Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you have PadHook enabled too?
I didn't thought about it as I have it always enabled, but maybe it should be set to enable button combo reading.
if it fix your problem, I'll add it automatically.

When the screenshot combo is detected, the wiilight should flash while it's writing to the device.
So you know it worked without checking your device manually.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Cyan, it took me some time to find it but I finally found a download link on some Asian website "I feel stupid but I couldn't find the download link in the googlepage for my life" anyway I got a couple of newbies questions:

1- What does "Progressive Patch" mean? 2- What does "Japanese Patch" mean?

Also for some reason screenshot doesn't work for me, I enabled it in the settings and pressed R+Z with controller 4 but it didn't work, what am I doing wrong?

Anyway for anyone who has Sonic Mega Collection I wanna ask does anybody else have an "error" message after existing a game if played for like a minute or more? At first I thought this happens because my hard drive goes sleep but now that the sleep issue been solved (tried it with several games and they all worked fine) it seems weird, I still think it's related to sleep somehow but I'm not sure, not that it's important since all of the games in Mega Collection already came to VC plus the error message happens after the game saves anyway so no progress will be lost, but it is kinda weird and annoying to have to restart your Wii every time you exit one of these games, Mega-Man Anniversary Collection seems to work fine though!

dqma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it was mentioned that almost all the space for DM is used up, that would mean it's going to be hard to fit in a fix for audio streaming. Would it be possible for a version of DM that takes out all the unnecessary features and only include like NMM and No Disc and Audio Streaming?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I fail to see what do you mean by "unnecessary features", the only way I can see it working is if they take out the GC Loader and make it a standalone dol file that runs off the SD "maybe along with Quadforce" which would save enough space for other stuff and features, but quite frankly I'm happy with the way DM is right now, it's near perfect!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I fail to see what do you mean by "unnecessary features", the only way I can see it working is if they take out the GC Loader and make it a standalone dol file that runs off the SD "maybe along with Quadforce" which would save enough space for other stuff and features, but quite frankly I'm happy with the way DM is right now, it's near perfect!
Thinking about this idea of loading things separately ... just a thought ...

Has anyone tried loading the old DML ELF files with a cMIOS that's compatible with GameCube homebrew and see if it runs. (or even run it with Swiss as a test) If it did it would be fairly simple solution to the whole DM / DML / QuadForce issue.
1. install WiiGator cMIOS
2. Run DM(L) Booter
3. Select "Old" boot method
4. try to run any game
5. Restart the Wii when it give errors.
6. Open WiiXplorer
7. Run DMLr58.elf and tell it it's GameCube homebrew.
8. Hope it works.

(I wish I was gonna have access to my Wii sooner to test it myself.)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Progressive Patch = Patch games to force display in progressive mode (480p). I used that name, because it's what it's called in DM.
To force a game to 480, only enable this setting (you don't need to set any video mode manually, keep only DML auto + Progressive Patch).

Japanese Patch is used to display Japanese text correctly with memory card formated in shift-jis instead of garbage text. Some Japanese games are detecting the memory card region to allow saving to memory card (but in non readable text), while other game just refuse to save at all if it doesn't detect the console is set to japan. the patch allow these games to read/write to Japanese formated memory card. I don't have Japanese games, so it's the only thing I know. It could be wrong, someone explained it better few pages ago, or in another thread. Enable this setting ONLY if your Japanese game doesn't work/save as it can corrupt your data if not used correctly (always keep backups of sensitive data).

If you want details on the loader's menu, it's best to ask in the loader's thread.

Reactions: sonictopfan

dqma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Calm down it was just a suggestion. I'm not suggesting future DM versions cut out all the current features. Audio streaming is something people want and if space is a concern then cut out unnecessary features to save space.

Kinda like how there's DM and DML. Maybe a DM version with audio streaming and less of everything else.

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
So it was mentioned that almost all the space for DM is used up, that would mean it's going to be hard to fit in a fix for audio streaming. Would it be possible for a version of DM that takes out all the unnecessary features and only include like NMM and No Disc and Audio Streaming?

I hope... We want audio streaming more than other nice features, nice idea to take out a version with all the compatibility features. Crediar is working on audio streaming AFAIK, hopefully someday he will find how to make it work.

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Calm down it was just a suggestion. I'm not suggesting future DM versions cut out all the current features. Audio streaming is something people want and if space is a concern then cut out unnecessary features to save space.

Kinda like how there's DM and DML. Maybe a DM version with audio streaming and less of everything else.

To be honest: if space for DM is such an issue why build-in a 'screen shot maker'?
It's a fun feature but I care more for 2-disc games compatibility and audio streaming.

But I am not unthankfull: the work being done on DM is great and every release is a little gift. Keep up the good work.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Here is a test result (by ULGX r1204) comparison
by using an "USB video capture device" (the top one)
and the "DM screenshot function" (with a component cable).

dmscreenshot.jpg

I have no idea (even I have tried several times) why the
"DM screenshot" result is not what I expected (very unclear).

Is there anyone get a better "screenshot" result from DM v2.5+ULGX r1204 ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't try the Win32 converter yet.

Are other loaders working? (Wiiflow mod may have that setting too, it's often updated before GX)

The colors are here.
the screen/picture resolution information may be wrong. (width of the picture doesn't fit all the screen and continue on the next lines)
try using different video mode (it should detect the mode in the dump, look in a hexeditor. the dump I got said "video mode undefined" or something like that, "using default". There were also a "Don't use that mode in retail games", maybe because I forced the 480p which is an uncommon format for a GC Game)
It should detect if it's PAL_M/PAL60/NTSC etc.

I'll make some test this evening.

dqma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest: if space for DM is such an issue why build-in a 'screen shot maker'?
It's a fun feature but I care more for 2-disc games compatibility and audio streaming.

But I am not unthankfull: the work being done on DM is great and every release is a little gift. Keep up the good work.
I'm not sure either, but that's what I read on the googlecodes page!

I'm grateful for DM though. Hell this time last year there wasn't even a way to play GC backups on a Wii through softmodding! Progress :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not as scary as walking in the woods alone, and running into Wario. +1