• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Can Donald Trump become President Again?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
OK, so is your hypothesis even falsifiable then? Like what would need to happen, what proof would you need to see to exonerate Trump in your eyes?
All the evidence needs to be gathered, which is what the January 6th commission is doing, and then it needs to be presented to a federal judge. The applicable individuals then need to face charges, and I'm not referring to only Trump. If and when he's cleared of those charges, so be it. I'm never going to believe he's an ethical or moral guy, or that the justice system is blind when it comes to wealth in the US, but he can live out the last couple years before his burger-induced heart attack a free man.

Europe is in a state of war. Gas prices have been skyrocketing even before then. And gas prices are worse in Europe. Biden is the most unintimidating person anyone could have picked. While Trump was in office, there was peace. Not just in Europe, mind you, he ended several wars in the middle east. The world is objectively worse with Biden in office.
Don't fucking kid yourself, multiple world leaders literally laughed in his fat face. The only ones that bothered to flatter him were the dictators, and it worked like a charm.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Europe is in a state of war. Gas prices have been skyrocketing even before then. And gas prices are worse in Europe. Biden is the most unintimidating person anyone could have picked. While Trump was in office, there was peace. Not just in Europe, mind you, he ended several wars in the middle east. The world is objectively worse with Biden in office.

None of what you said is Biden's fault, and only a GOP cultist in bad faith could fault him for that. Not that RepubliKkKans worry about Europeans anyway, so...

Also, Biden unintimidating? As opposes to the Orangeman, who was in Putin's pocket?

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He never made such a request, so I don’t have to “think” anything of it. You’re the one being conspiratorial here, not me. As a side note, hearsay is not considered admissible evidence in a court of law - any exchanges between Raffensperger and Trump that were “overheard” by third parties and then reported on as if they were gospel are taken (rightfully) with a pinch of salt. The only reliable source of information is the transcript, and the transcript, in my eyes, shows no evidence of wrong-doing - he requested signature verification, and his request was denied.
This was based on an honest (albeit misguided) belief that the election was being tampered with. Regardless of how Raffenspberger felt about it, no threat was issued and, in context of the conversation, Trump did not expect him to do anything illegal, rather to review the results. He mentions a specific number of votes required to turn the tide in his favour, but that’s an aside to the actual request made - Trump makes it clear during the call, he believes they’ll “find” scores more than that. As such, having the various statutes in question in mind, I don’t think it even comes close to tampering - no forgery of results was ever requested. I believe some investigations are still on-going, but I suspect they’re not going to come up with anything more than what we already know. The complete transcript is out there, there’s nothing more to uncover - people can read the exchange and interpret it for themselves. Trump has a very simple defense in his Georgia case - he actually believed in what he was saying, and wasn’t intending to commit any crime, but rather prevent one from taking place, which absolves him as far as 52 USC 20511 and other related potential charges are concerned - the statute has specific prerequisites, those being “knowingly and willfully” as well as “known by the person to be materially false, fictitious or fraudulent” - if Trump believes in his case, he de facto does not fulfil the prerequisites of the felony, and by extension, cannot solicit participation. He never gave off the impression that he didn’t, which is why the case is dragging on like a snail, they’re yet to find a “hook”. They’d have to catch Trump specifically stating that he knows the results are correct, he did lose, and he wants to use his position to alter them - they’re having a hard time finding such a statement because Trump, in all likelihood, believed he had a case, and probably still thinks so to this day. Is he guilty of having poor phrasing in the heat of the moment? Yes. Is he guilty of any criminal act? I don’t think so, but that’s a subjective evaluation. He’s yet to be charged with anything in regards to the call, which tells me that evidence is scant. Why is the investigation still open then? No idea - either they’re being exceedingly thorough with the investigation or it’s being kept alive for purely political reasons.
Raffenspberger is also not the governor, so I don’t know why you bring him up in a discussion about Trump speaking to governors.

Wow. LMFAO! Like I stated previously, severely delusional. Governor, secretary of state, it seriously doesn't matter dude. That nit-picking is just you being your typical Trump cult loyalist. "BUT BUT!!!! I SAID GOVERNOR!!! LOL! Really? He literally asked for the EXACT number needed to overturn the results. Said he doesn't care who who does it, who it is, that it can be done confidentially, etc. etc. My God, are you seriously that dense?

Last edited by Stone_Wings,
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Wow. LMFAO! Like I stated previously, severely delusional. Governor, secretary of state, it seriously doesn't matter dude. That nit-picking is just you being your typical Trump cult loyalist. "BUT BUT!!!! I SAID GOVERNOR!!! LOL! Really? He literally asked for the EXACT number needed to overturn the results. Said he doesn't care who who does it, who it is, that it can be done confidentially, etc. etc. My God, are you seriously that dense?
Nitpicking? That’s the law. Maybe you should read the transcript yourself and see what he was asking for. He certainly didn’t ask for votes to materialise - he was asking for signature verification for existing votes, among other checks.
So what do you make of his calls about "finding votes"? That's a very loaded way to demand a recount, almost a recount for votes that don't exist, aka a fraud. I appreciate you appreciating facts opposed to nonsense. To this end, I tell you: medice, cura te ipsum.
See post above.

• Haha
Reactions: Stone_Wings

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It would be nice if he could lose twice in a row. I wouldn't mind seeing him run against Pete. I don't think Trump can win again. The spell has been broken in swing voters. Also Trump winning in 2024 with Russia going on sounds like the start of a nuclear holocaust movie.
I don't know, Trump is too easily controlled by Putin. I'm not sure that Putin will be around though in 2024 though. So they might not pay to get Trump elected again.

That's impossible to evaluate, but I will say that the world of comedy is objectively worse with Biden in office.
I think Biden is funnier than Trump, but Trump is more corrupt than anyone (including Hilary). Lock him up, Lock him up.

Yeah, Trump wanted someone to commit fraud for him because he is used to people committing fraud for him.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it's a good thing the popular vote doesn't really count since it means jack shit, otherwise we'd be fucked even sooner that we already are now, even though he still won the majority vote and became president.
Funny you mentioned that, the electoral college is actually being considered redundant in many cases and are being phased out in a handful of states since the voting system in general is fucked no matter how you look at it.
What did Trump actually accomplish in his presidency that wasn’t a carryover from Obama or something not directly involved with the sitting President? Also, pretty sure Trump would have either ignored the current Russian attack or backed it. Why would that have been preferable?
I mean, he did get impeached twice in only one term. Thats impressive no matter how you look at it, like speedrunning a game over scenario in micro seconds.

He is not responsible for any of these things, that is all because of the shit going on in Ukraine right now, and short of wanting Ukraine steamrolled so that russia claims victory and everything goes back to normal that is something that no one is going to want aside from any of Putin's people of preference. Let's not forget that Trump was withholding aid to Ukraine so he could benefit for his own end of things. Does that seem like someone who was in the mindset of making the world a better place, especially over in the EU? Not at all.

The only reason things are bad as they are is because Biden inherited Trumps shit from the previous era. Its like how dumbasses blame Obama for the 2008 crisis because he was president at that time despite him just entering into office to inherent all the shit that went down during the Bush Administration and funneling all our money out to a war.

Shit does not break as soon as someone enters office, it takes a long ass time to do that, it takes even longer to fix it.

Joker25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
No one can compare to Ukraine's President Zelensky anyway!
Although Trump was more decisive than Biden. That's why I'm more in favor of Trump.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
None of these things have anything to do with Biden or Trump. There wasn’t peace under Trump either. There was still the wars started during the Bush administration that were happening under Trump (and Obama,) then there were the constant attacks on the LGBT+, Asians/Asian Americans, and several other groups. Trump also incited a literal attempt to overthrow an election during the final month of his presidency. I wouldn’t say his presidency was “peaceful,” it was actually pretty shit for minorities and anyone who wasn’t a blind follower to him.

erikas

Trophies
XP
Country
All the evidence needs to be gathered, which is what the January 6th commission is doing, and then it needs to be presented to a federal judge. The applicable individuals then need to face charges, and I'm not referring to only Trump. If and when he's cleared of those charges, so be it. I'm never going to believe he's an ethical or moral guy, or that the justice system is blind when it comes to wealth in the US, but he can live out the last couple years before his burger-induced heart attack a free man.

Don't fucking kid yourself, multiple world leaders literally laughed in his fat face. The only ones that bothered to flatter him were the dictators, and it worked like a charm.
All evidence needs to be gathered, yet you seem to have no problem passing judgement before he was even accused of anything.

Every world leader that's not a dictator is a clown sitting in the pocket of Klaus Schwab and don't really mean much. There is no possibility of a nuclear thread between USA and EU no matter who the leaders on either side are, so intimidating them is not necessary. And yes, he either intimidated dictators or made friends with them. You might not like that, but the alternative to that is making the dictators your enemy in which case you raise the threat of nuclear war, like we have right now.

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nitpicking? That’s the law. Maybe you should read the transcript yourself and see what he was asking for. He certainly didn’t ask for votes to materialise - he was asking for signature verification for existing votes, among other checks.

See post above.

Some reading comprehension skills would do you well. The nitpicking I was referring to is you saying "But but but! I was talking about governors! Why are you talking about secretaries of state?!?!?!?!" And I called your response so damn easily. Same old, same old, sorry ass excuse/reasoning. "That's not what he meant!". :lol:

Reactions: smf and Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can’t help you then. The entire transcript is public - anyone can read it, see the context of the conversation for themselves and make an evaluation of what the request actually was.

Hah, I'm not sure your help would actually help. And the context of the conversation makes it worse, as a mentally ill president refusing to concede is unfit to be alone, let alone rile.

Although Trump was more decisive than Biden. That's why I'm more in favor of Trump.

Being decisive and making bad decisions is a liability, not something that should be rewarded.

Reactions: Joker25

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't you think that the quality of the decisions is more important than the frequency?

All evidence needs to be gathered, yet you seem to have no problem passing judgement before he was even accused of anything.
Except a lot of the evidence was already released to the public (some of it by him on TV) and so it's obvious. Which might be his play, that he now can't have a fair trial.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Some reading comprehension skills would do you well. The nitpicking I was referring to is you saying "But but but! I was talking about governors! Why are you talking about secretaries of state?!?!?!?!" And I called your response so damn easily. Same old, same old, sorry ass excuse/reasoning. "That's not what he meant!". :lol:
It’s not even “that’s not what he meant”, that’s literally not what he said, and there’s written record of it. Funny you mention reading comprehension, given that yours is lacking. You didn’t “call” anything so much as you’re unfamiliar with the transcript, which is not surprising.
Hah, I'm not sure your help would actually help. And the context of the conversation makes it worse, as a mentally ill president refusing to concede is unfit to be alone, let alone rile.
No charges as of yet, and it’s been quite a while. Paranoia is not a good look as far as mental fitness is concerned. I’m not one to judge though - it’s entirely possible that he’ll eventually get charged with something in relation to the call, perhaps even in this millennium. As far as the law goes, his defense would be very simple and it’d be supremely difficult to make a charge stick based on the contents of the exchange.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No charges as of yet, and it’s been quite a while

Yes, because American justice has ever been fast at prosecuting those in power, its well known that American justice speed is inversely proportional to the number of lawyers you can throw to dilute the whole thing.

I agree that paranoia is not a good factor, hence why he's even less suited to a re-election- or to being left alone with kids.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Every world leader that's not a dictator is a clown sitting in the pocket of Klaus Schwab and don't really mean much. There is no possibility of a nuclear thread between USA and EU no matter who the leaders on either side are, so intimidating them is not necessary. And yes, he either intimidated dictators or made friends with them. You might not like that, but the alternative to that is making the dictators your enemy in which case you raise the threat of nuclear war, like we have right now.
There were two Russian offensives on Ukraine in recent history - one in 2014, under Obama, and one in 2022, under Biden. Many scholars have pondered why that’s the case, and are yet to figure this matter out. If only there was some commonality between the two invasions. Alas, we may never know what that common element might be.
Yes, because American justice has ever been fast at prosecuting those in power, its well known that American justice speed is inversely proportional to the number of lawyers you can throw to dilute the whole thing.

I agree that paranoia is not a good factor, hence why he's even less suited to a re-election- or to being left alone with kids.
Trump is not “in power”, he’s not even on Twitter, let alone any position of political pull. Keep fearing the orange boogeyman though.

Last edited by Foxi4,
Reactions: Coto and erikas

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Trump is not “in power”, he’s not even on Twitter, let alone any position of political pull. Keep fearing the orange boogeyman though.

Are you being deliberately obtuse in peddling a barefaced lie, namely that a former US president does not possess any influence or power? Or that the Prosecution services would not treat him differently?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Are you being deliberately obtuse in peddling a barefaced lie, namely that a former US president does not possess any influence or power? Or that the Prosecution services would not treat him differently?
Oh, they certainly treat him differently - they don’t want to wear egg on their faces for the third time in a row over yet another manufactured controversy. Nothing obtuse about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Sir, the shit hit the second fan. :rofl2:
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell him to kneel all the way down in the mobile pocket his change run out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bent kneel
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That's Obama's Change!!!
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    car did came with a crisp packet when I got it
    +1
    Ken so your saying Ben Dover was the previous owner?
    to bad the sell by date expired in '03
    +1
    Lol so those crisps where not so crispy
    I never said it had any crisps in it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell some flail you juiced it up pocket 4k
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, The next owner was Phil McCrackin.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used condoms included someone off temp would buy it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Don't think they will have them here. Ask Psi.
    I have test driven a MX-3 once that had mushrooms growing on the passenger seat cause the sun
    staring car dealer left the windows open all the time
    both the mushrooms and the car gave me a bad trip kekw
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Almost bought a 08 charger thing looked nice but didn't want to drop 13k
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Sounds like a good deal lol.
    local scrapheap only gives 150 for yank tanks, sorry ken, you got ripped off mate
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or i might not play terraria since i have to go out in a bit
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    like in 4 pm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sticking with the roller until she dies
    no sylver, psilocybin does not grow on car
    seats, they grow in grasslands
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol rubber doesn't always grow things
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I see
    rubbers never work, people always find ways to remove them from handle bars and pushbike
    seats
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: rubbers never work, people always find ways to remove them from handle bars and pushbike seats