• Replies 768
  • Likes 53

Finearel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok thanks to everyone that helped me, but either it is not possible on my mac or I am doing something wrong. I managed to get the titledumper to work, but I still pretty much have the same problem that I had before i even used the mac version. Super Smash Bros just loads up normally. I tried it several hours but no matter what i changed, the game just loads up how it always does and asks me if I want to create new files on my sd-card to save pictures etc., instead of being stuck on the loading screen. Because the titledumper says he is connected to the wii u and begins to create files i am assuming i didnt do much wrong there. Thats what the titledumper says everytime:
Code:
Title Dumper by Dimok
Waiting for WiiU connection... (press Ctrl+C to stop)
Client 0 connected
Create path: /voltitledumper
But what is the reason that the game loads up normally? I used both NWPlayer and loadiine a lot, but same result for both. Firewall is also deactivated and the IP is correct. Has anybody had the same or a similar problem? Help would be greatly appreciated!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
what did you type as command line ?
it seems you enter something like "/voltitledumper" or "titledumper" somewhere as input or output path.
you shouldn't type the command line examples, you have to replace them to point to your existing path on wiiu and on your computer.

the game loads up normally because the dumper tell the game to dump the folder "/voltitledumper" and that folder doesn't exist on the disc, so it just skip it and continue loading normaly.

Also what do you mean by "right arguments"?
It means that the text you see on the first post is only an explanation and NOT what you have to write!
You need to replace "arguments" of the command line with the correct text based on what you want to do. An argument is the second "text" (separated by a space) and all onward text after the command.

Code:
Command argument1 argument2 argument3 ..... argumentN

Code:
#! /bin/bash 
./titledumper <dump_path_on_wiiu> <output_path_on_pc>
the "arguments" are the things like <replace this> and <replace that>

there are 2 arguments you need to replace.
Look at the Example section on the first page.

You need to replace the first argument called "<dump_path_on_wiiu>" with "/vol" to dump the folder "/vol" located on the disc.
you need to replace the second argument called "<output_path_on_pc>" with the path on your PC where you want the files to be copied to.

Add a SPACE between each argument.

./titledumper SPACE HERE /vol SPACE HERE /path/to/your/folder/on/your/computer

if /path/to/your/folder/on/your/computer contains a space, you need to add quotes around it or it will be treated as additional argument, and the program only look at the 2 first arguments.
for example
./titledumper SPACE HERE /vol SPACE HERE "/path/to your/folder on computer"

Reactions: Maschell

Maschell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can you answer my question ? :)
(I don't if I understand you correctly, but I think you want to use images instead of the extracted folders?)
WUD/WUX are mostly over 4GB which is the file size limit of FAT32. We would need to create a new file format, thats splittable into 4GB chunks.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(I don't if I understand you correctly, but I think you want to use images instead of the extracted folders?)
WUD/WUX are mostly over 4GB which is the file size limit of FAT32. We would need to create a new file format, thats splittable into 4GB chunks.

Correct. I don't liked the extracted folders. I prefer to use images. Is there a way I can put an extracted folders into image ? Just one game: Mega Man Legacy Collection. I was told that Wizard can do that.

Finearel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@Cyan I was pretty sure I entered the right commands, but after your message I gave it another try and tried several commands but for all of them the result was the same, the game just loads up normally. Here is what I entered and think should be correct.
Code:
iMac-215-November-2009:~ myname$ /Users/myname/Documents/ddd/titledumper ./titledumper /vol "/Users/myname/Documents/Smash"
Title Dumper by Dimok
Waiting for WiiU connection... (press Ctrl+C to stop)
Client 0 connected
Create path: /vol./titledumper
Client 0 connection closed
Connection closed only appears when i turn the Wii U off, but I dont think that should matter too much. Is there anything I did wrong or is there another reason why the game loads up normally?
Edit: Oh and without quotes, the result is the same. I just used it for one try to see what happens.

Last edited by Finearel,

Maschell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Finearel
At fist change your working directoy to the one where the title dumper is. Should be
Code:
cd /Users/myname/Documents/ddd/titledumper

Then type in this
Code:
./titledumper /vol "/Users/myname/Documents/Smash"

Finearel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@Maschell
Code:
iMac-215-November-2009:~ myname$ cd /Users/myname/Documents/ddd/titledumper
-bash: cd: /Users/myname/Documents/ddd/titledumper: Not a directory
Thats probably not how it should, but I dont really know what could be the problem here.

Last edited by Finearel,

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Maschell
Code:
iMac-215-November-2009:~ myname$ cd /Users/myname/Documents/ddd/titledumper
-bash: cd: /Users/myname/Documents/ddd/titledumper: Not a directory
Thats probably not how it should be, but I dont really know what coulb the problem here.
Do this instead
Code:
cd /Users/myname/Documents/ddd/
titledumper is an app, you can't cd into a app. It need to be a directory, aka folder.

Reactions: Maschell

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Umm.. What about my question ? ^_^;
there's no WUD creator. this is not possible to convert files and folder to image file.

that's not because "you prefer" this format, that it's possible.
Loadiine use a specific format, and you have to follow the requirement.
Wii needed WBFS partition format on first release, and users preferred FAT32, but it wasn't possible ! and now it works with FAT32/NTFS, etc.
let time to its job, and maybe later (later!) you'll get what you want.
For the moment, follow the homebrew requirement, or change the requirement by adding it to the sources.

Create path: /vol./titledumper
Your command looks fine. but what's strange is the "/vol./titledumper" part.
it looks like it tried to create the path "./titledumper" (argument 0) concatenated to the first argument. Maybe it's an issue on MAC version of the dumper?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's no WUD creator. this is not possible to convert files and folder to image file.

that's not because "you prefer" this format, that it's possible.
Loadiine use a specific format, and you have to follow the requirement.
Wii needed WBFS partition format on first release, and users preferred FAT32, but it wasn't possible ! and now it works with FAT32/NTFS, etc.
let time to its job, and maybe later (later!) you'll get what you want.
For the moment, follow the homebrew requirement, or change the requirement by adding it to the sources.

I understand. How do I run Mega Man Legacy Collection EUROPE for Citra if it is an extraction folder and no key ? That's what I wonder about.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know about Citra, if it's compatible only with wud or wux, then you'll need that format.
there's no public way to dump wud format, so if this game is only dumped for loadiine, use loadiine. if you need the wud format, wait for it to be dumped in this format, or ask citra to support extracted format. this has nothing to do with ddd.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about Citra, if it's compatible only with wud or wux, then you'll need that format.
there's no public way to dump wud format, so if this game is only dumped for loadiine, use loadiine. if you need the wud format, wait for it to be dumped in this format, or ask citra to support extracted format. this has nothing to do with ddd.

Stupid of me. Why did I say Citra ?! Jeez. I mean Cemu. Sorry for the confusion!:blush::cry:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that's the same.
citra or Cemu or loadiine, or whatever program name you want. you need to comply to their requirements. there are probably a reason why it's working like that, and until another format is supported, it's up to you to get your game in the corresponding format. there's no wud creator, only an extractor. if there's no wud, you need to wait for a dump in that format.

Reactions: spotanjo3

Finearel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok so thank you to everyone that helped me, it worked! I just wanted to wait with my answer till the dump was completed so yeah thanks a lot to everyone you guys are really helpful friendly and patient :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
what did you do to fix your problem ?
just changing the working directory ? (that was the last suggestion from maschell)

I mentionned in the first post to browse to the program folder, but I should add the "cd" command line to explain how to do it.
Can you tell if your "command line window" has a named ? on Linux it's "terminal"

Edit:
I updated the first post to add the "cd <path>" command line before launching the server.
let me know if something is wrong or need an update.
I could add pictures but I want to keep it the shortest possible.

Failrunner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to dump my games and it's starts out fine. Then the game boots after being frozen on the splash screen. That's after dumping the save and it just stops dumping completely no matter what game I choose. I have an all digital library if that means anything.

Last edited by Failrunner,

Aquosking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid of me. Why did I say Citra ?! Jeez. I mean Cemu. Sorry for the confusion!:blush::cry:

The games can indeed be run on Cemu. The .rpx file in the directory /vol/code can be given to Cemu and, so long as the rest of the game files are in their place, the emulator will run the game, no key required. If it doesn't work, then either the problem is with your dump, or Cemu simply can't emulate that game. I don't know if you already found this out by now.

EDIT: You might actually need keys. I was able to get my copy of Super Mario Maker running without one, and Wind Waker HD ran, admittedly with some graphical hiccups. Get the keys anyway if you can.

Last edited by Aquosking,
Reactions: spotanjo3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol