Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by yugix, Mar 16, 2012.

?
  1. Stick with Japanese names for all names.

128 vote(s)
    27.7%
  2. Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

334 vote(s)
    72.3%
  1. Mirby

Mirby BDFF Hype~ :3

Feb 9, 2011
    United States
    That One Place
    Careful, we need to buff the crystals off first, then dust it off, and THEN glue it back together!!

1 person likes this.
  2. noddalives

noddalives GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2010
    and then we sand off the excess glue :D

3. darklordfang404

darklordfang404 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2010
    United States
    then don't forget to polish it so that way it i looks pretty beforehand

4. prectorian
    This message by prectorian has been removed from public view by a moderator, Nov 13, 2019.
    Mar 25, 2012
  5. Mirby

Feb 9, 2011
    United States
    That One Place
    There's enough hype, and they've said time and again no patch of that sort will be released. >_>

1 person likes this.
  6. Lenoor

Lenoor Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2010
    Netherlands
    Thank you for your job sir :)

7. Black-Ice

Black-Ice Founder of the Church of Renamon

Oct 31, 2011
    United Kingdom
    London
    Say what now?

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  8. PauloVidorZilioS

PauloVidorZilioS Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2012
    He must have used a automated translator, and the program translated "Work" (as in "thank you for your hard work) as "Job", its a common mistranlation... Thats why i hate softtranlators....

9. Black-Ice

Oct 31, 2011
    United Kingdom
    London
    Oh, well then that makes perfect sense now.
    arigato gozaimasu :) :moogle:

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  10. Mirby

Feb 9, 2011
    United States
    That One Place
    I had hoped that with the new thread the constant requests for a patch would die down, but it seems to indicate more than ever that patience is a dying trait. *sigh*

1 person likes this.
  11. TMS1

TMS1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2011
    United States
    Glad to see that the project is going strong. By the way, I voted for translating the profiles (being a Digimon fan first and a gamer second), though if the translators can confirm that the profiles are identical with ones already translated, then copying would be fine. I just don't want to miss out on anything that might be new.

12. DanielSmith

DanielSmith Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2012
    i have a little thing that i think the group that have been working on this its a few words a friend of mine said the you have shown though out this translation
    there is no chance, no destiny, no fate,
    that can circumvent or hinder or control
    the firm resolve of a determined soul,

the difftence between the impossible
    and the possible lies in a person's
    determination,

success is not final,failure is not fatal it is the courage to continue that counts
    i removed the boring bits but that was a good friend of mine told me when i stoped writeing my book and now i have got 1/4 of the way through it so keep this up and you guys will finish this translation

3 people like this.
  13. Mirby

Feb 9, 2011
    United States
    That One Place
    Since Digimon themselves tend to gain power from their partner's strength of will, their determination, I find this quote to be highly relevant and highly appropriate. Bravo, my friend. Bravo.
    [​IMG]
    seriously, nice motivational line.

14. Routakira

Routakira Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2011
    United States
    Is it me or are the newbies' comments the only ones being deleted? What could they say that merrits deletion? But that aside i have been silently and patiently waiting for this patch, i have high hopes for this one. keep up the good work guys i'll support you anyway i can.

15. Mirby

Feb 9, 2011
    United States
    That One Place
    The only reason those posts have been deleted is because of their incessant requests for a patch.

And the moderation deletion reasons should be enough to explain why that's bad. And it's also bad because if they'd just read the first page, they'd see this:

Which means DON'T ASK ABOUT THE PATCH!

1 person likes this.
  16. Black-Ice

Oct 31, 2011
    United Kingdom
    London
    Its not that they are newbies
    Its that they are patch-spamming fools who cant be bothered to read the first page
    It doesnt matter how many posts you have, ask for a patch and I will report you.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  17. Apathetic_Discord

Apathetic_Discord Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2009
    Here.
    In all honestly, people are blind, lazy, and impatient. Always wanting more then what is being given. Humans are so greedy. Quite sad really.

On topic; I've been following this for a while now, i'm looking forward to it , so i shall say thank you for all your effort people, but i don't see why people expect you to give up more of your free-time and life to get the patch out faster, just to suit their own needs/desires. I mean it's your life, it's not like you're getting anything out of this except the satisfaction of completing a project like this. But unfortuantly, people can't see it that way. Anyway, that's my two cent, Ciao.

2 people like this.
  18. shikamarutak

shikamarutak Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2010
    United States

very true people who keep asking ''where can i get a patch for this game??'' should be deleted they should wait for it to come out and be great full that people are working on this. whats that saying : patients is a virtue. .

on another topic and i know this is on the wrong thread but the new ish digimon cros wars ds game is anyone translating it?? again sorry to put this on here.

keep up the good work guys your doing a hell of a job.

19. Mirby

Feb 9, 2011
    United States
    That One Place
    You could always set up a request in the Translations Request thread for that game. I haven't played it yet myself, but I plan to.

I mean, if I got through this with basic Japanese knowledge, I should be able to get through that, especially after have watched all of Xros Wars.

20. noddalives

noddalives GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2010
    yeah i played through most of red and blue in full japanese, i stopped because i was having troubles fusing stuff into that blue thing that seems to be a main character >.>

21. deneric

deneric Member

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2011
    United States
    Alright guys, time to kick it into over drive; I leave for a flight at 8:30am tomorrow morning, and I wanna play some digimon along the way. You see where I'm going with this?

GO GO GO!

(Jay Kay)

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted