Hacking Coverflow7 USB Loader

lexlth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There are a lot of forwarders that may work with this.
I got one from the ultimate loader that I am using and it works perfectly...

SolidMetal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey DK & CD, just wanted to let you guys know that the coverflow7 that i downloaded now works...Hooray, i installed the rev 10 from the advice i got from DK, thankyou, and also checked to see if everything was in order with the files thankyou CD,
the only problem was i didn't have the smaller images for the case in the background? i placed them into the right folder with the right size but just got the no image?

i also want you both to know that i have been following the thread from the begining, and i have just now been reading up on what i have missed for the last few days (had stuff to do, you know how it is lol), DK & CD the work that you both have been doing means a great deal to me and alot of others
we all know or should know that this is all done in your spare time and that you have put alot of hard work and alot of heart into this, So don't let anybody put you down, you both have friends in here that like the work you have done : )

Well done guys, and please keep up the GREAT work !

Ok got the small pics on, but i can't get game party cover to show up? the id is RGXE

P.S. CD i am from the UK now Living in the USA. ( I MISS MY FISH AND CHIP SHOPS :'( LOL)

Sledge1

Trophies
XP
Country
SolidMetal said:
Ok got the small pics on, but i can't get game party cover to show up? the id is RGXE
Sure the GAME ID and the PIC ID are the same?
I can't get Game Party to run anyway.. it freezes on a black screen
frown.gif

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
hi mate, so got any feedback regarding the issue i was talking about?

edit:
can that spanish guy going by the alias of 'bwing2k2' who posted that video on youtube can get in touch with me.
i need the name you're using on this board for the credits mate. just holla back.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
Hmm I don't know too much about it but maybe it's an issue with the 1.4 loader, 1.5 fixes a few games that were having issues so maybe wait for alpha4 and it could be fixed. Other than that as Sledge1 says, make sure that your game ID is the same as the image name.

So if your game shows as ABC123, then make sure your large image is called ABC123.png and the smaller version is called smallABC123.png, put them in the right folders and you should be fine.

Out of curiosity, what are you using to get your games onto your HDD?

@DK
Hey there Don. Why is it not showing you as online now? The little dot should be green but it isn't, have you turned that off or something?

Hows the feedback coming along for the alpha4 debug?

Pegasos123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cdreams said:
Ok made it and tried to add some stuff but kept making mistakes lol, so this is how far I got with it.

test3.png

I think without the reflections it looks better personally. And I think in the black it would be the same, but I like how you have made the images so it is the whole box and image in one, it makes it extremely easy to use this idea, so well done.

I'm suggesting to DK, after someone else had the idea, that maybe in the Settings page where the Wiimote image is, instead of the Wiimote it could have the actual game selected there, like the other loaders do and what your setting options wise would be for that game specifically, so you would have the normal main page then in Settings you would get to see the 3D image there for the selected game.

i think the designe is now perfekt ....maybe you could paste a ,,Press A to play" abow the covers
but you should now concentrate to make the covers moving when scrolling ...so that they not just pop up when you scroll to a other game
something like a slide effect
maybe it would look great if when you click the cover that a CD cover apears (it doesnt have to be a CD cover for each game ...it has only to be
a random one ...like a CD which says ,,Wii game" or something like that

that would be great
sorry for my bad english
tongue.gif

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Hey Pegasos.

I think with the tools that are being used just now there is a limit to what can be done. Don may at some stage move over to something different where that kind of effect would be possible but for now it's probably going to stay like it is now but with the extra functionality that he's coding.

As it is though it's pretty much perfect for me and I'm sure it will keep people happy till other stuff can be looked at. So like I keep saying around here, enjoy this one and hopefully the upcoming alpha4 revision, then with all your feedback and ideas, the project can be started fresh on a new set of coding tools that can take it even further.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
hi cd, how are you doing today?
down here it went from a glowy shiny day to a cloudy one
wink2.gif

i've just signed as anonymous, so the online status on my profile is turned off, but you can see that i'm here at the bottom "27 User(s) are reading this topic (16 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)"

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@Don

Yeah I'm good, just got up a little while ago and it was looking like it could be a nice day,but now it's cloudy as well
frown.gif

Yeah that 3D boxart is pretty nice. I'm going ot keep the normal one for now but it makes no difference cause it's actually the same size so people could maybe select if they wanted normal style or 3D. Maybe an option to add
wink.gif
Then whatever they choose it would automatically select the correct png's from djtazs site.

Good to know that you are around though so coolio.

Posts merged

Don regarding the transparency thing, I think most of the people wanted to have the reflections and wanted it to render then using that somehow. I was never actually that bothered although it would be nice.

I would like to see transparency used though for the scrollbar if that gets implemented at some stage.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Out of curiosity, do you think you will be able to add pointer support with the current loader or will it only be when you start from scratch with new libraries?

If it's the latter I will keep the artwork and icons aside for then. As you probably saw, I made the background with the little settings cogwheel, it still works obviously when you press B but the idea is to have it as a clickable button with sound so I made the different states for it.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
to add wimmote/pointer support we'll need to switch to libwiigui i guess.
not sure about it, didn't had time to check though.
by the way still waiting for some feedback from them guys
wink2.gif

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
No probs, I kind of thought it would have to wait till then. That's all good though, something to look forward to
biggrin.gif

Yeah I hope those guys get back to you soon I'm sure most people are anxiously waiting for alpha4 especially with the 1.5 base that will fix some games and stuff.

What I will do then Is I will focus on the graphics stuff without anything that needs the IR support, I will still do it but just put it into a folder for future use.

Eugol

Trophies
XP
Country
I too would like to test the new Alpha 4 version of the loader please

I have been following this thread from the beginning and I have to say I am truly impressed with the way the product has developed so far.

I am currently running the Alpha 3 version of the software and my kids love it and so do I.

For me, this is the best interface for the USB Loader by far.

So if there is anything that I can contribute to the further development of this great product then please ask.

Eugol.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
@pepperoni:
anwser this and then i'll see if you fall in the desired categorie (just quote me and answer the question in the quote):

- which SystemMenu are you running(3.2e, 3.3u...)?

- are you using cIOS36rev9 or cIOS36rev10?

- how many games are on your usd drive?

- when does the bug occur (what did you do just before it happened)?

- did you went into the settings screen (by pressing b)?

- can you reproduce this bug, when doing the exact same thing?

- add here all extra info, that you think can help me?

thanks mate, just sitting here waiting for your answers.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@grakje
The loader looks like it is loading fine but have you got images in your folder named the same, if so then make sure yo have then named correctly, Otherwise, remove all images from the covers folder and small folder and then turn on downloading of covers assuming you have wifi or internet connection.

Then when you move between games it will download the correct covers for each game.

Eugol
So would I lol. DK just wanting to make sure it's all good, or he is hiding it from us
tongue.gif

Sledge1

Trophies
XP
Country
So far i have not experienced the bug again. But atm the wife is hogging the TV, so won't be able to test extensively until tomorrow when she goes to work.. (12hours more)
Will keep you updated as much as possible. (if she goes to bed early)
smile.gif

Cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Some sort of download management app