1. FAST6191

OP FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    The main problem with translation is the fact it uses a lot of technical terms, I will try and sort a translation though if mag2005 can build it.

@mag2005 what do you have installed to build it, I could never get it built (2k5 and an older MFC was what I had)

@ksonic1055 it is a pretty much and all in one tool:
    a disassembler (ARM7/9 with THUMB) is in there
    a hex editor including table support and numerous character sets most other editors deem too obscure.
    a tile editor, one of the better ones that I have seen: tile ordering, mirroring, unusual size tiles (good for fonts), numerous systems supported.
    decompression GBALZ as far as I can see but very nice.
    DS file system parsing, including sub files such as sdat, NARC and many of the standard graphics files (nsmbda and such). Especially useful as palettes (which can be grabbed) are often not in the graphics files and most editors do not agree with this.
    emulator launching.
    text functions, viewing and editing quite nicely, Could perhaps be taken care of slightly easier with some other tools but still.
    list continues.

2. mag2005

mag2005 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I use Visual Studio 2005, it's updated thought. When I first run the project, it updated the old project for me. When I built it, it had minor error with unidentified variables that was easily fixed. Editing everything in the CrystalTile2.rc is a pain.

I have partially edited the RC file, some translation might be off. You can edit the RC in notepad too but you have to change system language. If someone can edit the whole RC file, I might be able to recompile the program.

Partially translated CrystalTile2 and resource file

3. ksonic1055

ksonic1055 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    well i would like this to get done so i will edit *some* of it.

is it possible to open it with microsoft word? i tried and it seemed to open perfectly. also, i am not familiar with the programming language, for i am just starting out. i assume its the Chinese in the " ". Is there a certain length of characters that i have to use and why is there a & placed within the text in random places?

4. mag2005

mag2005 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    & is use to underline a letter. It's use for shortcut key.

5. ksonic1055

ksonic1055 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So should i use word? or notepad?

6. gordillo

gordillo GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    the CrystalTile2 that comes here doesnt work when i downloaded it why?

7. ksonic1055

ksonic1055 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I did a ton more translation. nearly all of it i think...

Im not sure what to save it as so i will try a plain txt doc.

8. Dirtie

Dirtie :'D
    Former Staff

New Zealand
    Wow, it really looks like a very useful application (did you say shift-JIS support [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] ?)

A translation would indeed be handy [​IMG]

9. FAST6191

OP FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Indeed there is shiftJIS Dirtie.

Also one partially translated rc file if you could mag2005 (or anyone else), I will continue later but it should be a start:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/aacutq

After I have seen it running I can clean it up a bit as well but betwen what Chinese I know, what rom hacking I know and what the RC says it should be good enough to begin with.

10. ksonic1055

ksonic1055 Member
    Newcomer

United States
  11. FAST6191

OP FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Cop out: whenever it is done. Seriously though I have most of the tedious stuff done (the file open is listed about 10 times with a lot of the sections being subtly different).

I may also have to redefine sizes of buttons which would be a pain if I can not just do a quick compile.

I will also say this tool is looking better and better the more I work with it.

12. ksonic1055

ksonic1055 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    lol now uve got me excited for this. Keep me updated and if i can help in any way, just let me know.

13. mag2005

mag2005 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So far I think all the menus are translated. The only problem is I don't know if the menus are translated to the correct definition. The dialogs are not translated.

Source and compiled CrystalTile2

14. FAST6191

OP FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    I can not seem to run your build above mag2005 (it is also about 3 times the size, as for an accurate translation I am halfway there (what is detailed is standard rom hacking stuff).
    Now I looked at the RC compared to the app it all pretty much makes sense, it will be late Wednesday before I can provide anything more translation wise, if I can get some info on the MS take on C I may even be able to add some more features/bugfixes.

15. mag2005

mag2005 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I've tested on Vista and it doesn't work. If this File doesn't run on your XP PC, then I don't know how to fixed it. I've already upload my source so if you have Visual Studio 2005, you can open up the project and test it out. You need Chinese language pack installed to view properly.

16. ksonic1055

ksonic1055 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have visual studio 2005...

17. klasa

klasa Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Since I've tried using this programm in Chinese (for me that means pressing random buttons...) I was really glad when I found this thread.
    But since the translated file didn't work for me, and other I guess, I wanted to try to compile it myself.

Well, since I've never really programmed before (or does drawing with Javalogo count?) I've downloaded Visual Studio 2008 (Bèta 2). With the original source I kept getting a few errors about unidentified variables (like mag2005, but I couldn't fix it). Then I found out that he also uploaded his source files. I opened them and I was able to compile that one!

So, if any of you had trouble's with mag2005's file, you could try this one: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ogo3jc

18. FAST6191

OP FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    I still get errors on opening.

19. klasa

klasa Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
  20. gordillo

gordillo GBAtemp Regular

Canada