DLC for Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero:WT - cracked yet?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Warm Woolly Shee, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Warm Woolly Shee
    OP

Member Warm Woolly Shee GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    $2 per song is pretty pricey, especially when I can't put them on my ipod or anything! Has anyone found a way to pirate them yet?

2. Gamemaster1379

Member Gamemaster1379 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Not that I know of. The closest we have to any kind of breakthrough is in Rock Band 2, somebody was able to put an on-disc song into a DLC song and it properly run. That's about it.

3. SFenton

Member SFenton ಠ_ಠ

United States
    You people disgust me.
    In before lock.
    I know how to crack the DLC. Hell, if I wanted to I could distribute the DLC to every friggin' pirate on this site.
    But I'm moral, I know limits, and I am working on customs.
    That's right, beg for DLC and when you get it, pirate it. Then claim you're moral and that piracy is wrong.
    Plus, really, $2 a song? Let's see: $1 for the song, and $1 for animations, midis, charts, and more.
    Stop complaining.

Edit: Fitting signature, OP.

4. Drihscol

Member Drihscol GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    i live in oz.
    1000 points cost 25 dollars(!!!).
    IM NOT F@*K#$G MADE OF MONEY!
    Now, im not asking you to distribute the dlc,
    IM ASKING YOU NOT TO INSULT US.

5. jlg6184

Newcomer jlg6184 Advanced Member

United States
    Your opinions are understandable, but that was a bit extreme. There are actually atleast a few legitimate reasons for wanting cracked DLC besides piracy (regardless of the reasons the original poster may have been hoping for.) Examples are those who have multiple Wiis (which is not unheard of as some people like to have a modded wii for backups/homebrew, and one to keep up-to-date with current Nin. software and want to be able to transfer DLC between the Wiis.) Others may simple want to try their hands at customs, but don't know the first thing about the encryption, I myself wouldn't mind fretting/charting some of the GH:WT's 6 note drum charts over to Rock Band 2's 5 note drum format as I AM too cheap to spend a hundred bucks on a GHWT drum set. While I agreed several people tend to think about ways to pirate this or that, others may not have the same intentions.

6. SFenton

Member SFenton ಠ_ಠ

United States
    I know how expensive it is in Aussie. I NEVER bought anything in town.
    I'm not insulting those short on money. I'm insulting pirates. My original intentions were to tell the OP my opinions my thoughts on piracy, not to say what you think I meant.
    Sorry if I was offensive. Pirates tick me off sometimes.
    And to jlg- I understand that. The thing is, if Ninty or myself or any other person working on this let that happen, you have already stated what would result- massive piracy.

7. Drihscol

Australia
    thanks for not flaming me, understanding.
    looking back, i feel like a twat.

8. Warm Woolly Shee
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the replies, good to know there's been at least a minor breakthrough.

SFenton:

What a moving sermon, but I'm still going to pirate everything I can. I'd have stolen the instruments were no one looking.

Please don't judge me too harshly, for I know you yourself have never pirated anythi... oh wait,

9. SFenton

Member SFenton ಠ_ಠ

United States
    By the way- search on ScoreHero for World Tour Parser .41. It will give you the notes from the charts, and you can maybe try and alter those... I too would love some WT/Metallica songs on Rock Band!

10. Drihscol

Australia
    -.-
    y'know, people use backup loaders for backups?
    its not all piracy!

11. mikeyt1998

Member mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

United Kingdom
    WOOOOOOW don't cry lol

DLC piracy and customs over DLC are different.

you can make a custom on GH:WT without replacing files from the actual disc, you just replace files for the DLC that you've downloaded. thats as legal as it gets and it's not piracy.

so you're not cracking it.. your making customs from it. and as far as i know, mrwulf was working on that and making some good progress with it at somepoint.

TBH, i'd quite like some free DLC about now. i've just spent 90GBP on a HDD and a new phone screen so i'm poor again lol

12. Warm Woolly Shee
    OP

United States
    Very true, I've backed up a game I own, but the point is that every single person in this thread, and in all likelyhood anyone who will ever read this thread, has pirated something. A song. A TV show. Something. I'm not saying piracy is right, far from it, but before you can say, "You people disgust me" perhaps you should check your hard drive. Or your post history, where you admit to pirating COD5, No More Heroes, and Manhunt 2.

13. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    Can I ask what the problem with cracking those DLC is?
    I remember there was a Release by some Group of MegaMan 9 which included the first (and maybe also the second) part of the DLC, that was available for it.

Is the GH:WT or RB2 DLC somewhat different?

14. jhoff80

Member jhoff80 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I could be mistaken but I think the current wad packers have issues with DLC. I don't have RB2 on the Wii myself to try it out.

As for another legitimate use for something like this, maybe someone wants to put the 20 free tracks onto a Wii at a location with no internet or something, for all we know.

...Unlikely, but it is possible. [​IMG]

15. pokeparadox

Member pokeparadox GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    On a somewhat related note, what I want to know is if there is any way to get SDHC cards working with download DLC on Guitar Hero World Tour.
    I switched to an 8GB SDHC when Nintendo add SDHC in 4.0... but I'm gutted to see I can read my DLC in game... stupid Nintendo.

16. Lazycus

Member Lazycus Rotten

United States
    Fitting signature for you perhaps. Please explain how making/using a custom is any different from pirated DLC. What disgusts me is people faking knowledge about knowing how to pirate, acting as if they are pure, and then jumping on others for pirating on a site that is primarily focused on pirating. Just go away, I guarantee you will not be missed.

17. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

Several people have cracked DLC. No one has released anything because it would probably mean they would pull the plug on adding any new content. CaitSith even posted a few times on one of the forums (can't remember if it was RB or GHWT) stating what the next DLC songs would be since they can be downloaded before they're officially released.

I've recently been working on a patch for this but I don't have a lot of spare time.

18. j0e2

Newcomer j0e2 Member

i would love cracked DLC simply because it's way too expensive. they are planning to have over 1000 songs on DLC, that's $2000 - TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS - just to extend Rock Band!!!

i can see $50 for unlimited DLC or 10 cents or 25 cents each... but to charge DOUBLE what the music itself costs on itunes just so i can play it in rock band? that's robbery.

i've already spent over $50 on DLC plus the expense of the game and the instruments... i feel like i deserve the rest of the DLC for cheap or free, not for another $2000!

19. ILIKEFOOD

Newcomer ILIKEFOOD Member

United States
    I own GH3 and i backed it up and loaded it with 40 custom songs 100% working, using "TheGHOST". downloaded charts from Scorehero and i own the song files. This method beats DLC any day (especially at those prices XP). Nintendo's gotta find a way to make money when we're all pirating their also over priced channels

20. leonhart83

Newcomer leonhart83 Member

Australia
    I usually sit back and just read and don't comment on much but I thought I would say something here. I am by no means pure ( I have a couple of shovelware games on a USB loader, along with my legitatmate purchases), but I find it bad when people say 2 bucks is too much for a guitar hero/rock band song and that is the justification for piracy. The only reason I say this is that a lot of peoples reason for piracy comes from the below

- "companies need to get with the picture and provide digital downloads for reasonable prices, this will cure piracy".
    2 Bucks for a song easily downloaded straight to your wii is an answer to this. Who wants 1000 songs? That is like saying that because Itunes sells 2 million songs that they are ripping you off because it will cost 2 million dollars to get them all.

- "I download for a backup so my discs don't get scratched, I own the original"
    Well this one doesn't count because you might own the song but you don't own the DLC and it is not on a disc. Again digital dist. takes care of this.

- "People need to make games region free I am sick of waiting for games, or they don't get released at all"
    This is the most legitamite reason for homebrew and modchipping in my opinion but doesn't apply for DLC

I am all for the being better laws regarding fairness with piracy and companies shouldn't get away with charging rediculous prices for crap games/music etc. But this embarrases me when they do everything right (what can you get for 2 bucks nowadays) and people still think this is a good reason to piracy. I am usually for all the "pirates" and the reasons behind doing so but lately it seems that people don't have a reason except I want to play 1000 songs for free, this wasn't the original concept of pirating.