrupts your SD Card, so do it at your own risk.

Reactions: banjo2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo