Hacking DLC for Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero:WT - cracked yet?

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You people disgust me.
In before lock.
I know how to crack the DLC. Hell, if I wanted to I could distribute the DLC to every friggin' pirate on this site.
But I'm moral, I know limits, and I am working on customs.
That's right, beg for DLC and when you get it, pirate it. Then claim you're moral and that piracy is wrong.
Plus, really, $2 a song? Let's see: $1 for the song, and $1 for animations, midis, charts, and more.
Stop complaining.

Edit: Fitting signature, OP.

Drihscol

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i live in oz.
1000 points cost 25 dollars(!!!).
IM NOT F@*K#$G MADE OF MONEY!
Now, im not asking you to distribute the dlc,
IM ASKING YOU NOT TO INSULT US.

jlg6184

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
You people disgust me.
In before lock.
I know how to crack the DLC. Hell, if I wanted to I could distribute the DLC to every friggin' pirate on this site.
That's right, beg for DLC and when you get it, pirate it. Then claim you're moral and that piracy is wrong.
Plus, really, $2 a song? Let's see: $1 for the song, and $1 for animations, midis, charts, and more.
Stop complaining.

Your opinions are understandable, but that was a bit extreme. There are actually atleast a few legitimate reasons for wanting cracked DLC besides piracy (regardless of the reasons the original poster may have been hoping for.) Examples are those who have multiple Wiis (which is not unheard of as some people like to have a modded wii for backups/homebrew, and one to keep up-to-date with current Nin. software and want to be able to transfer DLC between the Wiis.) Others may simple want to try their hands at customs, but don't know the first thing about the encryption, I myself wouldn't mind fretting/charting some of the GH:WT's 6 note drum charts over to Rock Band 2's 5 note drum format as I AM too cheap to spend a hundred bucks on a GHWT drum set. While I agreed several people tend to think about ways to pirate this or that, others may not have the same intentions.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Drihscol said:
i live in oz.
1000 points cost 25 dollars(!!!).
IM NOT F@*K#$G MADE OF MONEY!
Now, im not asking you to distribute the dlc,
IM ASKING YOU NOT TO INSULT US.

I know how expensive it is in Aussie. I NEVER bought anything in town.
I'm not insulting those short on money. I'm insulting pirates. My original intentions were to tell the OP my opinions my thoughts on piracy, not to say what you think I meant.
Sorry if I was offensive. Pirates tick me off sometimes.
And to jlg- I understand that. The thing is, if Ninty or myself or any other person working on this let that happen, you have already stated what would result- massive piracy.

WarmWoollySheep

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies, good to know there's been at least a minor breakthrough.

SFenton:

What a moving sermon, but I'm still going to pirate everything I can. I'd have stolen the instruments were no one looking.

Please don't judge me too harshly, for I know you yourself have never pirated anythi... oh wait,

SFenton said:
Hmm... No More Heroes locks up at the Please Connect Nunchuk screen. Any suggestions?
It won't boot at all on Waninkoko's.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Warm Woolly Sheep said:
Thanks for the replies, good to know there's been at least a minor breakthrough.

SFenton:

What a moving sermon, but I'm still going to pirate everything I can. I'd have stolen the instruments were no one looking.

Please don't judge me too harshly, for I know you yourself have never pirated anythi... oh wait,

SFenton said:
Hmm... No More Heroes locks up at the Please Connect Nunchuk screen. Any suggestions?
It won't boot at all on Waninkoko's.

Yeah.
Totally look back to almost 6 months ago.
There are people called friends, you know. Friends with the monies.
I can barely afford discs as is, so why would I bother buying one? Guys sent me to Temp to find an answer and, well- I like the place. College isn't too far away, you know- I'm going to need money.

Drihscol- Thanks for understanding, no hard feelings
smile.gif
, I have no idea why stuff is so expensive there. Maybe try eBay or just use a credit card for points? I think those would be special, viable alternatives.

Posts merged

jlg6184 said:
QUOTE(SFenton @ Apr 6 2009, 06:45 AM)
You people disgust me.
In before lock.
Stop complaining.

Your opinions are understandable, but that was a bit extreme. There are actually atleast a few legitimate reasons for wanting cracked DLC besides piracy (regardless of the reasons the original poster may have been hoping for.) Examples are those who have multiple Wiis (which is not unheard of as some people like to have a modded wii for backups/homebrew, and one to keep up-to-date with current Nin. software and want to be able to transfer DLC between the Wiis.) Others may simple want to try their hands at customs, but don't know the first thing about the encryption, I myself wouldn't mind fretting/charting some of the GH:WT's 6 note drum charts over to Rock Band 2's 5 note drum format as I AM too cheap to spend a hundred bucks on a GHWT drum set. While I agreed several people tend to think about ways to pirate this or that, others may not have the same intentions.

By the way- search on ScoreHero for World Tour Parser .41. It will give you the notes from the charts, and you can maybe try and alter those... I too would love some WT/Metallica songs on Rock Band!

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SFenton said:
You people disgust me.
In before lock.
Stop complaining.

WOOOOOOW don't cry lol

DLC piracy and customs over DLC are different.

you can make a custom on GH:WT without replacing files from the actual disc, you just replace files for the DLC that you've downloaded. thats as legal as it gets and it's not piracy.

so you're not cracking it.. your making customs from it. and as far as i know, mrwulf was working on that and making some good progress with it at somepoint.

TBH, i'd quite like some free DLC about now. i've just spent 90GBP on a HDD and a new phone screen so i'm poor again lol

WarmWoollySheep

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
Yeah.
Totally look back to almost 6 months ago.
There are people called friends, you know. Friends with the monies.
I can barely afford discs as is, so why would I bother buying one? Guys sent me to Temp to find an answer and, well- I like the place. College isn't too far away, you know- I'm going to need money.

Please remind me again, what were you proselytizing a few posts ago? Ah yes, that I was "disgusting" for wanting to save money, so are you disgusting yourself? As my sig states, I can deal with hypocrisy, but if you're in denial it's time to wake up. You either steal or you don't. We all have excuses, yours isn't any more special than the rest of ours.

QUOTEy'know, people use backup loaders for backups?
its not all piracy!

Very true, I've backed up a game I own, but the point is that every single person in this thread, and in all likelyhood anyone who will ever read this thread, has pirated something. A song. A TV show. Something. I'm not saying piracy is right, far from it, but before you can say, "You people disgust me" perhaps you should check your hard drive. Or your post history, where you admit to pirating COD5, No More Heroes, and Manhunt 2.

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can I ask what the problem with cracking those DLC is?
I remember there was a Release by some Group of MegaMan 9 which included the first (and maybe also the second) part of the DLC, that was available for it.

Is the GH:WT or RB2 DLC somewhat different?

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Det1re said:
Can I ask what the problem with cracking those DLC is?
I remember there was a Release by some Group of MegaMan 9 which included the first (and maybe also the second) part of the DLC, that was available for it.

Is the GH:WT or RB2 DLC somewhat different?

I could be mistaken but I think the current wad packers have issues with DLC. I don't have RB2 on the Wii myself to try it out.

As for another legitimate use for something like this, maybe someone wants to put the 20 free tracks onto a Wii at a location with no internet or something, for all we know.

...Unlikely, but it is possible.
tongue.gif

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
On a somewhat related note, what I want to know is if there is any way to get SDHC cards working with download DLC on Guitar Hero World Tour.
I switched to an 8GB SDHC when Nintendo add SDHC in 4.0... but I'm gutted to see I can read my DLC in game... stupid Nintendo.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
You people disgust me.
In before lock.
Stop complaining.

Fitting signature for you perhaps. Please explain how making/using a custom is any different from pirated DLC. What disgusts me is people faking knowledge about knowing how to pirate, acting as if they are pure, and then jumping on others for pirating on a site that is primarily focused on pirating. Just go away, I guarantee you will not be missed.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Several people have cracked DLC. No one has released anything because it would probably mean they would pull the plug on adding any new content. CaitSith even posted a few times on one of the forums (can't remember if it was RB or GHWT) stating what the next DLC songs would be since they can be downloaded before they're officially released.

pokeparadox said:
On a somewhat related note, what I want to know is if there is any way to get SDHC cards working with download DLC on Guitar Hero World Tour.
I switched to an 8GB SDHC when Nintendo add SDHC in 4.0... but I'm gutted to see I can read my DLC in game... stupid Nintendo.
I've recently been working on a patch for this but I don't have a lot of spare time.

j0e2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i would love cracked DLC simply because it's way too expensive. they are planning to have over 1000 songs on DLC, that's $2000 - TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS - just to extend Rock Band!!!

i can see $50 for unlimited DLC or 10 cents or 25 cents each... but to charge DOUBLE what the music itself costs on itunes just so i can play it in rock band? that's robbery.

i've already spent over $50 on DLC plus the expense of the game and the instruments... i feel like i deserve the rest of the DLC for cheap or free, not for another $2000!

ILIKEFOOD

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I own GH3 and i backed it up and loaded it with 40 custom songs 100% working, using "TheGHOST". downloaded charts from Scorehero and i own the song files. This method beats DLC any day (especially at those prices XP). Nintendo's gotta find a way to make money when we're all pirating their also over priced channels

leonhart83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I usually sit back and just read and don't comment on much but I thought I would say something here. I am by no means pure ( I have a couple of shovelware games on a USB loader, along with my legitatmate purchases), but I find it bad when people say 2 bucks is too much for a guitar hero/rock band song and that is the justification for piracy. The only reason I say this is that a lot of peoples reason for piracy comes from the below

- "companies need to get with the picture and provide digital downloads for reasonable prices, this will cure piracy".
2 Bucks for a song easily downloaded straight to your wii is an answer to this. Who wants 1000 songs? That is like saying that because Itunes sells 2 million songs that they are ripping you off because it will cost 2 million dollars to get them all.

- "I download for a backup so my discs don't get scratched, I own the original"
Well this one doesn't count because you might own the song but you don't own the DLC and it is not on a disc. Again digital dist. takes care of this.

- "People need to make games region free I am sick of waiting for games, or they don't get released at all"
This is the most legitamite reason for homebrew and modchipping in my opinion but doesn't apply for DLC

I am all for the being better laws regarding fairness with piracy and companies shouldn't get away with charging rediculous prices for crap games/music etc. But this embarrases me when they do everything right (what can you get for 2 bucks nowadays) and people still think this is a good reason to piracy. I am usually for all the "pirates" and the reasons behind doing so but lately it seems that people don't have a reason except I want to play 1000 songs for free, this wasn't the original concept of pirating.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back