Hardware Components used on the Switch (mostly the motherboard and main console)

Infante

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello, I request your help please.
I need to know what characteristics the missing piece has.
Thank you

Inkedphoto5909083733632332792_LI.jpg

lickwid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by lickwid,

ZERO2028

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Hello guys, cane someone explain what are the specs of the marked component near the t451 and what are used for?
Ty

Edit: it's a cap 10nF explain the data sheet from the 451 for Voltage stability

Also, according to datasheet, it's 0.1uF capacitor.

On switch motherboard the size is probably 0201 and voltage - 10V
upload_2020-12-18_19-4-2.png

MansakeLabs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the matter of the battery connector on the motherboard, this is the closest that I can find so far -

(Link redacted)

However that won't work as the one on the Switch motherboard has assorted notches in the plastic that the wired connector slots into. One option would be to replace the motherboard connector with the above (it should fit I think) but to also replace the wired connector from the battery.

I THINK this is the crimp housing which fits the above connector (the crimp terminals would also probably be needed) -

(Link redacted)

I suppose the parts used by Nintendo could have been designed especially for them of course.

If anyone has any ideas, especially on a source for the original Nintendo connector, please let us know.

Edit: This one looks even closer to the Nintendo original -

(Link redacted)

As a new user, I can't post links, but I believe that the exact part might be the Molex 78172-0002

Last edited by MansakeLabs,

Spets

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Hi
I'm hopping to find someone who can provide the value of two resistors indicated in the imageIMG_20201219_203145.jpg
IMG_20201219_203145.jpg
IMG_20201219_203145.jpg
IMG_20201219_203145.jpg
IMG_20201219_044429.jpg
IMG_20201219_203145.jpg
IMG_20201219_044429.jpg

dupz0r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Anyone have details about this is and other components under the soc?

Attachments

• IMG_20201221_231048.jpg
    IMG_20201221_231048.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 289

ALL_MIGHT

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
My pleasant to get helps from seniors.

Please help me to verify that this component (capacitor or resistor, i am not sure. it is above the wifi chip) with the point i marked in the picture.

I measure this component by pointing -ve node to ground and +ve node to either one of the red marks, it is shorted. Can help to verify?

If possible, can guy tell what this circuit for?

Attachments

• IMG_20201225_105712[1].jpg
    IMG_20201225_105712[1].jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 294
Last edited by ALL_MIGHT,

justaplaneguy0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm working on a nintendo switch and trying to identify 2 components. I am reflowing and cleaning the BCM4356, and blew these 2 components off the board. 1 of them is an IC of some sort, the other I believe is a cap or an inductor. Could someone please help me identify these components so i can order them either from mouser or digikey?

Thank you in advance!

This is a closeup of the two components i'm trying to identify.
IMG_3387.jpg

This shows the exact location of the board I'm working on zoomed out.
IMG_3388.jpg

Last edited by justaplaneguy0,

megazoid2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Thanks to everyone who has created this thread it has some great infomation in, reading threw someone said that the circled component on the attached picture was an inductor, could someone please let me know what i would need to order for a replacement.

Thanks

Regards

Megazoid2k

Attachments

• InkedDamaged_LI.jpg
    InkedDamaged_LI.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 281

JTTUNING

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
This is my first time posting on a forum so if this is in the incorrect area I'm sorry but I have a nintendo switch V1 and I have display but no back-light I was told it might be a lcd so I got another one installed and the same problem occurred display but no back-light and you could see the display if a light was shone behind the lcd so I measured the 4 pins on the back-light connector and got a voltage of 0.11 3.85 0.11 and 0 and I have checked the resistors near theback-light chip (TPS61163A) and no shorts are present and the voltage is around 3.85 so I'm not sure whether it would be a faulty chip or connector or lcd or if their is anything else to look at as I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to fixing switches.

Thanks in advance.

de9ed

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I have recently tried to replace p13usb since it's the only short on the board (i was getting 0.2 Amp charging then dead). I have accidentally ripped off the pads ( Circled in Red), Is there anywhere I can connect back the trace with a jumper wire? I have also knocked out one of the resistors on the way( Circled in Blue) ( i think its the 100k ohm 0201 ) Thanks

For the bottom red circle, can I connect that to the left side of the missing resistor

P.s. can some one link me the mouser part for the resistor. I have found 3 version with different % , does it matter ? Thanks

YSv3rBx.jpg

UNPW1j8.jpg

Last edited by de9ed,

Ottoclav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of many years of habit I tend to use Soldamop braid (is Chemwik even better?), but for sucking the solder out of the USB C port's GND plane holes I use my Pace desoldering station with a good tip which can take the thermal load - so far so good. :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm still experimenting - I prefer hot air but I also try with my assorted tips to see which works best for me.

Nice idea about the camera, speaking of which, and as I can't afford a decent Amscope, I was looking at this -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Andonsta...-Microscope-1080-f-PCB-Repair-UK/292645273497

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

BTW, did you have any luck documenting the caps and resistors around the M92T36 chip? :)
I would like to see a video of this. Which tip are you using with your PACE? I have many as my disposal.

justaplaneguy0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm working on a nintendo switch and trying to identify 2 components. I am reflowing and cleaning the BCM4356, and blew these 2 components off the board. 1 of them is an IC of some sort, the other I believe is a cap or an inductor. Could someone please help me identify these components so i can order them either from mouser or digikey?

Thank you in advance!

This is a closeup of the two components i'm trying to identify.
View attachment 239670

This shows the exact location of the board I'm working on zoomed out.
View attachment 239671

Regarding these components, does ANYONE have an old board that doesn't work, and the 2 components could be de-soldered and sent to me? I will gladly pay for the components. The IC that's missing is a chip labeled E3, and the other missing component circled is a CAP. Please PM me or let me know thanks!

Everlasting1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding these components, does ANYONE have an old board that doesn't work, and the 2 components could be de-soldered and sent to me? I will gladly pay for the components. The IC that's missing is a chip labeled E3, and the other missing component circled is a CAP. Please PM me or let me know thanks!
I do, but live in the UK. Not sure it would be worth your time. Can't you get a faulty unit from eBay?

justaplaneguy0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I got the E3 chip back in place, i'm waiting some new caps to come in the mail, and I was able to re-ball and reflow the WiFI chip... hard to get pictures of what it looks like from underneath.... but this is the best i could get from the side. There were 3 pads on the board (balls) that the pads were lifted from, i'm not sure they actually went anywhere as I didn't see any indication of a lead, but I am hoping that the re-ball helped to reattach it and flow.

I won't know much until the other cap gets here and i can put that back on the board. Here's the picture of the re-balled / re-flowed WiFi chip from the side

IMG_3440.jpg

de9ed

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone know the part# is yellow mark choke filter on v2(HAD-CPU-01) board. It is smaller than v1 board filter on the top

I have not seen v1 or v2 filter, but from my experience, there are two that should work MCZ1210DH900L2TA0G or EXC-24CS350U

The mcz one matches the one found on v1 board (no ground) while this thread suggests the exc one with ground

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y