• Likes 53

Downside

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"titledumper.exe WiiU_dump_path base_output_path"

I mean, I'm pretty sure you're supposed to put "titledumper /vol \Smash" to actually get the program ready to dump.
It's gonna make a new folder in your local files that's titled "Smash" It's gonna contain the dump content there.

Reactions: NyaakoXD

Akzomp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure it does depend on your internet speed.

You have to make sure you put in your IP address. When you load up DDD, it should give you a different IP address that isn't yours, use your D-Pad to change the IP address to your own.

Hmm, what's your directory?
Ahhhh. Thank you so much. I would have never thought about that D-pad bit!

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, I'm pretty sure you're supposed to put "titledumper /vol \Smash" to actually get the program ready to dump.
It's gonna make a new folder in your local files that's titled "Smash" It's gonna contain the dump content there.
Oooooooh, well, it's working now thanks to you. I was also trying the GuiDDD version, but it was causing me some trouble, so I went back to cmd and copypasted what you quoted and it worked.

Reactions: Downside

Downside

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, do you know if the dump still continues even after the gamepad runs out of power?

Yea, just make sure your console doesn't turn off by itself, I heard it does that. I mean, if it does then all you need to do is resume the dump by restarting the command prompt part, and it should continue from where it left off from.

Akzomp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, just make sure your console doesn't turn off by itself, I heard it does that. I mean, if it does then all you need to do is resume the dump by restarting the command prompt part, and it should continue from where it left off from.
Good point. This reminded me to turn off the one hour idle shutdown thing.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

A'ight. It is dumping!

Question: Where is the dump being saved to. Is it the folder titledumper.exe is in?

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 330
Reactions: Downside

EstPC13

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Okay, I've tried everything I could. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? This is exactly what I'm doing:
1. Open XAMPP and start Apache
2. Put "wiiu" folder on SD Card (SD:/wiiu/apps/ and then I have homebrew_launcher and ddd.
3. Put SD Card in Wii U
4. Go to folder where Titledumper is located (C:/TITLEDUMPER/titledumper)
5. Hold shift = right click, then click "Open command window here"
6. Type in "titledumper /vol \Smash" and hit enter
7. ddd thing loads as it should
8. Go to Wii U
9. Open "DDDKernel" bookmark (http://192.168.xxx.xxx/dddkernel/blarg.php)
10. (insert X-Files theme here)
11. Go back into Internet Browser, open DDD bookmark (http://192.168.xxx.xxx/ddd/blarg.php)
12. Configure my IP (I am 100% sure it is right)
13. Press X, go back to Wii U Menu
14. Launch Smash

..and nothing happens! No connection from titledumper on my PC or anything.. help!!
Make sure you put your IPv4 instead of the other one

SmashSplatMaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Make sure you put your IPv4 instead of the other one
Okay, so while my files were decrypting, I had to step out for a moment.
When I came back, my wii u turned off and when I tried to continue duping the files, it gave me this error.

"Client 1 connectedb loaded with 754.825 kb/s
Unknown TAG 00000000"

Anybody knows how I can continue? or do I have to reset?

Please, tell me how you fixed it! I have the same problem

KuroYuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'll just assume that it's some kind of bug for now. I'll see what I can do to fix it when I get home tommorow.
Hey, I'm having the same problem. The disk stops running and the command prompt crashes when the file with the dt00, dt01 reaches 4gb. dt00 was completed and it crashed when dt01 was at 170,980 kb. Any ideas/fixes?

Ratatattat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I searched but did not find an answer to this question. Has anyone sucessfully dumped Assasins Creed III with the latest version of DDD. I get about 1.6 GB and the a message some data failed and then the shell shows a 0 file error. This is with a good disc I use daily. I have dumped other games via DDD.

Last edited by Ratatattat,

KuroYuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 5.5.1 and am trying to dump my smash 4 disk. dt00 and all the previous files were completed but for some reason the transfer stops a few seconds after dt01 starts. The disk stops spinning and the read kb stop increasing. I've looked through the thread and didn't find any solutions. Any ideas?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Cyan

Is it part of the limitation of this program to extract title.tik from a game disc? if yes, is there any other program that does that?
ddd doesn't mount the disc and read files from it, it mounts the symbolic links which the consoles creates.
/vol/ contains the folder that the game needs to access, it's a mix of both disc and update. if you installed updates, ddd will dump them at the same time as it's part of /vol/.

I don't think there's access to the ticket, and it's not a restriction of ddd. it's more like a protection from nintendo to prevent access to more folders than needed at a given time.
Crediar said the "/system/0x/" folders are NOT part of the disc's folder architecture, he created their names to store the ticket info inside, but I don't know how to access that data from the console. it's not a folder or a file, it's maybe raw data extracted from the wud. The tickets are probably stored in a folder (like the Wii), but it's probably restricted unless we have IOS access.

I'm not 100% sure of what I said, it's just supposition based on what I know. Someone with more knowledge can confirm or refute.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's always worth a shot