Hacking [Discussion] Smash WiiU Modding and Help Center

Motobug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every single guide is just for TS4M's mod pack, there's no guide online for any other mods. What am I supposed to do? I've tried everything I can think of, and nothing's working. My mods don't appear at all and the game is untouched. TS4M's mods are easy to install, it's just drag-and-drop, but with other ones I can't seem to get them working at all.
You need Sm4shExplorer to inject mods. https://gbatemp.net/threads/sm4shexplorer-wii-u-only-for-now.416118/

ZettaSloww

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every single guide is just for TS4M's mod pack, there's no guide online for any other mods. What am I supposed to do? I've tried everything I can think of, and nothing's working. My mods don't appear at all and the game is untouched. TS4M's mods are easy to install, it's just drag-and-drop, but with other ones I can't seem to get them working at all.
you have to drag and drop them into smash explorer and rebuild the patch/mod

Slashie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I discovered a Smash 64 hitstun mod. Apparently this file appears to be the same on both the 3DS and Wii U versions of the game.

Is someone able to test this? Is there a way I can use this through SDCaffeine without needing to have a dump of the game?

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a 3DS mod though.
The whole mod is just a single parameter file and many parameter files are identical between the 3DS and Wii U.
Edit: Comparing the modded file to the vanilla Wii U one, they are completely identical in content. It should work just fine in Smash WiiU

Last edited by Blazingflare,
Reactions: EmblemCrossing

vaanrose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'd like to modify the CSP but when i import a CSP in gimp i've only a transparent pic...

Gimp isn't very good. Use Paint.NET, it's free, too, and it can open .dds files. Though it has its own problems. Texture files with sub-level alpha maps (like Lucario's) don't load properly, but I suppose it's better than nothing.

One way or another, if people are serious about modding they should get the proper tools, and that mean at the very least Photoshop.

If people are curious, my personal workflow uses Photoshop CS6, Paint.NET, Manga Studio EX, Honeyview, 3DS Max and Autodesk Maya. All that to make a single mod.

Pikachuk

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Gimp isn't very good. Use Paint.NET, it's free, too, and it can open .dds files. Though it has its own problems. Texture files with sub-level alpha maps (like Lucario's) don't load properly, but I suppose it's better than nothing.

One way or another, if people are serious about modding they should get the proper tools, and that mean at the very least Photoshop.

If people are curious, my personal workflow uses Photoshop CS6, Paint.NET, Manga Studio EX, Honeyview, 3DS Max and Autodesk Maya. All that to make a single mod.
to export to the proper format with paint.net, what i'll must choose ?

vaanrose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to export to the proper format with paint.net, what i'll must choose ?

CSP icons are DXT5. Make sure you uncheck generate mipmaps, as it will make the file too large and crash the Wii U. If the new file is the same size as the one you extracted, you did it right.

Pikachuk

Trophies
XP
Country
France
CSP icons are DXT5. Make sure you uncheck generate mipmaps, as it will make the file too large and crash the Wii U. If the new file is the same size as the one you extracted, you did it right.
icons ? But i'd like to modify the slot images (of the selected character portrait and the battle portrait

vaanrose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icons ? But i'd like to modify the slot images (of the selected character portrait and the battle portrait

Right, that's what I meant. The palette swap images.

Battle portraits are saved differently, they need to be saved in A8R8G8B8 dds format.

ToonQuill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
96FtLzp.png

Anyone know how to change the character's name here? I can't find it in melee.mbst or menu.msbt

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password