• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
At best, he's trolling. At worst, he's inciting reckless behavior that will almost certainly get people killed. Regardless, @UltraSUPRA should be banned. It's, like, the bare minimum that the GBATemp staff can do at this point. Even that might not make up for some of the nonsense I've seen get reported and slide by lately.
Nope, this is a discussion. Not with feelings but with facts. Ultra might be wrong on a lot of the topics, but he have the right to spew the nonsense.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I'm sure a poll on a video game piracy forum going a certain way has to do with Putin, looool.
In part, yes. In part it's simply American stupidity that's been festering for decades and has influenced the rest of the world over time. But that also plays to the benefit of both Putin and Xi.

Last edited by Xzi,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, this is a discussion. Not with feelings but with facts. Ultra might be wrong on a lot of the topics, but he have the right to spew the nonsense.
You're demonstrating my previous point about how the site needs to grow up. Inciting behavior that objectively leads to mass death, and acknowledging it, and claiming it's a good thing is not something that should be tolerated. This goes beyond simple political discourse.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
well thats kind of a contradiction
It is!

You're demonstrating my previous point about how the site needs to grow up. Inciting behavior that objectively leads to mass death, and acknowledging it, and claiming it's a good thing is not something that should be tolerated. This goes beyond simple political discourse.
We've yet to see where he claim it's a good point.

He fail to realize that surgent(s) stand with these mask for hours, and they need to to prevent infections in example open wounds. Therefore the proof have always been their that they work to stop droplets to reach said parts of a person.

At this very moment you let your feelings take over. You can put him on ignore so you don't need to see his spew of nonsense if you want.
Costello have told us multiple times to encourage discussions.

But a better question is if now "freedom" is so important. Is it a right? or a privilege?
They share a lot of similarities.

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually I think if anything ultrasupra is convincing people the anti-vax side is wrong. The issue is echo chambers, not discussion.

If we ban people from having real meaningful dialogue then we will just end up in safe spaces where we only hear what we want to hear - and then no one learns anything.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
But a better question is if now "freedom" is so important. Is it a right? or a privilege?
Well let's be clear here: UltraSUPRA did advocate for the deaths of people in general, and the line goes, "Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" in that order, so I do think he perhaps crossed a line there. Do I think he deserves a ban? Nah. A warning? Maybe. What the dude really needs is a therapist (as was already suggested), because he's become a nihilist. A common symptom of following the internet's right-wing radicalization pipeline.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is!

We've yet to see where he claim it's a good point.

He fail to realize that surgent(s) stand with these mask for hours, and they need to to prevent infections in example open wounds. Therefore the proof have always been their that they work to stop droplets to reach said parts of a person.

At this very moment you let your feelings take over. You can put him on ignore so you don't need to see his spew of nonsense if you want.
Costello have told us multiple times to encourage discussions.

He said it's a good thing for millions of people to die in an attempt at herd immunity because it will solve the overpopulation problem.

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to be fair I think he was being ironic, it's why he said "supposed overpopulation problem".

He is trying to use "the libs ideas against themselves"

Far as I can tell he doesn't really believe covid kills people at all. It's why he shared that image showing less people died this year than other years.

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually I think if anything ultrasupra is convincing people the anti-vax side is wrong. The issue is echo chambers, not discussion.

If we ban people from having real meaningful dialogue then we will just end up in safe spaces where we only hear what we want to hear - and then no one learns anything.

changing one's worldview is extremely difficult and painful, he won't change, just because humans really don't. you can link as many sources as you can, they will just ignore them, it's human psychology. no one on this forum will change anyone's mind unless they want their mind changed.

hell, the maga bois literally made a new social media platform (parlor) because reality is slapping them in the face, and they can't accept it, they'd rather leave.

we are not in the position to help indoctrinated people, they need real professional help, and it sucks.

this all boils down to social media, and trump's jonestownesque rhetoric, threats of "civil/race war", fake news don't believe the media, ect.

Last edited by omgcat,

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
changing one's worldview is extremely difficult and painful, he won't change, just because humans really don't. you can link as many sources as you can, they will just ignore them, it's human psychology. no one on this forum will change anyone's mind unless they want their mind changed.

hell, the maga bois literally made a new social media platform (parlor) because reality is slapping them in the face, and they can't accept it, they'd rather leave.

we are not in the position to help indoctrinated people, they need real professional help, and it sucks.
right, but we wouldn't exactly be a platform for discussion if we didn't facilitate discussion.

Sure he is unlikely to change his mind, but maybe someone on the fence will see the discussion and take something away from it.

Regardless he was following the rules even if we don't like what he said.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
right, but we wouldn't exactly be a platform for discussion if we didn't facilitate discussion.

Sure he is unlikely to change his mind, but maybe someone on the fence will see the discussion and take something away from it.

Regardless he was following the rules even if we don't like what he said.

I'm going to argue that there are no longer any fence sitters. our society is so polarized, that it makes fence sitting impossible. we have tackled basically every easy problem there is in America, and are now stuck dealing with exceptionally hard/impossible problems(gun control, abortion, forced vaccination, ect).

everyone has picked a side, no one is genuinely neutral, hell centrists are literally a meme now.

Last edited by omgcat,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
let's get back on topic guys, this thread is about whether you will be getting the covid vaccine.

If you have suggestions or opinions on topics of moderation please reach out to moderation staff.

Edit: btw if you guys didn't see I got mine today at noon :)

Reactions: gamefan5

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
let's get back on topic guys, this thread is about whether you will be getting the covid vaccine.

If you have suggestions or opinions on topics of moderation please reach out to moderation staff.

Edit: btw if you guys didn't see I got mine today at noon :)

Any headaches? Feel any better or worse than normal?

-snip-

Reactions: gamefan5

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With my long list of allergy I don't think I will be able to take it but maybe one of the 2 others
they told me as long as you have never had anaphylaxis it's fine, but they will watch you for 30 minutes afterwards to make sure you don't have a reaction.

Use of an epi-pen ever is gonna mean no mRNA vaccine for you.

Regardless the traditional vaccine should be approved soon so if you want that you should be able to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY