• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
There's no evidence of widespread misreporting with regard to COVID-19 deaths. As of this post, approximately 310,000 Americans have died from COVID-19.

"For 6% of [coronavirus disease 2019] deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19 [94%], on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death." -CDC

A lot of articles on the subject reference CDC's "excess death". Counts of deaths from all causes of death, including COVID-19, are presented.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

Last edited by tabzer,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"For 6% of [coronavirus disease 2019] deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19 [94%], on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death." -CDC

A lot of articles on the subject reference CDC's "excess death". Counts of deaths from all causes of death, including COVID-19, are presented.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm
A person having comorbidities doesn't mean COVID-19 didn't kill the person. Step up your game.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not eager to get it right away myself.
Already type 1 diabetic that's kicked my ass & am abnormally tired as I type this and trying to stay awake, not in a rush to play guinea pig on this new vaccine & I don't get flu ones either but still here (29 w/o proper flu since a child). I'll get it if itl give me a major, long standing energy boost but it's fantasy to hope it would do that because it won't.
I like going to wrestling shows so hope there is no discrimination against those who haven't had it.
If half the country gets it and the other half don't, what's the problem? Half that wanted it are protected & those unsure (myself) have no right to treatment of virus related issues. That simple.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
A person having comorbidities doesn't mean COVID-19 didn't kill the person. Step up your game.

The data is supplemental to give more understanding behind the hysteria inducing claim "approximately 310,000 Americans have died from COVID-19".

You can take the vaccine or not.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The data is supplemental to give more understanding behind the hysteria inducing claim "approximately 310,000 Americans have died from COVID-19".
High cholesterol is a comorbidity. Obesity is a comorbidity. Sickle cell anemia is a comorbidity. Being a smoker is a comorbidity. 310,000 Americans are dead from COVID-19. Grow up.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ehhh... I'm a key worker, so if my boss tells me I've got to take it, then I will (I'm not fukkin paying for it though! :lol:) Likewise if my local GP tells me he's got one for me, fair do's...
As for worries, well if an aborted babby's yed starts sprouting out of my belly, then Bill Gates can afford to pay for the treatment can't he, etc etc...

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... really?
isn't more likely that she felt pressure, nervous and anxiety being interviewed by the News, most people get stage fright. (look for all the Youtube videos of people fainting or throwing up while being interviewed) .. Vaccines reaction tend to take a while before showing signs... like redness, sore, bruising. and bad cases of flu like systems usually take around several hours to 48hours to show up.

If I was in front of the camera, I'd be doing my best to not collapse. The fact that she did, and after taking the vaccine, no less, is cause for concern in relation to the vaccine unless other information that could contribute to someone passing out like she did comes out that makes the cause of said collapse to be more hazy.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Your own source supports my previous statement. I suggest checking your own list of comorbidities and cross referencing it with the ICD-10 codes of what I listed.

Also, next time you address me, tag my username or reply directly to my message. Otherwise, there's a good chance I won't see it.

I wasn't contradicting you about comorbidities, even though you are pretty dismissive about them. I'd like to see the source you used to conclude that COVID-19 has killed 310,000 people. Sounds a little sensational a bit misleading.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I was in front of the camera, I'd be doing my best to not collapse. The fact that she did, and after taking the vaccine, no less, is cause for concern in relation to the vaccine unless other information that could contribute to someone passing out like she did comes out that makes the cause of said collapse to be more hazy.
there is not way to know how you will react in front of a Camera unless you already been. by your logic all these people ( https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=people+fainting+on+live+tv) also fainted because of the Vaccine ...because if they did not then your whole logical is thrown out the window..

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is not way to know how you will react in front of a Camera unless you already been. by your logic all these people ( https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=people+fainting+on+live+tv) also fainted because of the Vaccine ...because if they did not then your whole logical is thrown out the window..

And I quote...

"unless other information that could contribute to someone passing out like she did comes out that makes the cause of said collapse to be more hazy."

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Breaking news I found proof the the Corona Vaccine cause people to faint based on youtube video of news programs from the 90s...

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
High cholesterol is a comorbidity. Obesity is a comorbidity. Sickle cell anemia is a comorbidity. Being a smoker is a comorbidity. 310,000 Americans are dead from COVID-19. Grow up.

310,000 americans died with covid, not from it. Being a chainsmoking fat mess probably contributed more to their death. I'd suggest the 99.6% survival rate of covid backs this up. Grow up.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
310,000 americans died with covid, not from it.
Approximately 310,000 Americans died as a direct result of COVID-19. Other contributing factors are irrelevant to the truthfulness of that statement.

Being a chainsmoking fat mess probably contributed more to their death.
For some people, those were contributing factors. That doesn't mean they didn't die as a direct result of COVID-19. The vast majority of people who died from COVID-19 also weren't "chain smoking fat messes."

I'd suggest the 99.6% survival rate of covid backs this up.
The survival rate of COVID-19, if we include all ages and those who are asymptomatic, is an estimated 99.0%. That means if every American were to at some point become infected with COVID-19, that would be approximately 3-4 million deaths.

I would argue the person displaying a petulant and cavalier attitude towards the loss of human life because his do-no-wrong president and political party have made COVID-19 a political issue is the person who needs to grow up.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
oh ..so its on Par with the Regular FLU vaccine and other Vaccine already in use. Thank For letting US know the Corona Vaccine is safe!

No. It's not. Not at all. It hasn't had decades of testing and refinement-and the degree of requiring medical care after getting the flu shot doesn't compare.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. It's not. Not at all. It hasn't had decades of testing and refinement-and the degree of requiring medical care after getting the flu shot doesn't compare.
no.. no were right the first time... its side effects are similar to the FLU shot

Around 2%
and Im pretty sure DR are telling people to report any symptoms at all and follow up .. because its a new shot... (I wouldn't be surprised if most were flu like symptoms that would of been dismissed if it was the Reg Flu shot but they are double checking because it was new...

THANK TABZER, you are right people are blowing the Vaccine scare out of proportion as it is just as safe as the FLU shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa https://youtu.be/BKLXOGhXrj4?si=4kXpeyCfxwL_k3qC