Capcom to focus on making Switch games, including Ace Attorney

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Nov 10, 2017.

1. StarTrekVoyager

StarTrekVoyager Soon™

Jun 19, 2016
    France
    Paris
    Yeah, months ago, before knowing if the Switch is a success, and after the Wii U, they sure were gonna do that...

Xzi likes this.
  2. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    I am fan of those games except Ace Attourney but I dont want that. AAA games are a must! Those can wait!

3. tiamat999

tiamat999 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 28, 2013
    United States

Honestsly who cares who copies who
    And people need to learn that even if smart phones and tablets are very powerful the best games are still emus i doudt a mobile company actually going to put effort into making a full fledged game on phones or tabs

Red771, Xzi and Xabring like this.
  4. Gizametalman

Gizametalman Banned

Banned
    Dec 18, 2015
    Mexico
    D.F. - Zona Cero.
    Sure I like them too.
    But paying them since the Wii days is a bit ridiculous in my opinion.
    How many times do you have to buy the same games just to have it on a different console?

And that was sarcarsm too.
    I forgot to add /s

5. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.

Now you know what I am talking about. :)

6. BlastedGuy9905

BlastedGuy9905 Ace Bricker

Apr 13, 2017
    United States
    Outside your windows ᕙ(◔ᗜ◔)ᕗ
    OwO GIMME

Pandaxclone2 likes this.
  7. farmin

farmin Advanced Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Australia
    Great news, hopefully that means original titles though I would love to play REmake on the go.

8. elBenyo

elBenyo Wad of meat.

Jan 2, 2016
    United States
    RE: Revaluations 1 & 2 with the DLC in one collection would be nice. The online in 2 is insanely addicting.

9. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Maniac

May 28, 2015
    chances of that are slim, with it originally being a nintendo exclusive and support when it came to the "hd remake", nintendo was ignored.

but, lets say if it does get ported its going to be another OLD game ported over.

why cant the switch get more support of todays games at the same price as the other versions, or cheaper having it being a dumbed down version and features removed.

but yea, if it got ported (with RE0 included) i probably would buy it, i have it on the cube, ps3, xbx 360, ps4 and plan to get it on xbx1x if it has a 4k update.

10. Yepi69

Yepi69 Jill-sandwiched

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    Wait what?

11. farmin

farmin Advanced Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Australia
    I figured that probably had less to do with Nintendo as a whole and more to do with how badly the Wii U was doing. Pure speculation but the Wii U might've also not been able to run the game at a solid resolution/frame rate thus Capcom decided to skip Nintendo.

I am in agreement with you but honestly I would play the hell out of REmake on Switch.

12. Reyn_the_Insane

Reyn_the_Insane Mega Man Fanatic

Feb 1, 2017
    United States
    OVAH DEAH!
    It's about frickedy doo dah time Crapcom. Give me my Legacy Collection 2.

13. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Yeah, almost all native phone games are just MTX garbo. Emulators only on my phone, 3DS and Switch for modern gaming.

14. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    ill believe it when i see it crapcom. No monster hunter worlds on switch and no monster hunter xx english ver. Your talk is cheap. and square well i dont think they will be making and main stream games on it. the producer of mana remake said the reason it was not on switch is because the switch was not out yet when the game was in development. Child, Please. lol lame ass excuse as ever. All these companies talk is cheap. when they make AAA switch exclusives then ill be impressed. Other then that they are all talk and no show.... notice how they dont even try untill they think its popular? maybe putting your games on it from the start would have made it more popular. ever think of that square and crapcom?

15. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Maniac

May 28, 2015
    it works both ways, the system failed because nintendo simply released a slightly beefed up ps3, devs have been there done that and pushed the hardware as much as they could.

devs did the same back then, tested the waters by porting "old" games, sales were poor so they focused support to the new hardware.

we can see the same happening again, devs are porting its old titles over, i honestly cant see sales being different especially when its more expensive, inferior and has content missing.

give it a year and i honestly see the switch third party support being dropped and mainly littered with cheap 3DS app type games.... even more when sony/MS releases their next gen systems.

the only good thing the switch had going for it really was copying off the morphus x300, being able to play on the go, but it doesnt impress when its expensive and lacking.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

its not really about copying as such, but everyone inc nintendo are like we are so innovative.

this concept is just another gimmick to mask the fact its a dead cheap console, when you compare its hardware to the last gen consoles (PS4/XBX1) if it didnt copy the morphus x300 then people would class it as another wii u.

we also need to count the fact that nintendo needed find a way to ensure higher sales...... this idea combining both home console and portable markets in to one surely will make sales sound better.

and again nintendo fuck up when they compare switch sales with just wii u, they never combined wii u & 3ds sales then compare.

16. TheDarkGreninja

TheDarkGreninja How could you hate that face?

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    Pretty good news, Switch smashed it out of the park in Japan.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

No one likes it when people speak out of their ass:
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...etter_uk_debut_than_marvel_vs_capcom_infinite

The market is their, unlike the wii u.
    Just in case you think this is cherry-picked here are a few other outlets:
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/street-fighter-2-switch-called-a-smash-hit-as-capc/1100-6452075/
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/07/...mes-in-wake-of-ultra-street-fighter-2-success

Can you even prove that claim? I could just as easily say they copied ninty.

Why would they do that? That's not even apples to apples, just because Switch is a hybrid doesn't mean you compare it with the combined sales of a home console and a portable. Can you prove that the Switch's market is the 3DS and Wii U's combined?

17. pokemonster

pokemonster GBAtemp Regular

Jun 13, 2011
    France
    If you want money of european, translate attorney to spain deutsh,french ita...:toot:

18. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    New Mega Man game? Nah, we'll just release the NES ones and call it a day.

Red771 likes this.
  19. Multiboy2k

Multiboy2k GBAtemp Regular

Dec 12, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas
    This is fantastic news of course.

I bought the Switch literally just for Monster Hunter. But, was greatly dissappointed when Capcom decided to be cryptic with the release of the game to the West. I did import the Jp version, but it's not as satisfying while trying to decipher talismans, armours, and various weapon needs. Anyway, I look forward to finally getting a proper MH game on the Switch. But, the game I really truly want to see by Capcom on the Switch is, E.X. Troopers. It was/is awesome on the 3DS, and it would be glorious on the Switch.

20. ClassyDragon

ClassyDragon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2017
    United States
    ケンタッキー
    http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/11/13/...new-ace-attorney-for-switch-plus-compilations

According to Kotaku, Capcom plans on releasing a brand new Ace Attorney game (featuring Phoenix Wright as the protagonist once again) as well as two compilations.
    These compilations will be for games 1 through 3 (similar to Ace Attorney Trilogy) as well as games 4 through 6.
    The new game will release late next year. Very exciting! :D