Hacking Coverflow7 USB Loader

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
In case your still around Don, maybe something to check with this, not sure it would use the same kind of coding or anything but it's basically what we would like from the loader I think, so if it can be switched to the Wii then it would be great:

Video

Well everyone that's leaving have a good night and I'll see you all tomorrow. I'm going to be around for a hour or so so speak to whoever is around
wink.gif

Sledge1

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiConnect24 is already turned off for me..
CD: you need to add more games and then test it
smile.gif

Also if the game was bad why would that matter? you're not loading it yet..all you're doing is looking at the ID and displaying the suitable pic etc?
ALL of my games have been add through WBFS Manager.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
I will try get some more added soon. I don't tend to keep a lot of games at any time. Most I find pretty boring.

regarding the fact that it might cause an issue if it's a bad backup, well maybe when the loader is reading the backup and trying to match to the image it's having an issue with sizes or something else, not sure exactly, but I deleted Shaun White which it kept crashing on and it worked perfectly. I could scroll really fast too.

That of course could just be a coincidence but it's more likely to be something along those lines. There is something in the alpha4 causing an issue with the backup.

Don knows more technical stuff than me lol.

DJJayTee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sledge1 said:
Also if the game was bad why would that matter? you're not loading it yet..all you're doing is looking at the ID and displaying the suitable pic etc?

thats what i was thinkin... quite possible that the image is bad...

i'm thinkin someone needs to try the loader with an empty image directory

ive had bad images crash photoshop when trying to render... it might work the same way

and if you guys need another beta i'd like to help.. i have 140ish games that are all booting fine with other loaders

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
already pmed him to help him as other members suggested it.
hope to get an hour or two to debug his work. hopefully we can merge our work to make a new project.
that'd be awesome.

him and cdreams making the gfx design and him and i the coding part.
i just need to talk to him and we'll see.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Nice
smile.gif

That is what we are talking about. I have an idea for that loader, but whether or not others would like it is debatable. Lets see what happens and yeah I would be happy to help on it if it gets merged.

I think release alpha4 here with all the stuff we have done and just make notes about the potential crash and how to deal with it. Let people play around with it and stuff and we can get to work on fixing that loader with him and getting new stuff added to it and then we should have something pretty special.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Stupid bloody gbatemp always crashing when my post is in mid transfer.

I was saying I think if when you press on any game it flips and shows the back cover. It would need to be another button than A or B, as they would already be used, or maybe it could even be set to up or down and it flips the case. Then A would bring up the confirmation box, and B would bring up the settings page.

If the images when loaded could be done to look as if they are on actual DVD cases, maybe even if initially it means only the main image is like that, the side ones arnt as important.

krismark

Trophies
XP
Country
I just wanted to report that I have currently 75 games loaded on my Western Digital Essential 2.5" HDD and all is well.

I did have the following small issues:

- Have to use double headed usb cable to get HDD to work.
- loader would crash when selecting a game with corrupted image. Fixed-Delete Corrupted image and re-download

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
OK so it's looking like it is a issue with corrupted images.

Just for clarification though, there must be some corrupted ones on DJtaz site. I got the image using the loaders auto-download of covers, so it's got it from his site and it must have been corrupted.

Also if this is indeed the case, then it's just a case of making sure that you fix the image like Krismark said and you should be fine.

Looking good and cheers for testing that krismark
wink.gif

Sledge1

Trophies
XP
Country
Nah don't show the back of the box.. show the disc.. the discs are already easily available..
and yeah that other loader looks nice.. need reflections etc

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
I was meaning show the back for the other loader that Don is looking at that he linked to, the one by beardface.

Like I say I don't think it would be everyone's taste, but me personally I know I would rather see the back of the box than the disc, at least then you get to see a screenshot and some information of what your loading. Remember the loader might be used by people that don't really know what is what so the more information you give them that is intuitive, the easier it is.

You would still get to see the disc when you pressed A to load it, it would just come up as it does now but maybe on a transparent background instead of the black solid one he has now when you press A. So in essence your having the same as what is already there, just cleaned up a little and including a little more for people that may want it or need it to use the loader properly.

As I said too, it would be mapped to say Up or Down on the D-Pad, so it's not something anyone would NEED to do, only if they choose to. The scrolling will be handled by the IR pointer I assume or maybe even the analogue stick.

Sledge1

Trophies
XP
Country
When i get a chance, i'll delete the covers for the games that crash the loader for me, and turn off downloading, and see what happens.
If the images were corrupt though, they wouldn't display in windows either?
Besides, he said he re-downloaded the image and it was fine, so that's probably a seperate issue to the main bug

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Hmm, yeah possibly. I personally thought maybe it was a bad backup. I deleted Shaun White and I'm working flawlessly now. Just tried MH3 Tri demo and Little Kings Story PAL, both on my NTSC Wii and no issues at all.

It may be something settings wise that needs to be set for specific games. I'm not sure what region Shaun White I had but possibly PAL, if it was then maybe it was doing something strange.

I think with the new loader by Beardface, that we should maybe get this one out there alpha4, with all the stuff we have up to now. Make sure there is a note to explain that deleting the game or image and re-doing it will fix the crashing and let people enjoy it as it is. It's got most of what was needed and it would free up Don's time to start helping with the animated version.

I could start work on little bits and bobs for that assuming they want me to contribute otherwise just let them get on with it and get a fully functioning Coverflow loader.

Sledge1

Trophies
XP
Country
cdreams said:
Hmm, yeah possibly. I personally thought maybe it was a bad backup. I deleted Shaun White and I'm working flawlessly now. Just tried MH3 Tri demo and Little Kings Story PAL, both on my NTSC Wii and no issues at all.

It may be something settings wise that needs to be set for specific games. I'm not sure what region Shaun White I had but possibly PAL, if it was then maybe it was doing something strange.

I think with the new loader by Beardface, that we should maybe get this one out there alpha4, with all the stuff we have up to now. Make sure there is a note to explain that deleting the game or image and re-doing it will fix the crashing and let people enjoy it as it is. It's got most of what was needed and it would free up Don's time to start helping with the animated version.

I could start work on little bits and bobs for that assuming they want me to contribute otherwise just let them get on with it and get a fully functioning Coverflow loader.
Yeah what they've got is good, but needs prettying up a bit with backgrounds and info etc..

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
DJJayTee said:
Sledge1 said:

thats what i was thinkin... quite possible that the image is bad...

i'm thinkin someone needs to try the loader with an empty image directory

ive had bad images crash photoshop when trying to render... it might work the same way

and if you guys need another beta i'd like to help.. i have 140ish games that are all booting fine with other loaders
either the picture or the image (iso) is corrupted on the disk.
i'm not only loading the id... but also the game's full name.
and that's the main diff between our loader and all the others, they all get the id from the usb device and then check if it's listed on a specific game's list (titles.txt).
so if you ever rename your image on hd, then it might crash the loader (just remember that all wbfs manager are warning you about this, it's obviously the reason)!

just one more word:
we'd better use the word picture (for cover) and use image only for the game (iso) content on the device, to avoid misunderstandings.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
I agree, lets keep it as clear as possible.

I know that the WBFS for Mac that I use to add my games, allows me to change the name sometimes, so maybe the odd game where I have changed it, it will cause an issue in the loader. However as long as people are aware of it then it's fine for now.

Don, what do you think about the idea of getting this alpha4 out there along with the stuff I have got here. So if we could get the Widescreen support added and the console for the game name moved to below the main picture, and possibly the Settings page have the selected game load in there in place of where I had the Wiimote? I think that would be a pretty good place to finish off this version and then we can all focus our efforts on Beardface's work if he wants our help.

atupac

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I agree with CD, WBFS for Mac is the one i use. Looks (+ Beautiful lol) really stable on my MBP, compared toothers i experienced on PC!

Very easy for creating iso from backups with Disc System utility...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/GVs1tc_vq0g?si=iEFwQrZgTr004u5g