Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

hicandturkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the topic of best external drive has been talked about over and over again until it's gotten beaten to death, but I can't seem to find anywhere on the forums that provides any info regarding a 2TB external drive that works seamlessly with a full blown WiiFlow setup. I've already looked at the USB compatibility wiki and it doesn't really seem to help much. Does anyone have any experience with a 2TB drive that works perfect with WiiFlow in correlation with Devolution, Neek2o, and any other additional setups?

Dump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the topic of best external drive has been talked about over and over again until it's gotten beaten to death, but I can't seem to find anywhere on the forums that provides any info regarding a 2TB external drive that works seamlessly with a full blown WiiFlow setup. I've already looked at the USB compatibility wiki and it doesn't really seem to help much. Does anyone have any experience with a 2TB drive that works perfect with WiiFlow in correlation with Devolution, Neek2o, and any other additional setups?
i never used them before but i herd seagate was the way to go i use a 1tb WD my passport check this too http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Devices_Compatibility_List#2TB

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No drive related issues with my WD 2TB passport.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just use regular WiiFlow and don't play around with Devolution, Need2o etc and if you format a 2TB drive as FAT32 it runs regular games perfectly. I've used Seagates, Western Digital drives, Samsungs and Hitachi's without a problem.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noticed a while back that covers in jpg format have some crap around the edges, was wondering if that got fixed. Also, I asked earlier if there was an app to copy/convert real GC memcard saves to NMM, would like an answer on that.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Noticed a while back that covers in jpg format have some crap around the edges, was wondering if that got fixed. Also, I asked earlier if there was an app to copy/convert real GC memcard saves to NMM, would like an answer on that.
For me JPG covers look fine with r783...
Yep, you can convert your saves to NMM, you need GCMM:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/GCMM
That will pack your savegames into a gci file. Then use gci2nmm:
http://code.google.com/p/diosmios/wiki/Downloads?tm=2
That will convert it to a NMM compatible folder which you can use in DIOS-MIOS.

Reactions: MassiveRican

hicandturkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One other thing: I finally got around to setting up an emunand so that I could harness the power of WiiFlow and play the WiiWare/VC games through WiiFlow. Everytime I click on the emunand icon in the source menu, I get the wiiflow splash screen and then after a few seconds it codedumps. Neek20 works (although it takes what seems like ages to actually start up). I've tried setting up my nand for my SD card (SNEEK+DI) as well as for my USB drive (UNEEK+DI) and get the codedump each time regardless of where I tell it to find the emunand. I followed the guide on here to create the nand using ModMii: http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f16/neek2o-setup-installation-guide-241036/ and used the WiiFlow wiki to integrate it into WiiFlow: https://sites.google.com/site/wiiflowiki4/emu-nand-and-neek2o. I made sure that the path in wiiflow.ini is pointing to the correct path. I'm not sure why it continues to codedump everytime. Any of you WiiFlow Ninjas know what the cause could be?

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well I know that emunand off sd is broken in 4.0.3... loading channels, savegame emu, and partial/full nand emu doesn't work at the moment unfortunately. Savegame emulation broken in wiiflow version 4.0.3
I have to move emunand over to usb instead for the time being... don't know if this info helps you (add your codedump to that issue if its related and you don't mind)

I didn't try the wiiflow neek functionality.

hicandturkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I know that emunand off sd is broken in 4.0.3... loading channels, savegame emu, and partial/full nand emu doesn't work at the moment unfortunately. Savegame emulation broken in wiiflow version 4.0.3
I have to move emunand over to usb instead for the time being... don't know if this info helps you (add your codedump to that issue if its related and you don't mind)

I didn't try the wiiflow neek functionality.
Ah, well I guess that's probably the problem then. I'll try using the last known working version of wiiflow that worked with emunand... I'm assuming this was 4.0.2?

hicandturkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Thanks for the suggestion Abz. I updated a bunch of things from your pack including the newer version of WiiFlow. Unfortunately, I still get a codedump when choosing to view the emunand from the source menu. Note: I deleted all of the necessary things after updating wiiflow (including wiiflow.ini).
delete wiiflow\cache\lists and try pressing "B" on CFG button, might work
Keep in mind this could be a faulty emunand. So you might make a new one and try again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: ok