Switch not charging or booting after Rp2040

Dukenukemx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Relatively recently I decided to install a mod chip on my nephews Switch and it worked for like an hour and then it stopped working and when I tried to reboot it would get stuck at the Switch logo. Would get the error code 2002-3540. It was a mod chip from Aliexpress, but I then switched over to RP2040 because people told me that's better. I thought the NAND had corrupted so I tried to repair it, but couldn't due to an [FATAL] BIS write failed when using systemRestoreV3.te. After switching to RP2040 that stopped being a problem, but still won't boot. At some point I would get a code 2134-0501 for charging. In Hekate it was charging but then it stopped. When I rebooted Hekate it would charge but then stop again, and eventually it stopped charging all together. So of coures I changed the M92 chip. That did nothing. I removed the M92 and double checking connections, which is why it's so messy around it. I did some investigating and a resistor near the corner of the M92 was reading really high resistance. Something in the millions Ohms as it woudln't show up on my multimeter. So of coures I ordered a bunch of 100k Ohm 0201 resistors to replace. I also ordered a bunch of 10nF 0201's, because I didn't trust the one next to the resistor and I lost one on the other side. I circled the section in red that I replaced them. Wanna see if someone can confirm that it's suppose to be 100k Ohm. I also replaced some other caps with 2.2uF 0402 because I lost one... again and the other one broke in half when I tried to move it back in place. I also looked underneith where the Pi3USB is and found some caps that looked like they were replaced. I did try reflowing them, which removed most of the flux that was on there. This was bought used but worked, so I wonder if someone replaced the caps? I have no way of testing them to see if they work, mostly because I don't know how.

If anyone has any suggestions I would much appriciate it. I'm ready to remove the mod chip, but if I did I woudln't be able to tell if the Switch was charging besides using a multimeter. Also in Hekate it would say the battery has 70% and then say 80% when I reboot it sometimes. Not sure if that's an indication of something? I wonder if the mod chip did this, or the Switch had a weak component that just failed?

Attachments

• resistor bad.jpg
    resistor bad.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 4
  • Pi3USB capsjpg.jpg
    Pi3USB capsjpg.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 5

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.