XP
Country
Austria
Ak2i_Pippa_Funnell_4.3.0_update_icon.png
Pippa Funnell (3DS 4.3.0-10)
Filetrip: Mirror
Mega: Mirror
Google: Mirror
Either I'm doing something completely wrong or all of these updater-files are the same files as the stock updaters, except for "Hello Kitty" (DSi v1.4.3 & 3DS 2.1.0-3/2.1.0-4).
At least those files on the Google-mirrors, the other mirrors are down.

And the archive with the most important file (Pippa Funnell) is either broken (Google) or gone (Mega, Filetrip).
The Curse of the Horse!

Anybody got a backup?

Last edited by Elbart,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Either I'm doing something completely wrong or all of these updater-files are the same files as the stock updaters, except for "Hello Kitty" (DSi v1.4.3 & 3DS 2.1.0-3/2.1.0-4).

And the archive with the most important file (Pippa Funnell) is either broken (Google) or gone (Mega, Filetrip).
The Curse of the Horse!

Anybody got a backup?
The main post does contain the web archive of all of the update files.
https://web.archive.org/web/20120628114903/http://www.acekard.com:80/download/ak2/
I believe it's this link
https://web.archive.org/web/2012062.../download/ak2/ak2ifw_update_3ds4.0_dsi144.zip

Last edited by The Catboy,

Elbart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
But all the modified updaters, except the one modding the "Hello Kitty"-header away, are the same files (checksums match) as the stock updaters, that can't work.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
But all the modified updaters, except the one modding the "Hello Kitty"-header away, are the same files (checksums match) as the stock updaters, that can't work.
Honestly, I am pretty sure all of the links, except for the web archive one, are broken.

Elbart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I just downloaded the files with the supposedly modded headers from the Google-Drive-links an hour ago.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I just downloaded the files with the supposedly modded headers from the Google-Drive-links an hour ago.
I am really confused, are you downloading the files from the OP? Because those should (if they aren't broken) be just the same files as the ones in the web archive link

Elbart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I am really confused, are you downloading the files from the OP? Because those should (if they aren't broken) be just the same files as the ones in the web archive link
I'm understanding it like this:
The web-archive-link for www.acekard.com has all the stock updaters from 2010/2011/2012 made by Acekard with all the weird game-headers like HORSE
and Danny Phantom
01_ak2i_bootloader_wiki_df_icon.gif
etc.
The Filetrip/Google Drive/Mega-links have (or had) your modified updaters from 2017(?), which are flashing the flashcart with the firmware to whatever DSi/3DS-version that update is meant to support, but with the header changed to the old AK2i-logo
96260-9a7faa2617397c4df2acad8cc89c2e22.jpg

Or were the updaters with the original AK2i-logo made by Acekard in the first place?

Or am I completely mistaken and there are no modified updaters to begin with, and all it takes to get the original logo is to launch the original unmodified Acekard-made updaters through "NTR Launcher" on the 3|2DS to get the old A2ki-logo back?

EDIT:
But in any case, the flashcart updated in this way cannot work on any DSi-versions pre-1.4.5, even if the stock firmware-update-version would support it. To get the flashcart to work like that again, one has to flash it again using a NDS/DSLite, is that correct?

Last edited by Elbart,

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm understanding it like this:
The web-archive-link for www.acekard.com has all the stock updaters from 2010/2011/2012 made by Acekard with all the weird game-headers like HORSE
and Danny Phantom
01_ak2i_bootloader_wiki_df_icon.gif
etc.
The Filetrip/Google Drive/Mega-links have (or had) your modified updaters from 2017(?), which are flashing the flashcart with the firmware to whatever DSi/3DS-version that update is meant to support, but with the header changed to the old AK2i-logo
96260-9a7faa2617397c4df2acad8cc89c2e22.jpg

Or were the updaters with the original AK2i-logo made by Acekard in the first place?

Or am I completely mistaken and there are no modified updaters to begin with, and all it takes to get the original logo is to launch the original unmodified Acekard-made updaters through "NTR Launcher" on the 3|2DS to get the old A2ki-logo back?

EDIT:
But in any case, the flashcart updated in this way cannot work on any DSi-versions pre-1.4.5, even if the stock firmware-update-version would support it. To get the flashcart to work like that again, one has to flash it again using a NDS/DSLite, is that correct?
A lot of the information in the OP is pretty outdated but the icon issue isn’t the result of modification, but most likely just weird header nonsense at the time when they were created. They show up as the AK2i on the DS lite, but they should show up as the game icon on the DSi. The updaters do work on the 3DS and DSi but require a CFW and most likely being launched from an application like Twimenu++. It’s easier to upgrade/downgrade using a DS.

Elbart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
And to get the AK2-logo to be displayed when the flashcart is used in a 3DS with CFW, I have to do what?

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Ahh I see I'm not the only one that's done this. only I replaced the entire rom the cart used in the second rom section with a copy of the first rom. I didn't just replace the header. I replaced the rom + blowfish key the cart used which essentially makes what ever rom it used previously a mute point. Currently though I use a custom bootstrap now so I can hold B on boot to show a hbmenu type filebrowser where I can boot something else besides the akmenu nds file on the cart. :D

You're free to use my backup of my cart to use it if you want. This backup is intended for hw revision 88 by the way. (not intended for hw44. You'll have to extract my rom and adapt it for your hw44 if you have a fw44...assuming there's room for it to fit? I'm not sure how much space you get for it on hw44 but if limited to 128KB or so like the first rom section for hw88 then this won't work on those carts)

Anyways this bootstrap is basically a modified version of hbmenu that autoboots akmenu.nds on cart's sd card by default and holding B on boot shows a fancy file browser. Unlike stock hbmenu mine has a custom bottom screen graphic with custom font (used the font from Godmode9i).

The top screen graphic is also modified. It's got the DS Menu theme if you are curious as to what I went with that. :D

Attachments

• ak2i-backup.zip
    9.5 MB · Views: 7

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This backup is intended for hw revision 88 by the way. (not intended for hw44. You'll have to extract my rom and adapt it for your hw44 if you have a fw44...assuming there's room for it to fit? I'm not sure how much space you get for it on hw44 but if limited to 128KB or so like the first rom section for hw88 then this won't work on those carts)
HW88? You mean HW81?

Reactions: The Catboy

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ahh I see I'm not the only one that's done this. only I replaced the entire rom the cart used in the second rom section with a copy of the first rom. I didn't just replace the header. I replaced the rom + blowfish key the cart used which essentially makes what ever rom it used previously a mute point. Currently though I use a custom bootstrap now so I can hold B on boot to show a hbmenu type filebrowser where I can boot something else besides the akmenu nds file on the cart. :D

You're free to use my backup of my cart to use it if you want. This backup is intended for hw revision 88 by the way. (not intended for hw44. You'll have to extract my rom and adapt it for your hw44 if you have a fw44...assuming there's room for it to fit? I'm not sure how much space you get for it on hw44 but if limited to 128KB or so like the first rom section for hw88 then this won't work on those carts)

Anyways this bootstrap is basically a modified version of hbmenu that autoboots akmenu.nds on cart's sd card by default and holding B on boot shows a fancy file browser. Unlike stock hbmenu mine has a custom bottom screen graphic with custom font (used the font from Godmode9i).

The top screen graphic is also modified. It's got the DS Menu theme if you are curious as to what I went with that. :D
This was an idea I was playing around with for years. Never got far but I did see my project’s spirit live on in this
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-change-your-r4s-icon-and-label.617723/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all