• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
IDK. Between the unemployment benefits, the free money, and the free time, I could go for another pandemic right now.

During the pandemic, I lived like rich people lived. Money just kept appearing in my bank account and I had all the time in the world to pursue hobbies and be with my family. I went back to in person work in August 2020, but the 6 months before that were excellent.

Of course, I had followed covid news since before it was in the US. The <1% death rate and the majority of those deaths being in the 65+ age group was well known in Feb 2020. I wasn't worried about the virus at all, unlike most people under lockdown.
That money wasn't free, USA is over $33 Trillion in debt now (That's Bidenomics for you), soon you will be spending more on paying the interest on that debt every year than you spend on your armed forces. Huge amounts of US assets are being sold off to foreign countries.

Nothing is free, if you ask the devil to play the fiddle for you, he's gonna take your soul eventually.

Still, if you didn't get that "free" money, some illegal immigrant would be spending it in some swanky hotel that they all seem to be living in - then they would start bitching about you being a racist because they are not getting enough free shit.

Last edited by mrdude,
  • Haha
Reactions: The Catboy

videogamefanatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... (That's Bidenomics for you)...
The national debt rose by 40% ($20.2T to $28.4T, so +$8.2T) during Trump's term. Biden's term so far has raised it by 17% ($28.4T to $33.4T, so +$5T). Unless spending changes *drastically*, I don't expect Biden's term to go much over 30%. Maybe he'll hit 40 somehow, who knows.

Let's look at other recent presidents. Obama's spending over two terms was +67% (recovering from 2008 was bound to do this). George W. Bush two terms was +105%. Clinton's two terms was +32%. George H W Bush's over one term was +54%. Reagan's two terms was a whopping +186%. Tell me again how high Biden's spending has been. If your complaint is that Biden's spending in particular is high, you need to chill and explain what the actual impact is because no president since (and including) Nixon seems to even be trying to break even.

It's almost like lots of people only complain about national debt when their opposition happens to be in power, no matter circumstances.

EDIT: Inflation is a whole other can of worms though. That does legitimately suck right now.

Last edited by videogamefanatic,
Reactions: Dark_Ansem
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto