Hardware Components used on the Switch (mostly the motherboard and main console)

de9ed

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
anyone have values for the following components.

View attachment 262660

Credit to Calvin, Diode mode

CiY8NcB.png

Last edited by de9ed,
Reactions: FXDX

Zaythin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to start repairing my own switch and I was wondering if you could give me some tips or even teach me a few things on how to start.

StonedBazz

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I attempted to repair the usb c port on a switch lite and while doing that, I seem to have lost a chip and some components... I've identified the missing chip as the max 17050, but I'm missing everything around it, if anyone could identify what I need and where it goes it would be much appreciated... I've attached a pic of the damage I caused. The wonky component with 05 on it is also now missing, I believe it's the same thing KROST was referring to a few pages back... Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG20210531200939.jpg
    IMG20210531200939.jpg
    592.7 KB · Views: 265

fatmeegz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone. It seems as i knocked a component off of the board while taking my switch apart to replace the LCD. Although, the switch works completely fine (tested extensively). I only broke 1 off. I have drawn an arrow with ms paint and circled the component area. Does anyone know what this component does? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

• qwerty.jpg
    qwerty.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 258
Last edited by fatmeegz,

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone. It seems as i knocked a component off of the board while taking my switch apart to replace the LCD. Although, the switch works completely fine (tested extensively). I only broke 1 off. I have drawn an arrow with ms paint and circled the component area. Does anyone know what this component does? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
It should be a 0.1uf 0201size capacitor

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
EMI or smooth signal voltage IMO,
better to have it back for sure( by design they are there for their purpose).
No big deal if its hard to get parts from your side since they are small value

Last edited by jkyoho,

dlh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ideas to troubleshoot a MB I inadvertently shorted.

I really blew it - was working on a unpatched switch that was fine except bluetooth was weak - i was tearing it apart to clean and firmly install the Bluetooth antenna connector...

Unfortunately i got interrupted after taking the back covers off, came back to it and promptly stuck my tweezers in to pop the game cartridge connector to the MB off so i could access the antenna cable/connector. The fan immediately started running full speed and my heart sunk - i had forgotten to pull the battery connector.

I've been troubleshooting since then, have found no blown components, measure no shorts, find nothing wrong. But the MB is dead, draws no current and the backlight does not come on. At one point i had cleaned an area to inspect it and got current draw of 0.4 amps at 14.98V during that power cycle which gave me hope - but it did not repeat on the next power cycle (connect battery, connect charger). It consistently jumps the charger to 14.98V but draws no current.

Ideas for areas to investigate? Or is it a lost cause?

LATE BREAKING NEWS - i was probing all the R's and C's in the area in this corner of the MB to check values and look for the bad one or a shorted chip and i bumped the 8316 12 pin BGA chip and a piece broke off! I just pulled it and it came in pieces. My recollection is it drives the LCD, looking it up now. I have a donor board i can pull parts from but have never removed/installed BGA parts so wish me luck (and offer advice if you have it!).

RESOLUTION: I tried moving the BGA part noted above from a donor board, no luck. Then found i could get it from Digikey very cheaply, combined a couple of them with some other components i needed to save shipping, received it, indeed it is already pre-balled, installed it and EUREKA! The switch i shorted out thanks to forgettting to pull the battery leads is now working again.
FYI

thanks in advance
Dave

Last edited by dlh,

BL4K3Y

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone tell me what the component values are in the image please (from an Erista mainboard)?

According to the MAX17050 datasheet, the two capacitors on the left and bottom of the image are 0.1uF and the capacitor on the right is 10nF.

I think the resistor is 100K Ohm, but I want to be sure before I go ahead and replace anything.

Also, are they all SMD 0201 components?

Thank you.

Attachments

• Components.jpeg
    Components.jpeg
    150 KB · Views: 221
Last edited by BL4K3Y,

White_Raven_X

Hack everything, hack the world!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any luck finding out what component this is? Got a short on mine too and was thinking to replace it. Also wondering if it may signify failure of another component.
I also have a spare board that also has ground readings on both sides of that component. This board didn't work and I never found the problem. Could definitely be that as the same components on the other side of the board don't read ground.

Keep us updated on what you find.

Reactions: otaconn23

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: FXDX and otaconn23

otaconn23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is a coil and by design, it goes ground and it's normal there.
Many thanks! So to my understanding, the component in my photo is a COIL and could be faulty because it should not read ground on both ends, correct? If so, I'll need to order the COIL. Should I replace the IC (BD8316) too?

BTW is there a way I can get my hands on a schematic that outlines the components on the board? It would make repairs a whole lot easier.

Last edited by otaconn23,

White_Raven_X

Hack everything, hack the world!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Many thanks! So to my understanding, the component in my photo is a COIL and could be faulty because it should not read ground on both ends, correct? If so, I'll need to order the COIL. Should I replace the IC (BD8316) too?

BTW is there a way I can get my hands on a schematic that outlines the components on the board? It would make repairs a whole lot easier.
No, you misunderstand my point. You should have ground reading both end of this Inductor coil. Just take a look at the PDF link from above. the BD8316 IC LX1 LINE(B1 Pad) goes to the coil and goes to ground. SO reading both side ground on this COIL is OK!
What is the resistance across that removed component? Isn't it an inductor?
It a 4.7uH

otaconn23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aha, thanks for that boss! I need your advice then pls. I got a stock V1 no charge/boot, no water dmg, battery 4.12v. No shorts to indicate failed M92 or any other IC for that matter. Any tips on how to further attempt to diagnose?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality