ROM Hack crystaltile2

1c3d3m0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Is there a translation group or something? I think that the translation will be faster in a group. I will be willing to help out if there is a need. Web translator can sometimes translate crap
tongue.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks dude
smile.gif

Hm, just a question. Maybe this is a bit offtopic but I don't want to create a new thread for it.
I stumble over that a few days ago: http://down.tgbus.com/soft/20346.shtml
It contains a tool that lets you customize MHP2G (PSP game). So far, so good, I have other tools I am more used to for text editing the game. So I am interested in the image editing, but it says:

?????????????????????CrystalTile?????

But if I open it in CrystalTile ("images" are ft_00017de.bin and jt_00017de.bin) I only get the plain hex view :/
I have been googling for hours, but didn't find any solution... can you help me?

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have been playing the recent monster hunting game but not the others, still when you are in crystaltile2 you have several "windows" available to you (tile viewing, hex, ASM and text). To change between them you have to click on the icons, I am too lazy to sort out a new screenshot right now so an old one will have to do (the icons have changed slightly in the subsequent versions):

See the depressed icons at the top of the app; those are used to change it.
I am not sure what image format, if any, the PSP uses but you change that in the left hand column.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Guild McCommunist as of a few versions back cory1492 and apparently I put to together a translation, it works in an odd way in that you have to have a .lng file with the same number as the lanuage codepage in windows. Cory1492 is in Canada and I am in the UK so the US table (which is different to both) is not in the archive. Scroll down to some of the later posts from myself and cory1492 over on this thread:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=131...t=0&start=0

Hex editors: no doubt there are those with more features but the range of tables inbuilt (rarely do I see shiftJIS inbuilt to a hex editor much less actual 16 bit table support- it was there the first time I used it). Also coloured text for given bytes is always a welcome.

Back on topic it is not palette or zoom grade that you want but image format, I am not sure what the PSP uses but I imagine it is inbuilt into crystaltile2 or they would not have suggested it.

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, thats what I am thinking as well.
Hum, all those images have .TMH.014 at the beginning, so I will just call them TMH files.
I have been browsing the webs for a converter and stumbled over tmh2bmp and even bmp2tmh! But fail: the author took them down :/

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm can't seem to find a mirror/similar of the tools or even format info and the wayback machine failed me (well it was updated a few weeks before the tools hit so I can not even glean an archive name).

Maybe it is worth getting in contact with the authors of the translation patch; I know if I hack a game (especially intending to translate it) and someone later makes or has made info/tools I will usually grab it. Also maybe an idea to try and contact someone from http://forums.minegarde.com/index.php?showtopic=8253 (I assume this is where you saw it first mentioned, I see a few people have sites on that thread as well which could spare you joining a forum)

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Ok, so far so good. Picked up the tmh a few days ago and a guy told me they are GIMs just with a custom header oO
Here are example files: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4zm4dha3dmf (Just ignore everything else than the tmh)
I took a look into them and found out that the first 8 bytes are always .TMH.014 and the 9th byte is maybe the amount of images. I also found out the width and height with which I was able to get this in CrystalTile:
2uglyfn.jpg

flammabubble

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, this is where I'm a complete dumbass, but, I have an english language file for crystaltile, but it's still in chinese characters, HOW DO I SWAP IT OVER! lmao, I don't need it translated, I just need to know how to install the language so it's the default haha

SecretChao428

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another thing I want to point out is why Crystal Tile's latest version is not able to run on Windows 2000 SP4, unless there is a compatablity change I was not aware of, because I know my backup OS on CD called Bart PE/Win PE can load Crystal Tile, but not 2000 SP4?

And if I get no response, then that means I am breaking the rules on here and well in this case would have to be questionable if it is a compatablity issue or using an OS that no one likes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto