Hacking Blank Acekard Icon On DSi?

yoyoatw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm currently on 1.4U and my Acekard 2i was working perfectly, until one day I turn on my DSi, and the Acekard 2i Danny Phantom Logo is missing, and there's a picture of a blank cart. All help will be appreciated. Here's a vid:

(BTW, check out my beastly pikachu pencil holder at 0:17)
tongue.gif

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUPJPDcNG8A[/youtube]

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bricked your AceKard.
Do you have access to another flashcart and DS/DSlite? If so download the 1.4.1 update (or 1.4 if you prefer and aren't updating your DSi) and run the DSl (l for Light not i) version from it then swap for your AceKard when it says to do so or says the current card cannot be updated.

yoyoatw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the fix, but it keeps saying "Update is Canceled, Please Reboot DS" at the bottom of the update screen. (Im using the right version and have the file in the root of the ds card etc)

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yoyoatw said:
I tried the fix, but it keeps saying "Update is Canceled, Please Reboot DS" at the bottom of the update screen. (Im using the right version and have the file in the root of the ds card etc)
Are you running it on the DSi?

yoyoatw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either way, i'm just trying to update my working Acekard now to 1.41. It says that "Update is Canceled, Please Reboot DS" every single time I try it.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yoyoatw said:
Either way, i'm just trying to update my working Acekard now to 1.41. It says that "Update is Canceled, Please Reboot DS" every single time I try it.
Use the DSi update since you're updating on a DSi.

RoboticBuddy said:
QUOTE(yoyoatw @ Mar 2 2011, 06:32 PM) Either way, i'm just trying to update my working Acekard now to 1.41. It says that "Update is Canceled, Please Reboot DS" every single time I try it.
try this
http://filetrip.net/g35129806-AceKard-2i-firmware.html
and while updating, leave it plugged into a charger, and dont press any buttons.
There's no need to download from an unverified source when it's easily downloadable from Acekard.com:
http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/ak2ifw_update_141x.zip

Also, he already has it so there's no sense in him re-downloading it -- especially from an unverified source.

yoyoatw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
yoyoatw said:
Use the DSi update since you're updating on a DSi.

RoboticBuddy said:
QUOTE(yoyoatw @ Mar 2 2011, 06:32 PM) Either way, i'm just trying to update my working Acekard now to 1.41. It says that "Update is Canceled, Please Reboot DS" every single time I try it.
try this
http://filetrip.net/g35129806-AceKard-2i-firmware.html
and while updating, leave it plugged into a charger, and dont press any buttons.
There's no need to download from an unverified source when it's easily downloadable from Acekard.com:
http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/ak2ifw_update_141x.zip

Also, he already has it so there's no sense in him re-downloading it -- especially from an unverified source.
I am using the DSi Version (don't think I'm stupid due to my post count Lol). This is what's happening:

Xid0P.jpg

EDIT: I think, the DSi thinks i'm pressing a button.
tongue.gif
(But im not)

yoyoatw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't even pressed a button yet. I've tried pressing start a multitiude of times and rebooting and doing the same thing but to no avail. The message comes up the very second I load the update.nds file (from the root).

IkariKun

Trophies
XP
Country
I had the exactly same problem and try reformatting several times as i read somewhere that could be it.

I format over six time, and also (dont know if is revelant) change a option before running update, "Homebrew Reset Type" from "defaut" to "Desabled

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IkariKun said:
I had the exactly same problem and try reformatting several times as i read somewhere that could be it.

I format over six time,
and also (dont know if is revelant) change a option before running update, "Homebrew Reset Type" from "defaut" to "Desabled
Flashing updates your AceKard.
Formatting formats your MicroSD. It will not fix anything related to the acekard itself.

Also, what exact problem?
You don't quote anyone and this topic has discussed a few issues.

IkariKun

Trophies
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
IkariKun said:

I format over six time,
and also (dont know if is revelant) change a option before running update, "Homebrew Reset Type" from "defaut" to "Desabled
Flashing updates your AceKard.
Formatting formats your MicroSD. It will not fix anything related to the acekard itself.

Also, what exact problem?
You don't quote anyone and this topic has discussed a few issues.

Im referring to the problem that update think´s you cancel it by pressing any key other than start, mention by yoyoatw.
Any way, i believe that bad reading an update file from the sdcard have everything to do on how it was Formatted, and the "Homebrew Reset Type" is less probable to be the cause.

Sorry if my grammar is not perfect, English is not my first language.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IkariKun said:
Im referring to the problem that update think´s you cancel it by pressing any key other than start, mention by yoyoatw.
Any way, i believe that bad reading an update file from the sdcard have everything to do on how it was Formatted, and the "Homebrew Reset Type" is less probable to be the cause.

Sorry if my grammar is not perfect, English is not my first language.
You use of the language is fine... not perfect (Still better than most young teen Americans), but still easy to understand.

As for your problem, the 'automatic' cancel... It's usually caused by one of a few different things:
1). Using the DSL update on a DSI -- I recommend using the DSI update on all systems. The DSI and DSL updates are the same, except DSL asks you to swap cards, which fails on the DSi.
2). You accidentally press a button while it's starting -- I've done it and scared myself.
3). You have a stuck button somewhere -- Which is why I said to 'mash' the A/B/X/Y buttons above, sometimes that gets them unstuck.

It's also possible that you have a clone that is non-updatable, but if you can run AKAIO 1.8.6a then it's less likely.
Does it give you any Chip ID or HWID?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol