Translation Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

• Thread starter yugix
  • Start date
  • Views 1,595,170
  • Replies 2,283
  • Likes 730

Which do you prefer for place names?!

• Stick with Japanese names for all names.

Votes: 141 27.9%
  • Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

Votes: 365 72.1%

• Total voters

Glades

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I'm probably late on this but,
@dimmidice, Don't want to sound rude or anything, but why are you waiting on the translation if you don't care for the story? From what I've played, you can pretty much play without even knowing Japanese [just use the FAQ if you're stuck]; I've played it [also tried to learn Japanese, I think I said this earlier, but couldn't because I'm not use to the 'characters/symbols' that they use and it's confusing to me], but got bored because after awhile of playing it became repetitive and 'lacking', and since I don't know the story, I didn't feel motivated in continuing. [I think I was up to either Chip Forest or Tusk canyon, remember being in Chip forest, but also at a canyon like place - for a more accurate one, I think I unlocked 2-4 warps, can't remember for sure since it's been like 2(?) years now. The FAQ said I was either half to two-thirds way finished the 'game'.]

Now then, I pretty much agree with most of you, on how it's they own time and it's up to them how they spend it. Most people seem to not know... what was the word again, it was close to gratitude... umm appreciation(?) I think. -- They are doing it because they want to, and feel like it. Let them be and be grateful that they are even doing this. (Yeah, I think it's appreciation now, hope it is.)

Edit: Also, I think the reason why people are so impatient with the translations; they are too use to how mangas seem to be transtaled so quickly, thus thinking that it's easy (it's just what it seems, or something like that). Games and books are different, since for games there are more restrictions.

WarGreymonX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanna ask, in this game, How do you complete Tanemons quest? I have been searching for days how to do it and its just getting frustrating. I cant find the shiny object gamefaqs said to find despote visting all possible areas.

VincentValkenhof

Trophies
XP
i have been following this thread for a long time now and never felt the urge to say something but i wanted to say something now

first i want to thank the people to the translate this game because digimon is my favorite show and i really liked playing the other digimon world game on the DS
but because it is in japanese it really hard for me to play it
i dont want to put pressure on you guys but because the DS is dead this is the only game left that it is worth waiting for but because we sometimes dont hear anything from the translators for weeks/months i sometimes think that this translation is dead
that is why i think its best to bring out 1 partial patch(more is always welcome) so that people who want it can play it with traslated menus and everthing. this also takes the pressure of for the translators because people have something to keeo them happy. also can these people help finding bugs in the partial patch.

i wont make a noise if the translators only want to make a full patch and still will be waiting patiently for when they realese a patch

Reactions: dimmidice

jojoxyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have been following this thread for a long time now and never felt the urge to say something but i wanted to say something now

first i want to thank the people to the translate this game because digimon is my favorite show and i really liked playing the other digimon world game on the DS
but because it is in japanese it really hard for me to play it
i dont want to put pressure on you guys but because the DS is dead this is the only game left that it is worth waiting for but because we sometimes dont hear anything from the translators for weeks/months i sometimes think that this translation is dead
that is why i think its best to bring out 1 partial patch(more is always welcome) so that people who want it can play it with traslated menus and everthing. this also takes the pressure of for the translators because people have something to keeo them happy. also can these people help finding bugs in the partial patch.

i wont make a noise if the translators only want to make a full patch and still will be waiting patiently for when they realese a patch

Since the beginning they have said that until they are done with the translation entirely they will not release a patch. They have no obligation to anyone since they are doing this on their own accord. Those who are unhappy should just get over it. Just like giving a kid a new toy because they whine about it. You give it to them this time and they will whine again in the future expecting the same outcome. A new patch will bring even more people complaining about more patches if there is a glitch in the initial patch. Hopefully the translators are not feeling pressured, because that is usually what leads to the death of projects. Just sit back and continue checking the boards periodically for updates.

rro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
A lot of people complaining about how long they have been waiting for this patch, and keep giving a pressure to the team. I have a better suggestion for those kind of people. Why don't you just get yourself a japanese class? It would only take you about a half or a year time to get the knowledge needed to play the game, and you could use those knowledge not only for this game, but also for other games as well. The team is translating this game for free. What they did was none other than a charity act. So, stop being impatient and giving them more pressure.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
To be honest, I think more translators and hackers should just do like Kingcom does on his website, having two updates in one year is as lucky as you'll get, sometimes not even that.There's no percentages and nothing unless he makes an update mentioning it.

When people put percentages and stuff like that, it pleases a lot of people, I don't know what the translators and hackers feel about it, but it just makes most people want more... If there's a 100% menu translation, people will want that patch, if the first chapter is translated, people will want that, and so on... Blah... I want to play dozens of games that are still being translated, this one included, seeing as I'm not working on them or doing anything productive and all I'm doing is waiting, I shouldn't beg for anything, same applies for everyone else.

Anyway, wasn't this thread locked a while ago to avoid comments asking for patches and stuff?

DanielSmith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
i am still supprised people these days that are not part of the translating thinks its easy i did translating once for a german game 6 years this game is much bigger and its taken them less time so please people stop thinking its going to be done really soon i am guessing as a estimate it will be done around hmmmmm
chrismass or at the latest in two years january and i can wait that long becuase i know how hard it is so people please lay off and dont ask questions about why is it taking so long

Reactions: PhantomBanger

aikex222

Trophies
XP
Country
holy **** i want u *-* its all i have to say.

Thanks for doing this

PS: Sorry if any word is wrong but im bad in english :/

PhantomBanger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pretty sure that's what Black-Ice was getting at.
Saying your Japanese is poor when your English clearly isn't great likely won't make people want you to help translate...

Reactions: Black-Ice

Cheren

Pokemon Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I Can Try to Speed Up this Translation since my English Understanding is Awesome since I Have Growed Up Listening to English Musics and I Began to Got the English Vibe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5uh_m4VgTY4