Hacking [OLD] Loadiine backup loader for WiiU 5.3.2 ONLY (NO 5.4 NO 5.5!)

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by Garou,
Reactions: fiveighteen

Tarantus

Trophies
Website
ow.ly
XP
Country
Brazil
About self hosting locally, i can confirm that Android Tiny Web Server works great.
Try several times hosting it on a Windows machine using Mongoose, kept freezing my console, meh
Did you tried another aproach on Windows? Maybe a wamp server? I've my own apache server on one of my desktops and it works great.

Datalogger

Living the Dream
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should be easy if you can compile loadiine yourself

This is just a guess but you can modify this line to use any button you want https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine/blob/master/src/menu/menu.c#L250 or this to force use mii maker no matter what button you press
https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine/blob/master/src/menu/menu.c#L386
Looks like it would be easy enough for someone that has their compiler setup for powerpc-eabi-gcc to run.

Unfortunately my devkitPro is all dialed in to the 3DS and Solo Drone stuff I work on and I don't want to lose my settings by messing with it now. :(

Now if someone else was willing to compile a few mods for me :) :) (hint-hint)
NM - I did it myself and swapped the buttons for both the OSKernel and Loadiine 4.0

Last edited by Datalogger,

marshedpotato

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys - I'm really sorry to ask this, I know you said not to ask about 5.5 but I'm just trying to gauge something...

Is it at least looking hopeful that there will definitely be Loadiine for 5.5 at some stage? I'm asking because I want to know whether it would be best for me to hold out for a while or just sell my Wii U and buy one that's on 5.3.2

Tarantus

Trophies
Website
ow.ly
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys - I'm really sorry to ask this, I know you said not to ask about 5.5 but I'm just trying to gauge something...

Is it at least looking hopeful that there will definitely be Loadiine for 5.5 at some stage? I'm asking because I want to know whether it would be best for me to hold out for a while or just sell my Wii U and buy one that's on 5.3.2
That depends on your own urgency. If dont like to wait for something without a deadline, then go for it! Sell your Wii U and buy another.
But, if you can wait some more, I'm sure the responsible team is doing their best to make it happen ASAP, and of course this will happen, but patience is a must for us non-devs.

@EclipseSin , do you mind if I host your backup for the public?

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That depends on your own urgency. If dont like to wait for something without a deadline, then go for it! Sell your Wii U and buy another.
But, if you can wait some more, I'm sure the responsible team is doing their best to make it happen ASAP, and of course this will happen, but patience is a must for us non-devs.

@EclipseSin , do you mind if I host your backup for the public?
Go for it.

Reactions: Tarantus

marshedpotato

Trophies
XP
Country

Thanks for your reply. I'm more than prepared to be patient - I truly appreciate the awesome work the devs are doing. I was more asking if there's been any indicators that it may not be possible on this firmware. If it's definitely coming, and it's just a matter of waiting, then that's great. I was just trying to gauge if that's the case or not.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you aren't missing anything with Wii Sports Club. It ran fine on my US system, but requires an active connection to the Nintendo servers to play. It did not appear to have any offline play that I could see.
I've played offline multiple times. At the first screens that come up just say you don't want to connect to Miiverse or online, etc. I also have a MAC Address filter so my Wii U is always offline, though.

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone let me know how to manually apply NUS game updates to my Loadiine game folders? I know U_Tility can do it automatically but this is something I'd prefer to do myself for maximum control.

Ignore me, I should've looked through the Definitive thread first.

Last edited by Irastris,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
not much progress this weekend.
almost all the work done this week was to make 5.4.0 working, and the changes made the game unstable, crashed while playing, etc.
it will need proper debugging now to get the all the good memory addresses from users. Dimok will explain better himself what he needs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work