Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Does Devolution exhibit the same hard drive sleep problem, sonictopfan?
I dunno I haven't tried Devolution, the "no piracy" part bothers me much not because I wanna pirate games but because I already ripped my games long time ago before DM and Dev and I don't wanna rip them again and risk wearing off the laser, that and the fact you can't compress GC backups with Devolution, I can confirm though that running Wii games prevents it from going sleep mode!

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
NICE

people have been asking for this for quite a while.

THANKS.

I've just noticed that this probably won't work with games that use more than 1 memory card file...
Can someone upload a NMM savegame of zelda collector's edition? It must have at least 2 savegames (for example a save for majora's mask and a save for ocarina of time)

Reactions: SuperrSonic

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
@Maxternal I just wanna let you and everybody else know that my hard drive sleep issue is finally fixed, the new Dios Mios 2.6 which shall come soon fixed my problem, thanks to airline38 and everyone at Dios Mios team <3

@Cyan Does this include the fix for Batman Vengeance pad hook and a fix for the two disk?

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the screenshot feature :)
That's always nice to take them freely. (all consoles should have this features built-in, like vita)

for users:
I'll add the setting to GX today.

Makes me wonder if a screenshot feature could be added to a cIOS for use with wii games. If D2X had a similar feature, that would be pretty kickass.

player594

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone asked me about no more memory and I did a little search and couldn't find a way to convert NMM folders back to gci, so I grabbed tueidj's gci2nmm and added the folder to gci conversion.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2rmj1ex3e9nxnqy

Just drag and drop the folder and it will output a gci file.

I don't use dios mios, so it isn't much tested, but it should work fine. Any feedback is appreciated, and if a tool like this already existed...well, here's another one.

Thanks for making this. Been needing something like this to finish Tales of Symphonia for a while now. It works fine but only does the first slot. If you have saves in multiple slots it will only convert first, but great other wise.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for making this. Been needing something like this to finish Tales of Symphonia for a while now. It works fine but only does the first slot. If you have saves in multiple slots it will only convert first, but great other wise.

That's exactly what I wanted to know, can you upload your tales of symphonia NMM savegames?

I've never used NMM and based the code on gci2nmm, but gci2nmm doesn't contemplate multiple savefiles for a single game. I suspect how NMM handles this, but with your savegames I can confirm that and fix it, and also enhance the gci2nmm conversion tu support multiple files for a single game (for those that use it, like tales of symphonia, mario party, zelda collectors edition...)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Sonictopfan:
The padHook is inside DIOS MIOS code.
It's a list of pattern used in game which are patched by DM(L) to add button combo.
Batman had a pattern which weren't in other games, so Crediar added it. now this game also works with padhook setting.

Nothing done on multiple discs yet.

I tried the screenshot feature.
It's a memory dump, not just the video frame buffer.
The included program to convert it to a picture may be for win64 only, I can't use it in Win32 :(

So I tried to convert it manually, but I didn't find where the picture data is located in the dump (I didn't try hard).

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
@Cyan That's odd because the pad hook still doesn't work with Batman Vengeance, it's the only game in my huge collection that doesn't use the pad hook, well that and Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2 but that's another story!

Speaking of Phantasy Star Online, I still can't get it to work with USB-Loader GX but it works fine with DML Booter, do you think you can make a special "default" setting for this game to work in GX Cyan?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't know PSO doesn't work with GX.
To make a "default" setting for that game, it imply you could also do it manually. so the game should work with a specific settings? which ones? I don't have it to test myself.
official list says :
PADHook and cheats/debugger do not work. Remove accessory from slot B
Doesn't work with NMM
Doesn't work with DiscEx -c
Wiki list says : Work on GX, PADHook OFF.

Did you try to disable padHook for that game if you have it in global settings?

r1204 released (in googlecode beta thread)

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I tried, GCReEX format, pad hook off, NMM always off, memory card in slot B removed, even though with DML booter it works fine "by default settings" even with both memory cards inserted, it's not a big issue but I'm not a big fan of DML booter for it's a little slow for my tastes, takes about 10 seconds to list the games from the hard drive (stays in black screen for about 10 seconds at launch) and scrolling in the list is designed to work really slow, besides GX has grown over the years to be my favorite gaming launcher so it'll be cool if I could get it to run all GC games as well, I only use DML Booter now to run PSOE1&2 and disc 2 games (maybe someday I'll find a way to run Wiiware and VC games from GX too)!

player594

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's exactly what I wanted to know, can you upload your tales of symphonia NMM savegames?

I've never used NMM and based the code on gci2nmm, but gci2nmm doesn't contemplate multiple savefiles for a single game. I suspect how NMM handles this, but with your savegames I can confirm that and fix it, and also enhance the gci2nmm conversion tu support multiple files for a single game (for those that use it, like tales of symphonia, mario party, zelda collectors edition...)

I'll try to get those saves for you. It's late here now so maybe tommarow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back