Translation Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

• Thread starter yugix
  • Start date
  • Views 1,595,156
  • Replies 2,283
  • Likes 730

Which do you prefer for place names?!

• Stick with Japanese names for all names.

Votes: 141 27.9%
  • Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

Votes: 365 72.1%

• Total voters

Whole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I hope I could help with the translations. I'm pretty well in English but I don't speak Japanese...

I Can Try to Speed Up this Translation since my English Understanding is Awesome since I Have Growed Up Listening to English Musics and I Began to Got the English Vibe

Come on, you can't be serious.

Reactions: Black-Ice

Cheren

Pokemon Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Although My Japanese Skills are Trash since I Don´t Understand it all,but I Have Photografic Memory,and that have Helped Me Many Times in this Game

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I Can Try to Speed Up this Translation since my English Understanding is Awesome since I Have Growed Up Listening to English Musics and I Began to Got the English Vibe
No.
Please cease these shenanigans, all of you.
If you are gonna make a pitch about your english.
Lrn 2 english first.

well, he may help another translator who does not understand how to translate in english
Every translator has better english. Believe it

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
I understand being eager about this and wanting to offer your skills in an attempt to finish this up faster but...

Well, you kind of need those skills first. Being able to speak English and write it does not mean you instantly have the level of proficiency required for a quality translation such as this.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I Can Google Translate the Text
Like hell you cant.
Never ever google translate anything serious.

If it were that simple we would have been finished ages ago.
No Google translate screws up alot and is untrustworthy. It literally cant process sentences.
Infact its ideas like that which messed up the first docs file with all our translations,

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I Can Google Translate the Text
Oh no you don't. Google Translate is a no-no. Period. Let's leave it at that. Any further attempt to justify its usage here will result in you being ridiculed and possibly flamed. Do yourself a favour. Please. It has been discussed before (though I am not sure if it is THIS specific thread) but w/e.

PhantomBanger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you are looking forward to a patch release or are a supporter of the project hit the like button this first post. Please DO NOT fill this thread with un-needed support posts or questions on when it will get released.

Note: if anyone of you can translate the story, I will be glad to give you the access to the translation sheet.
Please send me your gmail (google) account to access google docs (Google Drive) and I will give you access.
This can make the translation faster, as I can fix the text in the game little by little faster even while studying.

I think people need to remember these two things.
If you can't help, wait, if you can help then send him a message kthxbai!

FearItSelf23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like hell you cant.
Never ever google translate anything serious.

If it were that simple we would have been finished ages ago.
No Google translate screws up alot and is untrustworthy. It literally cant process sentences.
Infact its ideas like that which messed up the first docs file with all our translations,

Come on guys obviously that was a joke post not a serious one.

Bilgames

The King
Trophies
XP
Country
it's like the most common solution to people's IT queries being "have you tried turning it off and on again" surprisingly most people don't have the sense to think of it themselves

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Come on guys obviously that was a joke post not a serious one.
You have no idea how many of those posts were serious.

It was to the point that, as has been mentioned before, people were modifying the translation documents with google-translated text in an attempt to help back when those were open to the public.

Yeah, Google Translate can be okay... with languages other than Japanese. It just can't seem to translate that language (among many others) accurately. People who offered to help with the use of Google Translate are more likely to kill a project than help it. It's like taking someone who is allergic to water to a swim meet and hoping they'll bring your team to victory.

It's gonna be a lot worse in the end. And extremely damaging to all involved.

TMS1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Languages like Japanese have a very different sentence structure from Western language. That's why machine translation has so much trouble with it. The words are all jumbled up, and the program doesn't seem to know how to deal with the more complicated forms of grammar.

Reactions: Phoenix Goddess

Raikaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Languages like Japanese have a very different sentence structure from Western language. That's why machine translation has so much trouble with it. The words are all jumbled up, and the program doesn't seem to know how to deal with the more complicated forms of grammar.

That makes sense. It works "somewhat" well for languages like French or Spanish but I can understand the difficulty with a language like Japanese.

Reyis

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been watching this thread since it started,now i have some free time in my hands,so i want to help a bit ^^

Sadly,English is not my native language,but i'm pretty confident with my skills,it's been like 14 years since i've started learning it.As for Japanese,i'm only learning it for 2 years,and studying for N3 level atm.

I don't think i'm gonna have any problems with grammar etc.,and i can handle the Kanji's i don't know with internet.

So long story short,if you guys think i'm eligible,i'll be glad to help ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's not 4th of July yet