Homebrew [Beta] Spider DS Profile RopLoader (4.x only)

Faydodo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I'm using palentine because giovanify's gives me an error when i launch the ds exploit, and I've been trying for hours to install devmenu but all it does when I run the .bat is failed to connect to crc client
It seems the CFW freezes soon after too
I've seen many having the same problem but is really just keep trying the solution??

Thanks

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alrighty here's another question, I installed DevMenu, opened it up and all that jazz, but when I went to open it up (haven't installed emuNAND, after replacing the title and import and cfw files) and it's gone! Is there anyway to make it stay there permanently or be able to load it from when you start up the 3DS?

1st of all you need to install the REDNAND (there is no way you can boot in too the cfw with out that installed at lest thats what happend when i tested that). and after you are in CFW you install DevMenu then after you turn off your 3DS you will have to reload back intoo the CFW every time by holding L going to the DS profile there is no way at this time and its not safe to install it permanently on System nand. Ya it sucks having to reload back intoo it but its worth it tho.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm using palentine because giovanify's gives me an error when i launch the ds exploit, and I've been trying for hours to install devmenu but all it does when I run the .bat is failed to connect to crc client
It seems the CFW freezes soon after too
I've seen many having the same problem but is really just keep trying the solution??

Thanks

Then you have done something wrong redo it going by what i posted https://gbatemp.net/threads/beta-spider-ds-profile-roploader-4-x-only.380725/page-4#post-5324110 Like I have told others even tho you did it redo it to a T on what is listed.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
on the bottom of the internet settings the version is 1.7455
i tired clearing cookies and history without success
i need to find the offsets for 3ds 2.1-3.0
You said your version is 1.7455, it correspond to System menu 4.x so the exploit from the first page's link should work.

I don't know if you can use gateway ROP and edit the filename to load from SD, but you can find all the ROP for all browser version on the wiki :
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Spider_exploit
You will have to edit the encrypted string to edit the filename to load.

Maybe it won't work if it require a specific ROP to launch code.bin

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ah, you are right.
I inverted the user agent version on wikitemp's spider exploit page. I'll fix it.
thanks

So I'm probably in the same case, I updated my console with a 4.5 game.
That's why Ninjhax doesn't work for me.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
since MT_INSTALLER.nds is a form of DS rom, would it be possible to run DS Rom's from the run browser? Or install them at the DS Profile exploit?
This isn't running the NDS file, I'm assuming this just writes the DS profile exploit to NVRAM from 3ds mode, it's was just that back in the day (yeah we have one of those for the 3ds now) the only way to write to NVRAM was via DS mode, but now that there is an exploit that can run in 3ds mode that doesn't require the DS profile exploit to run it, you can use exploit B to install the ds profile hack which is used to run exploit A

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
This isn't running the NDS file, I'm assuming this just writes the DS profile exploit to NVRAM from 3ds mode, it's was just that back in the day (yeah we have one of those for the 3ds now) the only way to write to NVRAM was via DS mode, but now that there is an exploit that can run in 3ds mode that doesn't require the DS profile exploit to run it, you can use exploit B to install the ds profile hack which is used to run exploit A

Perhaps someone will figure out how to trigger the web browser exploit using MSETT. (sorta the other way around compared to using web browser to install MSETT ROP code) The spider hax triggers an Arm9 exploit via Arm11 kernel exploit. Perhaps one could take the web browser out of the equation and get the MSETT exploit to become the new entry point for that. If that is successful you could use the MSETT exploit on 6.x sysnand! The DS Profile entry point wasn't patched till 7.x and the 6.x firmware uses the new save encryption, so there could be a benefit of using that on 6.x. ;)

Reactions: AtlanticBit

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Perhaps someone will figure out how to trigger the web browser exploit using MSETT. (sorta the other way around compared to using web browser to install MSETT ROP code) The spider hax triggers an Arm9 exploit via Arm11 kernel exploit. Perhaps one could take the web browser out of the equation and get the MSETT exploit to become the new entry point for that. If that is successful you could use the MSETT exploit on 6.x sysnand! The DS Profile entry point wasn't patched till 7.x and the 6.x firmware uses the new save encryption, so there could be a benefit of using that on 6.x. ;)
Yeah, I was wondering why gateway didn't go down that route, then only provide 6.x downgrade packs, thus cutting off Mt/cfw users from using their downgrader for anything other than gateway, plus then they would've had a viable offline option for all current users as the 2ds can also be downgraded to 6.x

yifan_lu

@yifanlu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Really no point. The only way to do that is to overwrite spider memory through gspwn (aka same thing ninjhax is doing). At that point, you might as well just overwrite spider code like ninjhax.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Updated my tutorial with FIXED CFW downloads. (i.e old ones froze)

Good deal. My issue was also the same cfw problem. i also found that if you corrupt the emuNand all you have to do is go back and reformat with the gateway utilities and start from there. i also learned that some members here are dicks for no reason, whether they now how to help or not. not you, and i wont mention names, leerpsp, but you know who you are.

belforrrr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Updated my tutorial with FIXED CFW downloads. (i.e old ones froze)

Still freezes trying to launch MT Launcher at step 10a crashes to Home screen and a prompt appears saying that the system will be rebooted. Did everything exactly as told in your guide, no luck.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good deal. My issue was also the same cfw problem. i also found that if you corrupt the emuNand all you have to do is go back and reformat with the gateway utilities and start from there. i also learned that some members here are dicks for no reason, whether they now how to help or not. not you, and i wont mention names, leerpsp, but you know who you are.
Sorry it was not my intention to come off as a dick I was thinking I was being funny at the time when I was trying to help you. >Sorry<.

Reactions: WeedZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: