Hacking burning wii games (tried tried tried black screen)

Solid_Snake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
Well I have a PAL (E) wii and I got the wii chipped the wii to make it region free n play um the other "games" lol well i bought a copied game from a shop and it worked but i cant seem to burn games of my own.

Ive downloaded 2 games so far, Zelda Twilight Princess and Wii play ( both games i downloaded were ntsc ) (both isos) Ive downloaded WUM 1.2 and well a dump data file but i didnt get the right dump data file...i think i might be needing "c21be84f1578f0b18517f57ecc24117f.dump" .

But im totally new at this, ive already wasted are 5 discs on zelda and one a wii play. So far ive been burning them at 2x and well ive also tried 4x and 6x. But when i put the cd in the main game screen loads but when i click start i get a black screen and the
controller turns off, the wii freezes etc.

Can some share with me some wise ideas and methods lol,

Thanks will be really grateful.

unsure.gif

EDIT : I updated my wii to 3.4e before modding it (since i didnt know i wud be getting it modded.)
frown.gif

PSXDupe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Solid_Snake, you will never become a Brain Surgeon anyway.

Burning ISOs to a disc is the simplest thing and still you get 1000's of people asking the same question
getting the same answer.

Solid_Snake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSXDupe said:
Solid_Snake, you will never become a Brain Surgeon anyway.

Burning ISOs to a disc is the simplest thing and still you get 1000's of people asking the same question
getting the same answer.

Hello im not asking how to burn isos, i know that...im asking what stuff i gotta do to the iso file to get it to work :S

Burnings a iso is a kids job
tongue.gif
(i used nero n some other softwares) but they didnt work

anyway i guess u didnt understand what i mean :S

Im asking for fixing of black screen problem. I read u can use WUM to fix the problem or any other method, thanks

QUOTE(Canonbeat234 @ Nov 27 2008, 03:49 PM) Why is your username look so familiar...

lol what do mean :S maybe uve played metal gear solid lol or might have seen my user on some other site :S

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What is WUM and the data dump file?

I don't understand for 95% of people, when you download the ISO just use a burning program and burn it to the DVD-R at 4x-8x.

Like the poster above what DVD's?

Solid_Snake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sstew said:
What is WUM and the data dump file?

I don't understand for 95% of people, when you download the ISO just use a burning program and burn it to the DVD-R at 4x-8x.

Like the poster above what DVD's?

Well im using sony 4.7gb disc dvd-r and well i read this post on a site so i thought it might be the fic "http://www.coderetard.com/2008/04/12/mario-kart-on-modded-wii-no-black-screen-freeze/"

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You don't have to use WUM at all, WUM only replace the update partition, and those games are so old that your wii will not even try to install it.
edit : read : those games were intended to run on original firmware, they will never ask for a 3.x, so the mario kart black screen solution should not correct your problem.

try imgburn, and verbatim DVD-R

which DVD brand are the working copied game you bought ?

edit 2 :
Do you know which modchip you have ?
maybe you need a config disk to make it read NTSC games properly.

edit 3 : try 60Hz too, and english language, often it's a scanline and frequency problem.

for your 3.4e, if you want to downgrade, see this post

Solid_Snake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
You don't have to use WUM at all, WUM only replace the update partition, and those games are so old that your wii will not even try to install it.
edit : read : those games were intended to run on original firmware, they will never ask for a 3.x, so the mario kart black screen solution should not correct your problem.

try imgburn, and verbatim DVD-R

which DVD brand are the working copied game you bought ?

edit 2 :
Do you know which modchip you have ?
maybe you need a config disk to make it read NTSC games properly.

edit 3 : try 60Hz too, and english language, often it's a scanline and frequency problem.

for your 3.4e, if you want to downgrade, see this post

Well im not sure if this might help but this is the information i got when i used wum to check the zelda iso

Game code : ZD game zone Ntsc usa (e) Game verison 1.0

And the working game which is mario kart heres the info : (since i also copied the iso file for mario kart off the working disc to check)

Game code : MC Gamezone : Pal Europe (p) Game version 1.0

About what modchip i have
huh.gif
well the guy who put it in showed me the chip and it said something like DSE or something like that on it he was saying the chips called magic or something
dry.gif

About the tv setting yeah ive tried all of those but still didnt work :S

About which brand of cd was used to mario kart - I dont know
frown.gif
well if i downgrade it will it work ? or what about free loader will that work i downloaded that too but when i insert in the wii i get an error probably cause of the 3.4 update
frown.gif
will it let free loader work if i downgrade it

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
just burn the damn iso's without changing anything, I'm 1000000000000000000000% sure they will work, if you already use WUM they are already cahnged, downlload again the iso's, and this time just burn them, if you want to patch the update, use WiU1.1

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
your mario kart is PAL, maybe you should try another PAL iso, just to be sure if it's the real problem.

DSE, might be D2E, no ? it's the Wii chipset version.
some modchip need additional soldering point to enable region free, and maybe the technician didn't sold it
frown.gif

if another PAL game is working, you may considere using a homebrew region free, like Starfall, GeckoOS or MenuLoader.

See tutorial to install Homebrew Channel (HBC) on Wii3.4 , and run geckoOS to test region free.

Solid_Snake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
your mario kart is PAL, maybe you should try another PAL iso, just to be sure if it's the real problem.

DSE, might be D2E, no ? it's the Wii chipset version.
some modchip need additional soldering point to enable region free, and maybe the technician didn't sold it
frown.gif

if another PAL game is working, you may considere using a homebrew region free, like Starfall, GeckoOS or MenuLoader.

See tutorial to install Homebrew Channel (HBC) on Wii3.4 , and run geckoOS to test region free.

Well when i checked the iso file for mario kart and it says its region free... when loaded on the drive (computer) it says region free dvd.

Well im not sure about the chip
frown.gif
well is there any way to install homebrew channel via iso or sd memory without the use of zelda twilight since thats the game im trying to run lol
frown.gif

And just now i tried zelda again but turned out patching it to pal it ws the same the...

Insert disc >>>game screen loads>>>shows zelda page>>>clicked start>>>and controller turns un syncd and wii freezes with a black screen
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro