How to change region of vWii?

KelSolaar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I have a PAL Wii U. As you know the European Wii U’s have this stupid bug that doesn’t allow to games run in progressive scan when running vWii.
Is there a way to change the region of vWii? Maybe that would require to flash the firmware of vWii?

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

KelSolaar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

I did follow that guide and changed the region to NTSC but its still locked to interlaced mode. It doesnt seem to bypass the interlaced issue.
I even changed the region to US under the "Area". But it still remains interlaced mode.
I then went on downloaded SettingsGUI, an application that lets you change system settings in vWii. I changed the video output to 480p but it refuses to change to progressive mode.
This got me thinking. Is the "bug" that forces PAL Wii U consoles to load vWii in Wii U's own software? Because changing region for vWii doesn't seem to have any effect. Surely I can't be the only one that experienced this.

Last edited by KelSolaar,

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did follow that guide and changed the region to NTSC but its still locked to interlaced mode. It doesnt seem to bypass the interlaced issue.
I even changed the region to US under the "Area". But it still remains interlaced mode.
I then went on downloaded SettingsGUI, an application that lets you change system settings in vWii. I changed the video output to 480p but it refuses to change to progressive mode.
This got me thinking. Is the "bug" that forces PAL Wii U consoles to load vWii in Wii U's own software? Because changing region for vWii doesn't seem to have any effect. Surely I can't be the only one that experienced this.
You might have to do a full region change on the Wii U if that's the case as I'm not sure if there would be any other way around it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The switch was about 350 in 2017