• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will you get the covid vaccine? And if so, which one - the RNA vaccine or the traditional one?

I'm scheduled to get the pfizer one soon. There have been very few reports of anaphylaxis so far, but it has been managed effectively with epinephrine.

What are your thoughts?

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
First of all this vaccine DOESN'T have long period of consistent clinic tests and thus there will potentially unwanted or even deadly side effects, however the 1st subjects who get vaccine are Medics, teachers and elderly, most probably we as CIVILIANS have rather wait till second wave for vaccination.

Last edited by leon315,

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.:)

No,I also do not want Flu Vaccines.
My still intact Immune System is too valuable for me to be destroyed by certain Chemicals / Poisons and Viruses = Vaccines.

If People want it,of course,please,they should get it,please.:)
Do you at least get other vaccines like for tetanus and measles?

I can understand being afraid of new vaccines, but old ones with proven safety over decades are silly to stay away from.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Do you at least get other vaccines like for tetanus and measles?

I can understand being afraid of new vaccines, but old ones with proven safety over decades are silly to stay away from.

Only no Flu and Covid19 - I am not afraid,but I have an intact Immune System (I had no Flu for over 4 Years and still no Covid/Symptoms *knock on Wood*).:)

Flu - In my Opinion senseless - If/when the Vaccine is about to "work" ,the Virus(es) are already mutated to the "next Level" so it is no effective Protection.......in my Opinion...same for Corona.:)

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only no Flu and Covid19 - I am not afraid,but I have an intact Immune System (I had no Flu for over 4 Years and still no Covid/Symptoms *knock on Wood*).:)

Flu - In my Opinion senseless - If/when the Vaccine is about to "work" ,the Virus(es) are already mutated to the "next Level" so it is no effective Protection.......in my Opinion...same for Corona.:)
The flu vaccine changes every year and its contents are determined by an educated guess as to which strains will be circulating that cycle. For that reason they don't always get it right, but it still confers a degree of protection and saves lives every year.

As for COVID there is no data showing that mutation by the virus will render the vaccines ineffective - corona viruses don't have the ability to mutate in the same way the flu does. The flu doesn't evolve naturally, rather it's simply shuffling around different components in animal hosts. So the flu is really several different viruses shuffling around their parts.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
The flu vaccine changes every year and its contents are determined by an educated guess as to which strains will be circulating that cycle. For that reason they don't always get it right, but it still confers a degree of protection and saves lives every year.

As for COVID there is no data showing that mutation by the virus will render the vaccines ineffective - corona viruses don't have the ability to mutate in the same way the flu does. The flu doesn't evolve naturally, rather it's simply shuffling around different components in animal hosts. So the flu is really several different viruses shuffling around their parts.

You have to know your "Stuff",Uncle Doctor.:yay:

But I am sorry,this is (no longer) working for me.:)

I am really glad,we have People like you to help "sick" People.:bow:
That is very,very important and is good !!!

Thank you for having all these great Guys around the World.:)

(I hope you do not get me wrong on my personal Opinion,my Friend.:))

Reactions: CORE and x65943

bodefuceta

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If it works, I don't need it because other people will take it, be immune and not transmit the virus to me.
If it doesn't work, I shouldn't take it anyway.
This way I can get all the benefits and no potential side effects.

Egotistical? Perhaps so, but I don't care about your opinion! Go and take it, my fellow cattle.

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it works, I don't need it because other people will take it, be immune and not transmit the virus to me.
If it doesn't work, I shouldn't take it anyway.
This way I can get all the benefits and no potential side effects.

Egotistical? Perhaps so, but I don't care about your opinion! Go and take it, my fellow cattle.
You will only be protected by herd immunity if enough people get the vaccine - otherwise it will still continue to spread among the unvaccinated and the 5% or so of those who are vaccinated without development of immunity.

At least in the USA about half of people say they will not get the vaccine or are unsure if they will get it. So your herd immunity plan might not work out for you.

I suspect Brazil will have its fair share of skeptics too.

bodefuceta

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You will only be protected by herd immunity if enough people get the vaccine - otherwise it will still continue to spread among the unvaccinated and the 5% or so of those who are vaccinated without development of immunity.

At least in the USA about half of people say they will not get the vaccine or are unsure if they will get it. So your herd immunity plan might not work out for you.

I suspect Brazil will have its fair share of skeptics too.
50% is more than enough for herd immunity, as the current transmission rate is definitely below 2. (though it may take a bit of time until the tranmission is completely curbed, the risk will be hugely reduced)

Last edited by bodefuceta,
Reactions: Alexander1970

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Will get it once the "guinea pigs" (yeah, that sounds harsh but considering how rushed it is that's what the first people to get it are) confirmed it works as expected without major downsides. Which one i don't know. Until there is enough available of both you won't have a choice anyway.

Last edited by ghjfdtg,

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
50% is more than enough for herd immunity, as the current transmission rate is definitely below 2. (though it may take a bit of time until the tranmission is completely curbed, the risk will be hugely reduced)
It could be 50%, it could be higher. But it will take months to vaccinate all of those people (especially in poorer countries) and in the meantime you will be vulnerable.

Reactions: IncredulousP

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't know but if prevent you from getting Covid for life then yeah... sure. i got chicken pox when i was hell i don't rember but i was not a teenager of adult when i got it. but once you get that shot for chicken pox you don't get it any more.

bodefuceta

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It could be 50%, it could be higher. But it will take months to vaccinate all of those people (especially in poorer countries) and in the meantime you will be vulnerable.
It just so happens that I am not old, fat or willing to pay for this suspicious injection. If I were to get it, I would be at the end of the queue anyway, meaning the vaccine is more likely a very unnecessary risk than anything else.

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the rundown.

If you take the vaccine, you'll still have to wear a mask.
The vaccine has a 95% success rate, while COVID has a 99% survival rate.
Facial paralysis is a side-effect of the vaccine.
Infertility is a side-effect of the vaccine. It won't affect me, but it could affect my sister.
The second dose will give you nigh-unbearable headaches for the rest of the day.
You can't sue anybody if the vaccine tuins your life.

I'll take my chances with COVID.

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the rundown.

If you take the vaccine, you'll still have to wear a mask.
The vaccine has a 95% success rate, while COVID has a 99% survival rate.
Facial paralysis is a side-effect of the vaccine.
Infertility is a side-effect of the vaccine. It won't affect me, but it could affect my sister.
The second dose will give you nigh-unbearable headaches for the rest of the day.
You can't sue anybody if the vaccine tuins your life.

I'll take my chances with COVID.
Facial paralysis was noted in some people who received the vaccine, but so far it is not clear if that is at a higher rate than the general population. I'm gonna need some sources to back up your infertility claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over