Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why a lot of people are writing the "usage text" instead of replacing the arguments?
How could I improve the first post?
I'll add what you just wrote, I hope it will help.

edit: I added it in RED, hope it helps.

Reactions: OatmealDome

Brecert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to dump Smash Bros on 5.5.1.
The OP doesn't say that this is compatible with 5.5.1, but the latest release on Github says that support was added for 5.5.x.

I'm having a problem. Smash Bros doesn't pause on the logo after I launch ddd, set my ip, press X, and launch the game. The game proceeds normally.

On ddd, I set the ip to 192.168.1.22. That's what ipconfig gave me by IPv4 Address under Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi.

Here's the full command line output:
Code:
C:\Users\admin\Downloads\dump>titledumper.exe WiiU_dump_path base_output_path
Title Dumper by Dimok
Waiting for WiiU connection... (press Ctrl+C to stop)
Client 0 connected
Create path: base_output_pathWiiU_dump_path

Client 0 connected only appears after I launch Smash.

I may not even be able to figure out how to use ddd, but I know the OP says...
Ah thank You. Although I did dump the system menu... That was pretty easy.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why a lot of people are writing the "usage text" instead of replacing the arguments?
How could I improve the first post?
I'll add what you just wrote, I hope it will help.

edit: I added it in RED, hope it helps.

People use the command as is because it's in a code block, and you say 'use this command'.

You can avoid confusion by using the somewhat customary syntax characters <>[] and usage formatting (see docopt.org), by explaining the arguments immediately after the syntax, and/or by limiting code block usage to examples which could be copied verbatim (or used with minor changes.)

Consider:
titledumper.exe <dump_path_on_wiiu> <output_path_on_pc>
vs.
titledumper.exe WiiU_dump_path base_output_path

The former is easier to understand, especially if it's immediately followed by an example which makes it clear that the <> characters are not included.

Another way to express syntax is to use bold and italics to define the syntax, then optionally follow with explanatory text or a code block of a working example.

For example:
Open a command prompt in the TitleDumper folder and enter: titledumper.exe dump_path_on_wiiu output_path_on_pc, where dump_path_on_wiiu is /VOL or a subdirectory thereof (see below) and output_path_on_pc is an existing directory in which to store the dumped files.

When stated that way, the reader is much less likely to have stopped reading before they become aware that the arguments are not literal.

Reactions: Cyan

steven szakiel

Trophies
XP
Country
I was hoping someone can help me. I have a wii u 5.5.1 and i have successfully used loadiine. I have successfully used ddd 0.3 to dump my game, ddd 0.1 and 0.2 dont work for me. I put game on sd card where games go and i see the album and cover art on screen. I go to play and black screen crash. Game is splatoon 2 GB with the three folders needed. Can anyone help me fix my problem getting my dumped game work on loadiine?

Last edited by steven szakiel,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I updated the first post again.
I used your command line argument instead of the default.
in the program, when launched without argument it was "WiiU_dump_path" and that why I used that, but your version is easier to understand "dump_path_on_wiiu" is more explicit.

Reactions: nexusmtz

fishy7798

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please help me? I have been trying to dump smash wii u, but whenever it gets to about 800 mb on dt00, it crashes. can someone please help me fix it? Is it random chance that it will work?

Last edited by fishy7798,

slash8789

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anybody been able to get a successful working dump of Mario Kart 8 and if so, how did you do it? I can't figure it out. I have dumped 11 games and they all work fine. Mario Kart 8 is the only one I simply cannot get to work. What am I doing wrong?

What folder structure do I need?
What settings must I have?

Ugh!!! I have searched and searched but, no solutions. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I can't get it to work in Loadiine I mean. ddd dumps the game just fine.

Last edited by slash8789,

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Has anybody been able to get a successful working dump of Mario Kart 8 and if so, how did you do it? I can't figure it out. I have dumped 11 games and they all work fine. Mario Kart 8 is the only one I simply cannot get to work. What am I doing wrong?

What folder structure do I need?
What settings must I have?

Ugh!!! I have searched and searched but, no solutions. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I can't get it to work in Loadiine I mean. ddd dumps the game just fine.
Try SSB mode. Since you dumped the game from your console, that means it will already have the update installed on it, so you MUST use SSB mode in order for it to work.

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Can I use SSB mode even if I don't have the SSB game disc?
If you have the E-Shop version installed. You have to have a bought copy of SSB, whether it is the disc or E-shop version. But unless you get SSB, you can never use that dump. The only option is to use a "backup" of Mario Kart 8 that has no updates installed, can't really discuss on here how you would do that, use Google, but that means you can never use the DLC or updated version on Loadiine. It may also work in one of the other two modes, Art Academy or Karaoke, but as with SSB, you would have to own the original game. I only know it works with SSB though, I do not own the other two games to test.

slash8789

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have the E-Shop version installed. You have to have a bought copy of SSB, whether it is the disc or E-shop version. But unless you get SSB, you can never use that dump. The only option is to use a "backup" of Mario Kart 8 that has no updates installed, can't really discuss on here how you would do that, use Google, but that means you can never use the DLC or updated version on Loadiine. It may also work in one of the other two modes, Art Academy or Karaoke, but as with SSB, you would have to own the original game. I only know it works with SSB though, I do not own the other two games to test.

Ah, I understand now. Thank you. I guess I will have to purchase SSB. Just to clarify, it is SSB4 a.k.a SSB for Wii U, correct?

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I understand now. Thank you. I guess I will have to purchase SSB. Just to clarify, it is SSB4 a.k.a SSB for Wii U, correct?
That is correct, but make sure to buy the E-Shop version, or it's pointless, since you would have to use the disc each time you played the backup, which would defeat the purpose of using Loadiine.

Chronoexe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, today I was trying to dump my Euro copy of Fatal frame 5 in an american Wii U something strange happened and now I can play the game from the disc without region lock.

I followed all the steps but made a mistake and input the wrong ip then the screen went white and the game started, I played the prologue and the first chapter without problems.
I don't know if DDD is still trying to dump the game in background or it just crash.
is this known? because I read that the only way to play imports is dumping the game and play it in Loadiine GX2.

jse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Special method to dump the /vol/meta folder
If you want to dump the /vol/meta folder then the method is different based on the launched title type.

Titles installed on the WiiU system memory (NAND):
1. After you launched the title, press the Home button
2. Exit to the system menu
3. Wait 30 seconds on the system menu, until all files are dumped. The dump will start about 15 seconds after the system menu is loaded.

This is not working for me on 5.5.1e can dump all vc and eshop stuff fine but hitting home, and exiting to wiiu menu it does not then dump the meta folder
no matter how long a wait. Is there some other way to dump the meta folder?
XhlvHI8.jpg

Last edited by jse,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you typed "/meta" instead of "/vol/meta", so the homebrew is not finding the folder on the Wii disc.
The titledumper creates your "u:/meta" but nothing is transferred nor connected because there's nothing to transfer.

Reactions: jse

Hiberi

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay so I have a problem , and I don't know how to fix it.
I'm trying to dump Smash 4 , but ddd just doesn't connect to my Wii u.

I went to loadiine on my Wii u , chose Homebrew launcher illuminati , and then select ddd installer or something, then I put my IPV4 address correctly.
Then , I downloaded the ddd thingy and created a bat file with the code titledumper.exe /vol Smash.
And then I start dump.bat and then Smash 4. And then nothing happens , Smash just launches normally and the ddd doesn't do anything. Help?

ityt

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey!

When I try to execute the titledumper within Xubuntu it doesn't work :(
Here's the log:

tierce@tierce-NF110-NF210-NF310:~/Dump# . titledumper /vol /Smash
bash: .: titledumper : fichier binaire impossible à lancer

~ Binary file impossible to launch.

Bruh to execute things I have to type "." instead of "./". And as you see I used "sudo su" to have full power :'(

MrMiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys... and Girls... ;-)
I had an problem with the serverIpAddress.hex and i want tell you my solution...

I put the serverIpAddress.hex into sd:/wiiu/apps/ddd/serverIpAddress.hex and wrote the ip 192.168.178.100 in it.
But if i run ddd he shows a complete other ip... not 192.168.178.100 he shows me 49.57.50.32

If you have the same problem you musst wrote the hex code coa8b264 with a hex editor.
I used Notepad++ with hex plugin.
alternate you can wrote anything in it and if you set the ip manual on ddd, ddd wrote the hex for you. If you start next time ddd you have the last ip in there...

thanks...

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys... and Girls... ;-)
I put the serverIpAddress.hex into sd:/wiiu/apps/ddd/serverIpAddress.hex and wrote the ip 192.168.178.100 in it.
But if i run ddd he shows a complete other ip... not 192.168.178.100 he shows me 49.57.50.32

The program is only going to use 4 bytes/characters of your input, because that's how long an IP address is. If your input started with "192.", It should have come up as 49.57.50.46, since that's 1,9,2,dot. 32 is space. In other words, you should have gotten the 32 only if you had spaces between your octets.

If you have the same problem you musst wrote the hex code coa8b264 with a hex editor.
I used Notepad++ with hex plugin.
alternate you can wrote anything in it and if you set the ip manual on ddd, ddd wrote the hex for you. If you start next time ddd you have the last ip in there.

Given that this file is expecting the 4-byte representation of the desired address, and that someone needs to understand how to translate their ip and enter it in the proper format (as you noted above), it's probably best to set it once with the controller and be done with it instead of trying to create it ahead of time.

Also, others should keep in mind that they need to be running ddd commit ca33ad1 or above (which was after the v0.3 release) in order for the saved IP feature to be present.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle