Do you want more than 300 titles on WiiU and 3DS?

Do you want more than 300 titles on WiiU and 3DS?

• Total voters

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There has been a lot of discussion about the 300 titles limit. Especially for the WiiU. The main argument is that no one plays more than 300 games on the system. I'm posting this poll to hopefully clarify what people think about this. There have been many homebrew advances on both WiiU and 3DS since their release. In terms of what else can be hacked/modified on both of these systems I believe the 300 title limit is very important. And I also believe that the majority of WiiU and 3DS users feel similar. Let's see what happens.

Reactions: Alexander1970

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France

sion_zaphod, don't you think there are a lot of bugs or apps to take care of before doing that?? What it your wish for the world: Improve medecine and vanquish Aids? Stop War? Stop Corruption for politicians? A better health care? Better equality for humanity? No, yours seems to be having cotton candy for all....Understand it's a question of priority :rofl2:

sion_zaphod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
on 3DS, 3DS bank works pretty well to get around this.... Unfortunately I know of no solution on WIIU but would like one.
Yeah I use 3DS bank and have 1 bank for 3DS Games, 1 for virtual console and 1 for homebrew. There is no WiiU alternative.

Reactions: geoGolem

sion_zaphod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

sion_zaphod, don't you think there are a lot of bugs or apps to take care of before doing that?? What it your wish for the world: Improve medecine and vanquish Aids? Stop War? Stop Corruption for politicians? A better health care? Better equality for humanity? No, yours seems to be having cotton candy for all....Understand it's a question of priority :rofl2:

This is simply a poll to see who would want a fix for the 300 title limit! It's not a demand for developers to work on this issue. Being that a lot of people seem to feel very strongly that the 300 title limit is redundant because no one plays 300 titles on WiiU or has more than 300 titles inclusive of badges on 3DS. I just wanted to know what people think. Do they want rid of the title limit or not.
But in terms of the Jackanory tripe you came out with yeah let's focus on that before ending world hunger or curing incurable diseases.

That's sarcasm by the way!

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, of course, I would like to properly expand or remove the limit entirely on both devices (and no I'm not looking for workaround solutions like 3DS Bank, Loadiine, or Launchiine, though any such solution is certainly nice all the same). But at this point, making the 100th thread on the subject isn't going to accomplish anything. People in the scene are aware that this has always been a feature that many want, and they've been aware of this for a long long time at that. I would love to see a topic pop up and say, '300 Limit Bypassed!' But realistically, we're just gonna keep seeing threads like this every few months that sadly don't accomplish anything beyond getting my hopes up for a few moments when I first see the topic title.

Reactions: sion_zaphod

sion_zaphod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What if you are a preservationist like me in regards to anything that is art? I consider all computer/video games to be an expression of art (even the truly diabolical games). And that appreciation does not stop at the games themselves I'm talking about the artwork, game manuals. I have been an avid collector of games of all kinds (table top, electronic, cards etc.) since early 1980's and for me personally I do not want to feel like I'm being told I cannot have more than 300 decks of cards. I'm a collector of books and comics too why should I feel like I can't have more than 300 books or comics simply because they won't fit on my shelf? I'll just buy a bigger shelf.

I am not an advocate for piracy. All I am saying is that in a world where a hell of a lot of people collect things why would Nintendo put a cap on the amount of video games their systems can have. Especially as Eshop is going and so many games will be lost. Optical media is S**T for longevity just ask any vinyl collector. Cartridges are ok. But I'm not talking about roms. Im talking about games that would otherwise have been on optical media or digital being preserved.

sion_zaphod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, of course, I would like to properly expand or remove the limit entirely on both devices (and no I'm not looking for workaround solutions like 3DS Bank, Loadiine, or Launchiine, though any such solution is certainly nice all the same). But at this point, making the 100th thread on the subject isn't going to accomplish anything. People in the scene are aware that this has always been a feature that many want, and they've been aware of this for a long long time at that. I would love to see a topic pop up and say, '300 Limit Bypassed!' But realistically, we're just gonna keep seeing threads like this every few months that sadly don't accomplish anything beyond getting my hopes up for a few moments when I first see the topic title.
This is'nt about jabbing the devs with a hot poker saying "work on this you buggers". It's in direct response to many users commenting that the 300 title limit is no big deal. I just want to see what the majority thinks.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is'nt about jabbing the devs with a hot poker saying "work on this you buggers". It's in direct response to many users commenting that the 300 title limit is no big deal. I just want to see what the majority thinks.
But that's just my point, a thread like this pops up on gbatemp, the discords, the subreddits, very very frequently. Whatever you think you're discovering here isn't actually news. I can tell you without making this thread that many people would like this feature, and many others will question how you can even get to 300 titles. Those are literally the only 2 speeds you'll see in this regard, typically in about a 50/50 split. And none of it is new.

Reactions: niuus

sion_zaphod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
But that's just my point, a thread like this pops up on gbatemp, the discords, the subreddits, very very frequently. Whatever you think you're discovering here isn't actually news. I can tell you without making this thread that many people would like this feature, and many others will question how you can even get to 300 titles. Those are literally the only 2 speeds you'll see in this regard, typically in about a 50/50 split. And none of it is new.
Great. If it's a 50/50 split nothing has been accomplished except what you've said. But if it's not 50/50 maybe that will tell the people that follow the scene something they didn't know.

I posted a question btw I haven't discovered anything like the lost continent of XXXX (DIscworld quote)

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great. If it's a 50/50 split nothing has been accomplished except what you've said. But if it's not 50/50 maybe that will tell the people that follow the scene something they didn't know.

I posted a question btw I haven't discovered anything like the lost continent of XXXX (DIscworld quote)
But I'm telling you dude, it is essentially a 50/50 split. This thread has been made time and time again the stats already exist to prove it. Just look it up instead of making the same thread that gives fools like me that moment of false hope when they see the topic title.

sion_zaphod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
But I'm telling you dude, it is essentially a 50/50 split. This thread has been made time and time again the stats already exist to prove it. Just look it up instead of making the same thread that gives fools like me that moment of false hope when they see the topic title.
I did look for similar threads before posting and all I could find was people referencing the 300 limit. Other users replying that no one plays more than 300 games. There was no poll that I could see.
Also your response is exactly my point. More people than not in my opinion would like to see the 300 limit removed by whatever means. It's not a call to arms or a demand to see this done its simply statistics.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did look for similar threads before posting and all I could find was people referencing the 300 limit. Other users replying that no one plays more than 300 games. There was no poll that I could see.
Also your response is exactly my point. More people than not in my opinion would like to see the 300 limit removed by whatever means. It's not a call to arms or a demand to see this done its simply statistics.
People ask questions about the 300 title limit all the time man, i'm not making it up. And the many people asking for solutions are proof enough that people are interested, then reading the many threads reveals the naysayers that question how you can get to 300 titles. If you seriously searched and couldn't get a read on this, then you didn't do enough research, the data is all there my man.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/has-the-300-292-title-limit-been-patched-yet.606297/

https://gbatemp.net/threads/what-is-the-easiest-way-to-surpass-the-300-title-limit-in-2020.569027/

https://gbatemp.net/threads/is-there-a-way-around-the-300-title-limit.499200/

https://gbatemp.net/threads/any-bypass-to-300-titles-installed-on-menu.479182/

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-exceed-the-300-installed-game-titles.473452/

https://gbatemp.net/threads/is-ther...e-limit-other-than-ninty-felt-like-it.480687/

https://gbatemp.net/threads/any-progress-on-the-300-title-limit.454008/

https://gbatemp.net/threads/can-we-break-the-300-title-limit-using-the-wup-installer.446121/

https://gbatemp.net/threads/patching-the-300-title-limit-discussion-help-testing-needed.419029/

https://gbatemp.net/threads/is-it-possible-to-remove-the-300-title-limit-in-the-emunand.405774/

https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-found-a-way-to-have-more-than-300-titles-at-once-wip.612451/

https://gbatemp.net/threads/idea-to-solve-the-300-titles-limit.613043/

Reactions: xoINARIox

City

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Of course anyone would want to get rid of the limit. People saying otherwise are the kind of people who will headbutt against others just for the sake of it. Removing the limit will have zero bad consequences.

sion_zaphod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes but where is the poll? I've read those threads and I've posted on them too. As far as I can see there is no poll to see if people want it or not.

sion_zaphod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Of course anyone would want to get rid of the limit. People saying otherwise are the kind of people who will headbutt against others just for the sake of it. Removing the limit will have zero bad consequences.
Thank you! Yes. But the people who are head butting are also arse kissing the devs.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but where is the poll? I've read those threads and I've posted on them too. As far as I can see there is no poll to see if people want it or not.
I didn't say this exact poll has been done before, just that the data already does exist, those links I pointed to are great places to start. Like I said we don't need a thread like this or any of those others to keep popping up every few months at this point to recognize, 'Oh a lot of people in the scene would like the limit removed, and oh a lot of people in the scene will criticize you for wanting that limit removed.' No poll numbers are needed for that truth to be evident, with the many many many threads we have addressing the issue of the 300 title limit.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but I'm just saying, I'd rather never see another thread on the 300 title limit again, unless actual headway is being made to truly remove or bypass it.

Like at this point, threads like this should just be locked immediately for their redundancy.

Reactions: sion_zaphod

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol