Hacking Create emunand on vwii

LordDarkNe0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I have come across the problem that I cannot play the Japanese WiiWare mystery dungeons because the vwii is not region free, I have tried to change the region wads with showmiiwads but the screen remains black so I understand that it is not compatible.

I saw that in the original wii you could create an emunand that would load from the SD or USB, allowing you to install more things than you can originally and run everything from any region, it is assumed that with the wii u you can do something similar with sneek (I don't know if there are more alternatives).

Not only would it be good for me to change the theme of region free, but it would also have more space to install wads, which I also need.

The fact is that I have spent all day looking for tutorials all over the internet and I have not found anything. Can anybody help me?
Thank you very much, greetings.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think neek or patching ios 80 are your only alternatives. I don't know if it's black screening due to region or if it needs neek. games that require neek will black screen, yes.

Reactions: Alexander1970

LordDarkNe0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

mive

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
why would you need to do that?

- you use the neek emunand for jp games and to play them you boot nswitch to switch to jp emunand
- for us/eu games you use either regular vwii system nand or emunand created by usb loader gx (some neo geo stuff or konami rebirth games wont work on emunand, for them you use either regular system nand or you use japanese version installed on neek emunand or eu/us version set to regionfree installed on neek emunand [note: some us games set to regionfree dont exit properly and are stuck on black screen on exit. if some title doesn't show a title name in the system menu it may be affected by this issue. to avoid this use either jp versions or try with eu one])

LordDarkNe0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just wanted to make a forwader in the wii u system menu to the pokemon mystery dungeon japanese english-translated wad which co-exist with the another wad forwaders to pal backups that I have installed

mive

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
maybe a litte more convenient:
use hbl2hbc to boot from WiiU mode into vWii homebrew channel, then start nswitch and your game afterwards

Other than that I dont know a better way to boot your wad (on neek nand), sorry.

But did you try creating a emunand via e.g. usbloader gx as I dont see this mentioned in the first post ?
maybe you can skip the whole sneek stuff (edit; but I doubt it will work as the game dont work on regular nand)

- boot vwii
- start usbloader gx
- settings > features > create emunand
- afterwards: settings > features > install wad to emunand

edit:
completely forgot:
there is also wad2bin for installing wads to sd card, maybe that would be also a alternative (but I've never tried it yet so cant say anything about it)
https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/wad2bin

Last edited by mive,

LordDarkNe0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
maybe a litte more convenient:
use hbl2hbc to boot from WiiU mode into vWii homebrew channel, then start nswitch and your game afterwards

Other than that I dont know a better way to boot your wad (on neek nand), sorry.

But did you try creating a emunand via e.g. usbloader gx as I dont see this mentioned in the first post ?
maybe you can skip the whole sneek stuff (edit; but I doubt it will work as the game dont work on regular nand)

- boot vwii
- start usbloader gx
- settings > features > create emunand
- afterwards: settings > features > install wad to emunand

edit:
completely forgot:
there is also wad2bin for installing wads to sd card, maybe that would be also a alternative (but I've never tried it yet so cant say anything about it)
https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/wad2bin
https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf...hUKEwjmvcj8hq3vAhVXA2MBHckzAVYQ4dUDCA0&uact=5
What is nswitch? :o

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1