Not open for further replies.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, some test results:
1. BootMii boot2 -> Sneek+DI -> system menu -> DML => Wind Waker works
2. BootMii boot2 -> Sneek+DI -> system menu -> HBC -> system menu -> DML => Wind Waker does not work
3. system menu -> channel that uses IOS254(set in the tmd) -> Sneek+DI -> system menu -> DML => Wind Waker does not work
4. PriiLoader -> BootMii IOS -> Sneek+DI -> system menu -> DML -> Wind Waker does not work

looks like running a libogc program somewhere in your chain of programs breaks it

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
This is slighty off topic, but Id rather ask here than make a new topic...

WiiPower, any chance you or any of you devs have considered working on MIOS compatibility? The Neogamma MIOS works wonders, but some games like Phantasy Star, Pikmin 2, etc. Don't really work. Are these unfixable issues or things you guys have dropped interest for? I'm not trying to pressure or force you or anything, I am just curious. Thanks for all of you efforts and hard work guys!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

WiiPower, any chance you or any of you devs have considered working on MIOS compatibility? The Neogamma MIOS works wonders, but some games like Phantasy Star, Pikmin 2, etc. Don't really work. Are these unfixable issues or things you guys have dropped interest for? I'm not trying to pressure or force you or anything, I am just curious. Thanks for all of you efforts and hard work guys!

If MIOS has a patch for a game, you need the patched MIOS option + high plugin. From what i have seen, there's only a MIOS patch for Phantasy Star Online 1+2 japanese. What's the issue with Pikmin 2? I hear for the 1st time from it now. Or do you mean the Wii version of Pikmin 2?

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States

If MIOS has a patch for a game, you need the patched MIOS option + high plugin. From what i have seen, there's only a MIOS patch for Phantasy Star Online 1+2 japanese. What's the issue with Pikmin 2? I hear for the 1st time from it now. Or do you mean the Wii version of Pikmin 2?

Pikmin 2 GC freezes at the ending credits, but there's a whole array of content after that. In otherwords, you cannot complete the game because of the freeze. It only happens on the NTSC-U and PAL versions, and not the NTSC-J.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
[...]
Pikmin 2 GC freezes at the ending credits, but there's a whole array of content after that. In otherwords, you cannot complete the game because of the freeze. It only happens on the NTSC-U and PAL versions, and not the NTSC-J.

Are you sure this is the result in NeoGamma? If the game is reloading the main.dol similar to Eternal Darkness reloading the main.dol, then WiiGator's loader would not work for it, but NeoGamma would. Also, the patched MIOS option would be worth trying. If it boots with patched MIOS and the low plugin, that means there's no MIOS patch for this game.

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
[...]

Are you sure this is the result in NeoGamma? If the game is reloading the main.dol similar to Eternal Darkness reloading the main.dol, then WiiGator's loader would not work for it, but NeoGamma would. Also, the patched MIOS option would be worth trying. If it boots with patched MIOS and the low plugin, that means there's no MIOS patch for this game.

Yeah I'm sure. Ill try it again when I get to the end of the game, and Ill record it. Ill try the patched MIOS too.

sublinhado

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
FAQ from the readme file in the revision 12:

Q: I only have BootMii IOS and not BootMii boot2, why is the compatiblity bad?

A: This should be fixed now.

Q: Will the compatiblity be the same for BootMii IOS and BootMii boot2 somewhen?

A: See above.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh my god. I'm bootmii IOS only user and just booted wind waker via real nand and the help of neogamma! Just fired up the new neogamma selected wind waker to boot, said unsupported video mode. Then I just went back to the system menu and booted up the disc channel - now I'm in wind waker! No sound problems or something like that, it just works!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Full credit goes to Crediar, it was his idea and he made the changes to work as MIOS instead of BC.

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
God damn it I wish I could get SNEEK+DI working to try this... UGGGHHHH
I did not need to boot up SNEEK+DI, it worked just via neogamma and real nand!

What did you do in order to install it? Just patch the clean MIOSv10 from NUS and install? Because the readme confused me, it said I still need SNEEK+DI to boot lol.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What did you do in order to install it? Just patch the clean MIOSv10 from NUS and install? Because the readme confused me, it said I still need SNEEK+DI to boot lol.
Yep, I just replaced the app file to clean MIOSv10 and installed it!

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The NeoGamma that is able to load DML without Sneek+DI was released after DMLr12.
BTW why can't I boot the game via neogamma directly? It just gives me unsupported video mode as you may read earlier. But then via disc channel it works just fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Going to smoke a bowl, eat pizza, drink a beer, and watch I Saw the TV Glow.