Hacking DLC for Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero:WT - cracked yet?

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Robotic Earthling said:
diffikolt said:
thecyanaura said:
I also do not care about hacking the DLC (i've already bought over 100 bucks worth of it), but what I would like to know is.....

Do the RB instruments work with any USB loader yet?

TIA.

Not yet, but it should be fixed in the new cIOS by waninkoko when it's released.
I don't think that's quite true. Waninkoko is going to enable support for USB peripherals, but most likely someone else will still have to work after that to get USB instruments to work, just like with SoftChip.

Yep, should just be a case of a new IOS (or cIOS for that matter).

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nobody did any specific work to get the instruments working. The game just needs to be run using an IOS with the right USB module (the one from IOS37)... Waninkoko's cIOS is based on IOS36 which is why it doesn't work.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fuck it, let's kill the thread.

For the record I never went around announcing I had cracked DLC. It wasn't even the original intent, just happened by chance thanks to nintendo's crappy security. I'm not a fucking idiot - if you rob a bank you keep your mouth shut unless you want to get caught. I did drop a few hints around this forum that would help any aspiring hackers. All that got me was a few PMs from people asking for tutorials, whose wadpacker did I use, which cIOS allows customs and other nooby questions.

I gave the hacks to a few people who said they'd worked on customs before and knew what they were doing but lacked the tools to inject DLC. AFAIK besides Mrkinator's youtube clip there hasn't been any progress made by these people. Unless you count coming into this thread, claiming that they as a group cracked DLC and generally pissing people off by waving it in front of their faces.

I'm not going to release anything now or in the future. If anyone thinks that's selfish and I'm being a cry baby for picking up my toys and going home, fuck you - I worked this out for myself (and I know for a fact I'm not the only person to do so), no-one would have even known if other people had kept their mouths shut.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:

For the record I never went around announcing I had cracked DLC. It wasn't even the original intent, just happened by chance thanks to nintendo's crappy security. I'm not a fucking idiot - if you rob a bank you keep your mouth shut unless you want to get caught. I did drop a few hints around this forum that would help any aspiring hackers. All that got me was a few PMs from people asking for tutorials, whose wadpacker did I use, which cIOS allows customs and other nooby questions.

I gave the hacks to a few people who said they'd worked on customs before and knew what they were doing but lacked the tools to inject DLC. AFAIK besides Mrkinator's youtube clip there hasn't been any progress made by these people. Unless you count coming into this thread, claiming that they as a group cracked DLC and generally pissing people off by waving it in front of their faces.

I'm not going to release anything now or in the future. If anyone thinks that's selfish and I'm being a cry baby for picking up my toys and going home, fuck you - I worked this out for myself (and I know for a fact I'm not the only person to do so), no-one would have even known if other people had kept their mouths shut.

If I claimed it that we as a group cracked it, I definitely don't remember (or mean it). I KNOW it was you and your time. I would never contradict that. That said, hints HAVE been dropped.

Sorry?

granberro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tueidj said:
For the record I'm interested to see if they'll get past 256 songs for RB2.

Sure they will, get prepared for titleID sZBE
cool.gif

Thanks for your hints
wink.gif

j0e2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if you can do it, someone else can do it, and maybe they won't be so selfish. why kill the thread just because you personally don't plan to help? no one is forcing you to read it.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What an attention whore. This reminds me of Marcan in many ways. Who cares if you achieved something when no one can make use of it. The only way people will care is if they can also use it. People like Waninkoko who actually release their software get the respect they do because we all get to use his excellent developments. If you just want to talk about something you did but not give it out, then you're just a sad whiny attention whore. Nothing else to it.

crazygamer51

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't think they cracked the dlc
they are just making it up
if they did crack they would release the tools so they would be liked.
they think they are good people to not release and support piracy

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crazygamer51 said:
i don't think they cracked the dlc
they are just making it up
if they did crack they would release the tools so they would be liked.
they think they are good people to not release and support piracy
Not necessarily. Some people do not want to be the center of attention, some people want it for themselves, and some people just want to be annoying (by not releasing it).

K.Wall.24

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
yeah. I use demonoid torrents a lot, and theres a guy on there, main wii hacker on demonoid, who always gets mad and doesn't release stuff as a way to piss people off. He finally just left. He has said more than once he has stuff he doesn't wanna release. Point is, bdr9 is right.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tueidj said:

I'm not sure if your reffering to me, but I will appologize as well. If I just kept my trap shut, none of this would have happened. I just got excited and started bragging and shit, when really I haven't done anything too sucessful with these rb2 customs so far.

Anyone willing to make progress on customs/rb1 songs in rb2, I've setup an irc channel on efnet, so you can PM me for it. I was talking to ArielX on there, he's made his own set of tools aswell.

Tueidj, again I'm sorry, hopefully you will poke in the irc channel. I'll pm it to you and SFenton.

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you guys just pool your collective resources and start making sense of the hints that have been given. Then use this thread for whatever developments may result from that effort. The guy said it was simple, after all. Surely someone can figure it out.

TheOtherMii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone figured out a way to play legitimately purchased DLC songs from a regular (non-SDHC) card, when the game is loaded as a backup? Either burnt of USB-loaded. Talking about GHWT.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-