Is there a reason reason why there is a 300 title limit? (other than ninty felt like it)

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by austin5623, Aug 13, 2017.

1. austin5623
    OP

austin5623 Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2017
    United States
    Title says it all.

2. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    The 3ds's ram I believe. Nintendo set it most likely after testing how many applets it could handle without lagging terribly and most likely thought 300 was a good fit. Also... I don't think I can find 300 GOOD 3ds games that I would play consistently. So the limit was probably set lower because of that reason. Just what I think. There isn't a way to bypass it other than booting the games via FBI, but going over that limit will just remove the 1st app you installed that isn't a system app. I think the only reason that no one worked on bypassing it or making the limit higher is because of the ram issue.

If I am wrong about the ram issue, please let me know.

Giodude and proflayton123 like this.
  3. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Pretty much everything is right I believe except for why people won't develop for it. It's more because it would take time to entirely recreate the home menu, which would most likely involve recreating the entire OS. I could be wrong about this too.

4. failzers
    This message by failzers has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Sep 3, 2017, Reason: Shitpost.
    Sep 3, 2017