Gateway DS Profile Exploit on 9.2

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by EmanueleBGN, Jul 23, 2015.

1. EmanueleBGN
    OP

EmanueleBGN GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2015
    Italy
    Hello,
    I've tried to downgrade DS Profile of my Old 3DS with 9.2 firmware to load Gateway mode without Internet connection and without downgrade my 3DS to 4.5.

Here what I've done.

1. I followed this post:
    1. Pick whether you want to boot a (Gateway-encrypted) Launcher.dat [...].
    1a. code.bin for Launcher.dat's: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=47753777289998764895 [...]
    2. Put whichever code.bin on the root of your SD card [...]
    3. Put the SD card back in the 3DS
    4. Clear your 3DS internet browser history and cookies
    5. Point your 3DS browser at http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/rop/?LoadCode4.dat&code.bin [...]
    6. Wait for the browser to crash (should give a "Please save what you were doing and restart" message)
    You now have mset installed for whichever thing you want - [...] the Launcher.dat code.bin will launch any Gateway-encrypted launcher.dat (that is, if something gives you a Launcher.dat and a Launcher_GW.dat you're gonna need the Launcher_GW.dat renamed to Launcher.dat)​

So, now my DS Profile should be ready (but it isn't).

2. I used FBI to install "Proper Old DS Cart Enable", so now Gateway Blue is compatible with my 9.2 3DS.
    3. I installed the Gateway Exploit as usual for 4.x 3DS...
    But Gateway Red don't load via DS Profile button, so DS Profile wasn't downgraded.

Is there a way to downgrade MSET DS Profile in old 3DS? I searched for long time, but I found nothing...

2. Vappy

Vappy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 23, 2012
    Gateway doesn't support downgraded MSET for O3DS. rxTools and CakesFW both do, you could use one of them instead?

3. EmanueleBGN
    OP

Jul 22, 2015
    Italy
    I haven't tried, because the quoted post says that there are two different "code.bin" files: one for Launcher.dat and one for rxTools [I removed the part of rxTools from my quote in the first post, because I tried to load GW]

4. EmceeKerser

EmceeKerser GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 3, 2014
    The fuckin' Blue Mountains brah
    Yes it works. Here's what I did for my 9.2 o3DS

Install 6.x MSET system settings
    get code.bin
    Use the link you posted to install the mset exploit

thats it really. Only difference was 6.x mset. Also Im using rxtools, not gateway

5. EmanueleBGN
    OP

Jul 22, 2015
    Italy
    Or... I could use 3DNUS to download the 4.5 MSET and then install it with FBI; what do you think?

Edit:
    IT WORKS IN EMUNAND!
    (Now I have to found the courage to do this in sysNAND xD)

Edit2:
    But if I press "DS Profile" button in emuNAND occurs an error

Attached Files:

Last edited by EmanueleBGN, Jul 23, 2015
  6. EmceeKerser

EmceeKerser GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 3, 2014
    The fuckin' Blue Mountains brah
    I tried it with 4.5 system settings on 9.2, but it didnt work for me. Worked with 6.x though, so thats what ive been recommending.