)
it is rarely updated by someone "William Theaker" so thanks go to him
smile.gif

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know what the three downloaded cards do, at least?

EDIT: Found Dracoaves:

Dracoaves
extra neutral dragon
ST 40 HP 30
80G + card
no armor
first strike : makes a ST=40 scroll attack when not using an item : HP + (current round #) in battle

...that's insane.

EDIT:

All the download cards are listed with their effects (in Japanese) here.

Just based on auto-translations, I believe Theosophy casts 'land protection' on every land of rank 3 or less.

Arcanum is an item that turns a monster's normal attack into a "scroll attack" with the same ST, while also boosting your HP by 5 times the number of lands that... some Cepter controls. You or your opponent? Dunno. Oh, and it can't be destroyed by things that destroy items in combat. I have no idea if Arcanum will critically hit when used by a monster that always scroll critically hits, like a Ninja.

ljw4702

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Where are the card texts?

I 'm Translating this game too, and I found system texts in arm9.bin.
But I cannot Find other texts... (ESPECIALLY, CARD TEXTS)

Can I ask about this?

ljw4702

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oops...
I had seen Chinese traslation...
Someone who said, "I think we should examine culdcept.dat"
But I couldn't find texts...
cry.gif

Brash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a couple of questions:
I was reading in earlier replies on this topic of Holy Word problems.. cards not performing correctly and bugging out.. this has me concerned.. that this translation project may 'influence' game play.. changing it's gameplay or bugging it. What is to keep someone from editing the rules?

1. How is it possible that simply changing text affected these cards before?

2. Does that mean we can be playing unknowingly a game that isn't calculating things correctly for an accurate experience of what the original developers intended?

3. Can patched players match up via wifi to other players that do not carry the same patch to play against eachother? Can we play against people with the original unpatched cart without a problem? Like desyncing?

otherwise, i love the idea of having this in english.. i'm just worried of other things getting changed that shouldn't be.

chexxor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I just wanted to let you guys know that I would like to help you translate the game.
I have never played the game before nor have any interest in playing it, sorry. But I have living in Japan right now and have been studying Japanese for about two years now and would like to volunteer some free time.

I have done a few lines (50-60) in the "story" link, and I am worried right now about my translations being to long. I really don't want to have to worry about going over character limits. Is there some easy way to take care of this? Or would someone want to just go after new translations and make sure they are the right length? Japanese is hard to translate, it often gets more wordy as you bring it into English.

Some questions:
Where do you need translations the most?
Can you put like a bar graph of translation remaining? (Not essential, but I need motivation :-P )
The above explained question about character numbers and such.

amishsexy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theli said:
btw, in case WilliamTheaker reads this i would like to thank him - he is the only reason this translation is still slowly progressing
smile.gif

That's me thanks!
biggrin.gif
I'm no longer the only one working on the translation though. From what I've seen so far, chexxor and Bandle are doing excellent work.
QUOTE(chexxor @ Jul 3 2009, 07:05 AM) I have done a few lines (50-60) in the "story" link, and I am worried right now about my translations being to long. I really don't want to have to worry about going over character limits. Is there some easy way to take care of this? Or would someone want to just go after new translations and make sure they are the right length? Japanese is hard to translate, it often gets more wordy as you bring it into English.

Some questions:
Where do you need translations the most?
Can you put like a bar graph of translation remaining? (Not essential, but I need motivation :-P )
The above explained question about character numbers and such.
Translations on the story script can be as long as you like, there is no character limit. The script is the most difficult to translate so it would be awesome if you could help work on that. If I may make a small request, can you go through the introduction? I had trouble translating it so there are probably a bunch of errors.

Translation update:
Tutorial: 100%
Taunts 0 (Zeneth): 79%
Help script: 97.5%
They may be 100% translated but they could still benefit from some copyediting and spell checking.

Any update on getting crest and medal data?

chexxor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, no character limit, cool. I'll keep working on the storyline then. I have some busy days ahead of me with finals and some vacations, but I'll get some time in here and there.

I looked at the intro for you, and you were right, it did seem a little off from what the Japanese was trying to say. I changed it, so you can take a look at the diff and see if you disagree. It seems to flow a little better now and makes more sense with the rest of the story, so we have a solid base to work from now if you want to go back through my translations and streamline it.

I just did quick translations, so it is probably really unnatural-sounding English. If there are big trouble spots, point them out and we can look at them again.
Also, I did the latter part of the story without playing the game and seeing the characters. This made the characters in my later translations seem rather shallow and inconsistent. Keep an eye out for opportunities to made the characters more consistent in goals, personality, phrases/wording of things.

Nice to work with you, it sucks working alone on a project like this. :-)

And yeah, I agree. What is the status on the Crest and Medal data?

Krobelus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm really impressed by the progress and speed. I never played Culdcept at all, but me and my friend decided that once the translation is complete, we'd give it a go. From what we've heard it's like a mix between Monopoly and Magic the Gathering, which sounds very interesting. I can't wait. You guys are doing a great job, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

-Krobelus

Bandle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thought I'd pop in to say that I'm checking the thread too. My Japanese skills aren't great, especially when it comes to kanji, so I've been mostly sticking to error checking and simple stuff.

Nice to be working with you guys.
smile.gif

chexxor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for helping Bandle, the more the merrier.
smile.gif
I checked a few of the fixes you have been doing, and they look pretty good, heading in a positive direction. Another way you can help would be to actually grab the latest changes, patch them into the game, and see if they make sense contextually with the pictures, character personalities and expressions, etc.

Also, I added a little bout on the history of the "-dono" suffix to the Talk:Story page, might be interesting to read.

Update on Story progress: I read from 0 up through 70-ish, and it looks and sounds pretty solid. Of course it's fine to still change it, but at least we have a solid foundation to work from. Nice work all.
yay.gif
Later, I'll work on adding some more rough translations for us to work on starting from 130.

Edit: I can't download the WIP patch. Did the compile break? http://culdcept.referata.com/wiki/WIP_Patch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo