Concerning survey reward sites in sigs

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've noticed that a bunch of people having referrals to websites like PrizeRebel in their signatures. Since a certain other website's name was censored, I was wondering why the staff hasn't taken much action to bring these links down. The rules say that 'begging' isn't allowed (which includes, and is not limited to, asking people to visit certain websites for points).

Is there anything that the 'Temp is doing about this? Or are people allowed to keep the links in a small corner of their sigs?

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
That is a great question.
I have a Swagbucks referral link in my signature. I looked through the rules, and at the time that I did I could not find anything directly against it.

I.E. "Links to Survey Reward Sites or Referral Reward sites is forbidden and will result in a warning on the first offense and a ban on the third offense."

So, IS it against the rules, or is it one of those gray areas?

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
We are more lenient towards this kind of stuff if its contained in a signature and is unobtrusive. The begging rule mostly applies to the creation of specific begging threads and posts. Of course under certain circumstances, such as when there is the potential of fraud and so on, signatures may also be removed, but that happens infrequently.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Also, as an addition to p1ngpong's explanation, I would like to add that "begging-to-visit-a-site threads" may be created with approval from a moderator, if you have a good reason for it (school work, oppinions on some other work / hobby project etc.)

smile.gif

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dice said:
IIRC there was an exceptional number of rule breaks from members promoting that site so it was blocked.
God that was a nightmare. Since it's been blocked however, I cannot get my gym shorts out of it. If you guys see then number 338, run, never look back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o