Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
CheatFreak answered correctly.

You can only have SD or USB on the real NAND. the MIOS can't have both at the same time, so you need to install the corresponding wad each time you want to change (it's fast and easy).
But there's a way to install one MIOS on Real NAND, and one on EmuNAND (I never tested it, but I heard it's possible).

like he said, Devolution is working on both USB and SD, you require the retail disc only one time to verify the ISO.

why not increasing your first partition instead of adding one at the end? (which will not work with DML)

If you don't want to loose any data, using Easus' Resize/move option is a good idea, so you can reisze your NTFS, move it at the end and resize your first FAT32 partition to be bigger. it could take a lot of time to resize/move a partition.

Engert

I love me
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Thank you all very much for your answers.
Yes, i think it would make more sense if i expand my Fat32 partition to 160Gb. I do have a full Ghost backup of my drive anyway in case something goes wrong.
Dios Mios is awesome ! :)
Thank you to everyone involved in this project.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
@Cyan speaking of which, is there a way to have both DM and Quadforce at the same time? Like have DM on real NAND and Quadforce on EmuNAND or vice versa?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
@Cyan speaking of which, is there a way to have both DM and Quadforce at the same time? Like have DM on real NAND and Quadforce on EmuNAND or vice versa?
http://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-g...stem-menu-backup-loaders.325003/#post-4184775

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Actually, while I'm thinking about it, I was just thinking as a test with your HDD sleep problem, it would be interesting to get someone who knows how to compile these things to just change the 2*60 to a 30 (2 minutes to 30 seconds ?) on the line of code I had been looking at in the DM code and compile it for you to see if it actually, finally helps you with your problem. (@everyone-else ANY TAKERS ?)

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country

Hey thanks, whoa this guy's awesome, he helped me in Dios Mios before, and to think he's a neighbor (well my icon says Kuwait but I'm actually from Palestine/Jordan)!

Actually, while I'm thinking about it, I was just thinking as a test with your HDD sleep problem, it would be interesting to get someone who knows how to compile these things to just change the 2*60 to a 30 (2 minutes to 30 seconds ?) on the line of code I had been looking at in the DM code and compile it for you to see if it actually, finally helps you with your problem. (@everyone-else ANY TAKERS ?)

Once again thank you big time for your concern, I really wanna get this issue solved but I hate to bother others with my problem especially since it doesn't seem to happen with many people, you say you tried compiling it? I'd test it if it won't brick my Wii!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Once again thank you big time for your concern, I really wanna get this issue solved but I hate to bother others with my problem especially since it doesn't seem to happen with many people, you say you tried compiling it? I'd test it if it won't brick my Wii!
Don't really know how to compile it myself, actually, (but it would be cool to look over a tutorial if there was one. I understand the idea of compiling but I'm not sure how to get it into the right format to put in a WAD and install.)
I'd say if you have a problem I'm sure there's someone else out there that does, too, who's just not voicing their concerns so I was just saying if there was someone who DOES understand the compile process better it'd be cool to see where the problem really is.

EDIT : shouldn't be any risk of bricking either.

juggalomars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I realize it might just be an issue with my hard drive but I figure it's worth a shot. When I try to play certain games on my 1TB toshiba hard drive they work perfectly fine yet others like Mario Sunshine (also Wind Waker) won't work. I'll use Sunshine as another example here, whenever I pickup a shine the game freezes. The exact same dump works fine though off my 4GB flash drive albeit loads noticeably slower. I've watched it and the drive doesn't go to sleep so I'm baffled as to why I would only have this issue with certain games. If anyone has some ideas to toss at me I would apreciate it, if you guys need more info I can do that.

My system: 4.3 wii, r49 d2x cIOS, tried with multiple loaders to the same result, DM version 2.4.

Thanks,
Mars.

wooda

Trophies
XP
Country
But i have had a problem with dios mios since it was released.
It will just hang at the Dios mios Splash Screen every time i try a game. Dios mios lite used to work fine but now after trying to get dios mios working. Even dios mios lite just hangs at the splash screen now when installed.

I have a black Wii 4.1e ...d2x v8. I do have a sundriver installed (Cat broke the usb port on it by falling on the lead tho
frown.png
) My External hard drive is a WD 1TB My book Elite formatted to Fat32 with 32bit clusters. its primary and active.
The gamecube games (Mario kart & Pikmin 2. both pal) show up in wiiflow (4.0.3-r433) & cfgloader (cfg70MODr48). but just gets to the splash screen and hangs ever time.... I have tried all the dios mios wads from 2.0, and messed with the setting (no DVD, padhook etc etc) with the same problem.
I install over them with BC-NUS-v6 then RVL-mios-v10 wads, Then install Dios mios again in the hope it will work. but no!
Any help would be very much appreciated as its been going on far to long now, and i have wasted to many hours trying to sort it myself :(

Engert

I love me
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
With USBloaderGX r1203+ you don't need to place the .gct in the game folder anymore.
Just use the ocarina as usual, which is : A "txtcodes" folder with all your .txt file, and a "codes" folder with all your .gct created automatically by the loader's Ocarina menu.
DIOS MIOS require that the .gct is located on the same partition than the game, and USBloader r1203+ is now copying the .gct file to a temporary DMLTemp.gct file to the correct place if needed.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't really know how to compile it myself, actually, (but it would be cool to look over a tutorial if there was one. I understand the idea of compiling but I'm not sure how to get it into the right format to put in a WAD and install.)
I'd say if you have a problem I'm sure there's someone else out there that does, too, who's just not voicing their concerns so I was just saying if there was someone who DOES understand the compile process better it'd be cool to see where the problem really is.

EDIT : shouldn't be any risk of bricking either.
Just wanted to tell you that a member here "airline38" sent me a build with this being implemented, same problem, maybe it needs to be checking for data more faster than 30 seconds? I dunno maybe the whole code written to prevent the hard drive from going to sleep mode isn't compatible with my drive, I give up I'll just try to get a Western Digital or a Seagate maybe will solve my issue, thanks for everyone who tried helping me, Dios Mios just hates LG products!

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Just saw DM v2.5 was released several mins ago.

-updated to version 2.5-

*Fixed a bug in DM that could cause a fatal read error when using devices with
under 8GB size
*Added a PADHOOK pattern for Batman:Vengeance
*Added a screenshot feature
This feature can be enabled/disabled via the DM(L) config
Press R+Z on the fourth controller to take a screenshot any time!
Screenshots will be saved to device:/screenshots in the YPbPr format, you can
use my tool to convert them.

--------------------------------
Also there is an updated of "dip.c" for "HD sleep mode".
(not sure if it works since I never have this kind of problem myself)

Reactions: tmv_josue

AngryGreek766

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

-updated to version 2.5-

under 8GB size
screenshots? cool that will make things easier

Reactions: Maxternal

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
EDIT2: Updated it to 0.2. Now it will extract all saves for each game (games with multiple save files like tales of symphonia, sonic adventure 2, zelda collector's edition, mario party, phantasy star online...). You can also add gci files to an existing NMM save, for example, you have a save for Ocarina of Time (zelda collector's edition) and want to add the gci for Majora's Mask.

I also added an overwrite checking, so no one looses his saves without any warning

EDIT: this program currently only converts the first savegame, so games using multiple files (tales of symphonia, sonic adventure 2, zelda collector's edition...) aren't fully supported. When I get some sample saves I'll add exporting all saves for a game.

Someone asked me about no more memory and I did a little search and couldn't find a way to convert NMM folders back to gci, so I grabbed tueidj's gci2nmm and added the folder to gci conversion.

0.2: http://www.mediafire.com/?3rs90wo9hu0bjb4
0.1: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2rmj1ex3e9nxnqy

Just drag and drop the folder and it will output a gci file.

I don't use dios mios, so it isn't much tested, but it should work fine. Any feedback is appreciated, and if a tool like this already existed...well, here's another one.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country

-updated to version 2.5-

under 8GB size

Dude you're my hero :D

Edit: I hate to always be the bearer of bad news but I just tried it out, pad hook still doesn't work for Batman Vengeance, unless there was a different code used in which case I didn't update the loader (I think I'm already up to date), and hard drive still goes to sleep mode, but at least the screenshot feature can be very useful especially for reporting issues!

I still don't get it why the hard drive doesn't go to sleep mode when running a Wii game, even if I leave it for hours on pause with no background music or anything and then I come back and it still works, is there a way to use the same technique used for Wii games to work in DM or does it take up too much space?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Someone asked me about no more memory and I did a little search and couldn't find a way to convert NMM folders back to gci, so I grabbed tueidj's gci2nmm and added the folder to gci conversion.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2rmj1ex3e9nxnqy

Just drag and drop the folder and it will output a gci file.

I don't use dios mios, so it isn't much tested, but it should work fine. Any feedback is appreciated, and if a tool like this already existed...well, here's another one.
NICE

people have been asking for this for quite a while.

THANKS.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Edit: I hate to always be the bearer of bad news but I just tried it out, pad hook still doesn't work for Batman Vengeance, unless there was a different code used in which case I didn't update the loader (I think I'm already up to date), and hard drive still goes to sleep mode, but at least the screenshot feature can be very useful especially for reporting issues!

I still don't get it why the hard drive doesn't go to sleep mode when running a Wii game, even if I leave it for hours on pause with no background music or anything and then I come back and it still works, is there a way to use the same technique used for Wii games to work in DM or does it take up too much space?
I kinda wonder if that Pad Hook is just for PAL or NTSC like the Pokemon game fixes were at first but I don't have the game so no way to test it myself.

ANYWAY

I know I can be obsessively curious about bugs in programs sometimes but I saw someone posted a sleepy hard drive test on another thread and I was wondering if it would give any insight into why you were having this problem. (I wouldn't even know how to interpret the result myself but maybe it would help the devs some.)
http://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-an-open-source-gui-usb-loader.204106/page-517#post-4447757

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: