Translation Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

• Thread starter yugix
  • Start date
  • Views 1,586,302
  • Replies 2,283
  • Likes 730

Which do you prefer for place names?!

• Stick with Japanese names for all names.

Votes: 141 27.9%
  • Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

Votes: 365 72.1%

• Total voters

yugix

Sleepy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
PzJbLr6.png

Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

Project Status: Will be done by Decoded Operation (Updated: 4th January, 2017)

Introduction:
This is a project to translate DSLE which is started by influence of the original Project. This is the new topic which will (hopefully) hold answers to all of your questions except one (When the patch will be released). You will be able to check the progress of the project here in the first post.

If you are looking forward to a patch release or are a supporter of the project hit the like button this first post. Please DO NOT fill this thread with un-needed support posts or questions on when it will get released.

Note: if anyone of you can translate the story, I will be glad to give you the access to the translation sheet.
Please send me your gmail (google) account to access google docs (Google Drive) and I will give you access.
This can make the translation faster, as I can fix the text in the game little by little faster.

Software/Tools:
this is a list of tools used by us.
Crystaltile2
PakEditor (thanks Normmatt)
PakManager (thanks Normmatt)
Tinke (thanks Pleonex)
Dsbuff
NFTREdit
DesMume- For testing

Team (Contributors):
This is our teams (actually they are contributors since we are not a team)

Text Translators:
Nebz
pokeeiyuu
MagusZero
prototype_u
Yugix
Takoman781
Grammon
CK_Byuu
Aaron
Localization Editors:
Mirby
Black-Ice
TMS1
Seqa
Graphic Editors & Translators:
Rastsan
Yugix
Densetsu
TMS1
Takeshi55
Phoenix Goddess
DarthNemesis
PROGRESS
Text Translation Progress:
Names (Items, Digimon, attacks, digitamas, Evolution Trees, Characters, Places) 100%
Quests 100%
Items description 100% (finished)
Digimon Profiles (Description) 100%
Attacks description 100% (finished)
Evolution Requirements 100%
Digitama Requirements (Matching) 100%
Menus 100%
Wi-Fi 90% (Not tested yet)

Story Translation ~60% (All Text are now in english but we still need to fix it)
Dialog Translations ~60% (Same as above)
Story Text Insertion 8% (Up to The selectors 2nd Battle)

Graphic Translation Progress:
All Graphics are fixed. (Not fully tested).

Screenshots: (Note that even it seems playable, we won't release it before finishing all things)
BxiXF.png
Yetbn.png
QeHhq.png
zWaJI.png
NpK3z.png
dmbUn.png
bLkrw.png
zb1Q1.png
MRGl5.png
ypVeQ.png
J98aq.png
lWEHg.png
VcHxP.png
b3tvE.png
OnWUW.png
TuXgW.png
miQ2q.png
Scdwn.png
fDpqP.png
Afk11.png
hTo5l.png
NhGkK.png
ifLHN.png
oEaC0.png
These are the new screenshots after fixing the fonts.
IUCUffT.png
ySZNjMH.png

RjsBm3o.png
xa0GQQN.png

P28JOrM.png
BkVsmNQ.png

HmIluX9.png
Iqi8Emp.png

7k3jyhA.png
wQ1fyFb.png

T5veJgL.png
UGOb1Hf.png

9LqkQuF.png
XjbCklV.png

kBrvn3P.png
M44PKMJ.png

xEiO4sj.png
C9GJ0W8.png

E0bOxb2.png
WfnpQbT.png

Kps0Kck.png
Nns5e3H.png

FGUBJq2.png
W5KEVBz.png

cbgMy4u.png
bEhaU7b.png

10GYjg4.png
Q3KIcO8.png

x3Xl7ti.png
Y6c662P.png

pJhnzr8.png
UA6ywX8.png

CA1D1ku.png
N9Ek0tR.png

H0Gftyw.png
9pweHjb.png

ZsB28H9.png
zGhSvCx.png

7nd8ySz.png
sA3JVTf.png

2gwBEG8.png

Profiles Votes:
  1. Copy the profile from other places (like wikimon, previous games) (153 votes [59.07%])
  2. Translate the information from game directly (106 votes [40.93%])
So as we can see, we will do the first approach.

Special Thanks:
From Rastsan to You-End for the save file
From Rastsan to all graphic translator

also, to Normmatt for his tools and font files that without them, this translation may not occured.

Links:
These are links to websites which we may used to help in this project

Disclaimer:
As this is a commercial product this game belongs to the copyright holder and or the original maker of said game. The english translated patch, any information contained in this topic or with the patch is only for research study purposes. Organization(s) or individual(s) may not use this product, patch or the information discussed for commercial purposes in any form. I will not bear any responsibility for the consequences arising from other(s) use.

Last edited by yugix, , Reason: To avoid misunderstand, it was thought it is discontinued

DigiTak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay the new topic! This project makes me want to go play digimon right now! I calculated the current entire completion of this project, and its around say 66% so I can't wait for the patch guys!

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
if you understand why a new thread was started and you read the first post... you don't need to ask when or if it will be updated. I am not trying to be mean but the whole point of starting a new thread was to avoid this. I know you are excited about it, so am I. But show your excitement with the like button.

update
As expected the images that had multi-width tiles are not showing up correctly in game. This may only be a problem with how crystaltile2 and its tile composition tool works. I am now going to try Tinke to see if it can import the edited image without causing display errors later in play.

Previously I missed two digiplates, three other images (prerequisite, location, and change digimon).
I will be working on the images that are still not displaying correctly (so far seven). That and the title image. I am almost sure I have a different version where the V is fixed in evolution and the U and N look better. That being said I am open to criticism on it. Bear in mind that it (the title image) repeats about 8 times. I hope I didn't fix only a few of the repeated images. sigh...

Reactions: 2 people

MusicBeyblader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wish I could help, but I cant speak or read japanese... But I can still cheer you guys on and wait till its done. Good luck.

yugix

Sleepy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
if you understand why a new thread was started and you read the first post... you don't need to ask when or if it will be updated. I am not trying to be mean but the whole point of starting a new thread was to avoid this. I know you are excited about it, so am I. But show your excitement with the like button.

update
As expected the images that had multi-width tiles are not showing up correctly in game. This may only be a problem with how crystaltile2 and its tile composition tool works. I am now going to try Tinke to see if it can import the edited image without causing display errors later in play.

Previously I missed two digiplates, three other images (prerequisite, location, and change digimon).
I will be working on the images that are still not displaying correctly (so far seven). That and the title image. I am almost sure I have a different version where the V is fixed in evolution and the U and N look better. That being said I am open to criticism on it. Bear in mind that it (the title image) repeats about 8 times. I hope I didn't fix only a few of the repeated images. sigh...

Thank you Rastsan,

About the title screen, I took the snapshot from the first test. I don't know if it fixed or not since I didn't check it. So, I will check it and confirm to u.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Na... I wanna go back and get to it myself. that "lost" also seems a little off. It seems tinke can do it but the colors are way way off. Don't know about whether they will work in game, as the color screw up is so bad I am thinking there has to be another way.

Raqib

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
My only question is, will the text used for name entry be modified at all? For instance, I already have a save file from when I started playing ages ago. If I were to apply the patch, would that break my already existing names?

yugix

Sleepy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
My only question is, will the text used for name entry be modified at all? For instance, I already have a save file from when I started playing ages ago. If I were to apply the patch, would that break my already existing names?

No, there will be no issues in saves. Actually, we use a save file which is taken from the Japanese game (not patched) and it is working fine.

Raqib

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

No, there will be no issues in saves. Actually, we use a save file which is taken from the Japanese game (not patched) and it is working fine.

Excellent. If you guys need another translator, I'm free. I recently worked on Yu-Gi-Oh Tag Force 6 with the hacker omarrrio, I can promise you quality descriptions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well, after a day of pain, i'm gonna catch some zs