FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It seems the original app was built using visual studio 2003 with MFC (Microsoft Foundation Classes) as well.
Since then a lot of functions have been "deprecated" making compiling a nuisance. My knowledge of C? is somewhat less than passable so I am out it seems, I tried with 2005 and MFC (which I think I installed wrongly).
I might try contacting the author with a translated version and seeing what can be done.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I will try and have the resource file sorted by the end of the weekend (I got sidetracked and only did another few sections from my last post), I also noticed a "bug" in the THUMB sections of the disassembler (the "-1" flag appears to get taken from the offset in the displayed disassembly) but I think it would be better just getting it compiled before messing around with fixes.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
good thing the author released the code as he use seems to have taken code from desmume which is gpl meaning this tool now falls under the gpl. Ohh and i also found agbcomp.exe in it stored as a bin file which iirc is a tool from the official gba sdk which would make this tool illegal.

speaking of bug fixing, one thing I've noticed is that sound about when you play stuff from sdat files is horribly wrong, not sure whats causing it but it sound horrible.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In all truth I have not done much more. A lot of the sections are repeated in part as well which in some ways is nice but I have the choice of different translations or having to weed out the "junk" if I copy and paste.

Here is what I have done though:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5ppijd

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ok, I've translated a few of the menues so its slightly more usable now, i'll edit this post soon with a download link for anyone wanting to give it ago

EDIT: heres that download link. Make sure to post any bug reports so i can get them fixed also report any miss translations or better yet provide me with a better translation to save me some time.

klasa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You know, since the source was released there has been a lot of change in the GUI, downlaod the binary again to see what I mean. I've tried editing it with various resource editors (after decompressing it), but all of them make the programm crash. I can see the menu-bar is changed, but before you can actually do anything it crashes... Maybe someone here can ask for the source of the latest version?

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm compiling using the latest code from the homepage which should include all the fixes stated on the official forum. I'm coping FAST6191's translation with a few fixes and translating some myself into the latest resource file.

klasa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The latest source code is from 15-07, and the latest release is from 2 September. It may be the latest source code release , but it definitely isn't the code from the latest release...

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
If he hasnt released the latest code he is in breach of the GPL as crystaltile uses code from DeSmuME to disassemble asm, we really need a chinese speaker to tell him to release the latest code

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Of course, his latest source code release could reflect all the changes made to GPL'd sources; it'd be simpler/better off in the long run to offer translations to the original author instead of potential animosity/misunderstandings, no? (aka: offer co-operation wrather than demands; show appreciation wrather than negativity)

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I wasn't intending to sound like i was demanding anything i was just saying that seeing as how he uses GPL'd code he is legally bound to release the source with each version of the program linked with GPL code.

I would try and contact the author but sadly i dont know any chinese and web translations would probably just confuse him.

klasa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
And yesterday another version has been released...
Maybve we could ask the author to make the program check if there is a resource file (no script because most button dimensions have to be changed) in the same directory, with every dialog and text translated...
That would mean creating other language versions will also be easier.

Hiei-YYH

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.codemasters-project.net
XP
Country
link that normatt posted is down
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat