• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
they told me as long as you have never had anaphylaxis it's fine, but they will watch you for 30 minutes afterwards to make sure you don't have a reaction.

Use of an epi-pen ever is gonna mean no mRNA vaccine for you.

Regardless the traditional vaccine should be approved soon so if you want that you should be able to get it.

I already got anaphylaxis + yep I use an epipen unfortunately, most of my allergy are severe but I will ask about my situation when the time will come. I have some people at risk in my family and obviously don't want to pick any chance with them but after all I don't want to be in a terrible situation after the shot either

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought that vaccine creation takes more then a decade. This vaccines only took months to develop. There has to be some corners being cut here.
Despite the FDA saying that it is safe, makes me wonder if this vaccination actually have some hidden and/or unforeseen dangers to it?
How viable is this vaccination? How long does it last?

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought that vaccine creation takes more then a decade. This vaccines only took months to develop. There has to be some corners being cut here.
Despite the FDA saying that it is safe, makes me wonder if this vaccination actually have some hidden and/or unforeseen dangers to it?
How viable is this vaccination? How long does it last?
Yeah it's true of course we don't know all of the long term complications that could come from the vaccine. And we don't have the answers to your other questions either.

The question arises tho, what are the unforeseen circumstances of contracting COVID itself? We also don't know.

There are pros and cons and you have to decide for yourself which you are more comfortable with.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Here in Austria it happens,what everyone feared - the Government spreads Fear and Panic on us "Vaccine Refusers"...
First we where getting "marked" with FFP2 Masks (because of not tested with completely unneccessary expensive buyed false indicating Tests).
And then we will be 1 Week longer locked at Home than Peple who I had this senseless Test...

Next Step: Forced vaccination

That is the correct and best Way,to get the (Refuser) People docile for Vaccination.:)
(of course,sarcastic meant...)

Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: tabzer and susi91
D

Deleted User

If you live in a country which has the coronavirus situation under control then you have the luxury for waiting for more information. If you don't, then you're far better off taking your chances with the vaccine than with long-covid. While we can't outrule the possibility of longterm side effects to the vaccine, they seem very unlikely at this point. I will get vaccinated when the vaccine is available in Australia.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am going to get it as soon as it becomes more available in my area. I am someone who's overall health is at risk if I catch Covid, so I kind of see protecting myself as a top priority.

D

Deleted User

so much for the vaccine the virus has mutated now into a new strain. if it gets out of Britain we are all fucked now :creep:
Well, it is already out in europe. The mutated strain was first discovered in september.

Zach9o9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no point making the vaccine mandatory when there's not enough doses available for those who want one.

I mean, benefit of the doubt. Considering the Anti-Vax movement not exactly helping the cause, issuing a mandatory Vaccination would allow a chance for the world to resume its pre-COVID state sooner. While the initial supply may not be enough, I'm sure that they could issue special "This person has not gotten vaccinated, but is actively working on trying to" badges/stamps/whatever, alongside putting them in a separate queue for them to allow some degree of leeway for people to get them without being forced to sacrifice their livelihoods while more work is put into making more vaccines to solve the issue.

I mean, with how quickly the world pretty much shut down due to the pandemic, we can't exactly afford to waste time with the Anti-Vax crowd. Especially with how much the world suffered without a vaccine.

"Those who fail to learn the from the past are doomed to repeat it."

TheRedfox

blep
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First of all, why dump this in a vaccine thread.

Coca cola eats stuff; you can dissolve organic material with it(see the popular dissolving teeth things etc)
These tests work with a membrane which only let the fluids pass through(and discolour the test for positives), with cole you destroy the membrane and the test will discolour.
Same for pregnancy tests like stated in the article you linked

What is your goal with posting these links here except for trolling people and failing to generate fear?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
First of all, why dump this in a vaccine thread.

I see fight or flight responses kicked up in this thread. It's a little off tangent, but it's also somewhat on topic.

Coca cola eats stuff; you can dissolve organic material with it(see the popular dissolving teeth things etc)
These tests work with a membrane which only let the fluids pass through(and discolour the test for positives), with cole you destroy the membrane and the test will discolour.
Same for pregnancy tests like stated in the article you linked

It is interesting and amusing; especially considering that it is already commonly known that the test yields a lot of false positives.

What is your goal with posting these links here except for trolling people and failing to generate fear?

Soft trolling I guess. It's intention is more for relief imo. I'm not saying you should not get a vaccine, but a fear, frustration, and isolation can hinder your immune system's response.

susi91

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No,I also do not want Flu Vaccines.
My still intact Immune System is too valuable for me to be destroyed by certain Chemicals / Poisons and Viruses = Vaccines.

If People want it,of course,please,they should get it,please.:)

Me too :P

I thought my whole life that the Flu is almost a joke, never heard about a single (proven) case of illness around me ;)
Two years ago, in February, I caught the flu, influenca A diagnosed by a clinic test... Some days later my whole family ill. Ofc same diagnosis, proved by a test at the local clinic. That was the shittiest illness in my life (as of today, lol), I took a lot of ibuprofen every day against the fever, I guess at least for two weeks. After two months still coughing... A year later I took the flu vaccine, thought that can't be worse than a lot of ibuprofen :P Another year later, I skipped the flu vaccine, there are some people out there, they need it more...

I voted no, I think I'll skip the covid vaccine, lets see what happens ;)

Last edited by susi91,
Reactions: Alexander1970
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/o4zjzHyB-I0?si=U77XLBb-jVVqtWXz +2