Translation Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

• Thread starter yugix
  • Start date
  • Views 1,595,576
  • Replies 2,283
  • Likes 730

Which do you prefer for place names?!

• Stick with Japanese names for all names.

Votes: 141 27.9%
  • Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

Votes: 365 72.1%

• Total voters

DanielSmith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
ok so i did some math every one now this is only a ruff estimet if things keep progressing as it is are everything works out we're looking at a one and a half to three years i think before this is finished this is not a defient it could be more or less so come back in a year and see if its done if not to sad carly brown get over it.
also as a side not i might be able to get someone to help with translating part but i need to know do they need to have any skilll with computers to do it for it can be translated if i get he/she invovled but do you just need somone to give you what is said so you can put it in

yugix

Sleepy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
ok so i did some math every one now this is only a ruff estimet if things keep progressing as it is are everything works out we're looking at a one and a half to three years i think before this is finished this is not a defient it could be more or less so come back in a year and see if its done if not to sad carly brown get over it.
also as a side not i might be able to get someone to help with translating part but i need to know do they need to have any skilll with computers to do it for it can be translated if i get he/she invovled but do you just need somone to give you what is said so you can put it in

Sorry, my PC has problem and it is not working now. But all data are there. So, after it is fixed, I will have to insert more data in the PAK.

I don't understand what you mean by the last sentence but if I understand it correctly, I take the data from the sheet and put it in the PAK.
So, the only thing needed is Gmail Account (Google Account to access Drive) since I put the translation sheet there + translation skills.

If you have anyone to help, send me a PM. I usually use my Phone or iPad to check the forum daily.

T11

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
i need all human sprites from this game, i heard u have to know hex table, pointers and what not, can someone experienced rip them, or to give me 100% complete save file of the game..

hart37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, my PC has problem and it is not working now. But all data are there. So, after it is fixed, I will have to insert more data in the PAK.

I don't understand what you mean by the last sentence but if I understand it correctly, I take the data from the sheet and put it in the PAK.
So, the only thing needed is Gmail Account (Google Account to access Drive) since I put the translation sheet there + translation skills.

If you have anyone to help, send me a PM. I usually use my Phone or iPad to check the forum daily.

Hope it's not too expensive to fix your PC man.

JackH

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't estimate since the translation of the Story is unfinished. I need more help since there is no one doing it.

As a speaker of several languages (not Japanese yet) and long time watcher of this and the previous thread, I have some (purely constructive) suggestions:

There are so many Japanese-English bilinguals online who could be interested in this, (quick google search):

http://www.meetup.com/jetoastmasters/members/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/272467342855722/

Translations require personal interpretation, 'perfect translations' just don't exist and the quality of a translation depends only on the person doing it, whether or not online translators are used.

With an English synopsis, using the video context and many online translators as a guide I subtitled a Japanese anime; it's not 'accurate', but it's a readable and creative interpretation (not a brainless copy and paste job) which fits the story very well - isn't that really all that's necessary here?

I know this is your project so I'm not demanding anything, but it might be something to (re)consider since you need more help. Awesome job so far! :)

darkmanwe4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
As a speaker of several languages (not Japanese yet) and long time watcher of this and the previous thread, I have some (purely constructive) suggestions:

There are so many Japanese-English bilinguals online who could be interested in this, (quick google search):

http://www.meetup.com/jetoastmasters/members/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/272467342855722/

Translations require personal interpretation, 'perfect translations' just don't exist and the quality of a translation depends only on the person doing it, whether or not online translators are used.

With an English synopsis, using the video context and many online translators as a guide I subtitled a Japanese anime; it's not 'accurate', but it's a readable and creative interpretation (not a brainless copy and paste job) which fits the story very well - isn't that really all that's necessary here?

I know this is your project so I'm not demanding anything, but it might be something to (re)consider since you need more help. Awesome job so far! :)

Japanese is a hard language to learn, there are subtle differences between the meanings of a single word only someone who knows well the japanese language can understand, so (as I think it was stated at some point in the thread) online translators are not an option...
I think we'll just have to wait for as long as it takes D:

TMS1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping for an exact translation, myself. I don't want just the gist of what's going on. That's what excited me most about this project; I wasn't just going to get a garbled idea of the story like I do in officially localized games. Now, I'm a member of a large Digimon forum. We aren't aloud to discuss roms there, regardless of legality, but I can ask around in private messages to see if any translators there would be interested in helping. I can't promise results, but it's a start.

PhantomBanger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japanese is a hard language to learn, there are subtle differences between the meanings of a single word only someone who knows well the japanese language can understand, so (as I think it was stated at some point in the thread) online translators are not an option...
I think we'll just have to wait for as long as it takes D:

As far as I can tell from their post, they were saying that there are people you could contact online that would be interested in helping to translate this, not that there are online translators.

DarkX131

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Oops....didn't know that.....I thought it would be helpful :(

Please hurry up and finish the translation...... Can't wait...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I was adding some stuff to my gdevelop project and I couldnt save it cuz there was a power outage and thus no internet
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ have you played super smash flash 2?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Not really.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, ok sorry
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh, no need to apologize. Thanks for asking.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You ever played Super Mario Crossover Flash?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its one of the best Mario games in Flash, where you can choose from a number of different Nintendo characters to play as.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i already told you i did play it
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Oh, I honestly don't remember, it was a long while ago I imagine.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Oh, I honestly don't remember, it was a long while ago I imagine.