Gaming Bayonetta 2 announced as Wii-U exclusive

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, are you saying PG may switch over completely?
I dunno, maybe they will have the same agreement with Sega where they'll get to publish four games or whatever. I mean they still have Metal Gear Rising for Konami to complete.

Their games haven't really appealed to the mass public (even as Clover), they fit with the niche gamers and they make their budget back with a little profit but I'm not sure that is something Nintendo is aiming for but then Nintendo purchased the Fatal Frame series and that's hardly a best seller. Nintendo could give them some of their franchises but I don't see PG wanting to do that all the time. To be fair Sega & Capcom didn't exactly give them the best coverage in terms of advertisements.

Bayonetta did do over a million sales which is pretty good for a new IP especially with its lead character and theme, I doubt we'll see that on one format unless the Wii U does extremely well (I think WiiU will do better than what most think it will) and Nintendo promotes it heavily and even still it's kinda a long shot.

kimekaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it odd that people are bitching at nintendo for publishing Bayonetta 2 when for all we know the game wouldn't have been around at all without them. If you were a real fan of the game then you'd stop bitching that the game isn't on the console you want and just be happy that its even around in the first place, odds are you'll all get to play it some day anyway.

In all honesty if their last resort was exclusivity through Nintendo as a publisher then that doesn't exactly show a very promising future for the franchise.

Like if no one wanted to pick up publishing this, what makes a release on a more limited platform for the better? I'm glad the game exists but I'd be more glad if it was on a console I used.

SEGA has dropped a huge chunk of franchises due to financial issues. If a franchise is dropped, it is highly unlikely that KONAMI, SQUARE or SONY will pick it up. Especially in todays industry. Nintendo stepped up and footed the bill. As Fans of the series, the least you can do is put some money where your mouth is.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SEGA has dropped a huge chunk of franchises due to financial issues. If a franchise is dropped, it is highly unlikely that KONAMI, SQUARE or SONY will pick it up. Especially in todays industry. Nintendo stepped up and footed the bill. As Fans of the series, the least you can do is put some money where your mouth is.

I mean they could go to tons of publishers though but none of them were willing to pick it up.

My point is that Nintendo had to foot the bill for this game almost as a vote of no confidence. If the franchise had good prospects then it would have been picked up by a multitude of other developers.

And I'm sure fans will love a sequel but paying $300 for a new console to play it? That's not exactly what I see happening.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Look at all those "hardcore" gamers raging over a game. Just buy the WiiU, play the game you want, resell it, done. Oh wait, maybe they hate Nintendo so much that they can't buy a console because of that? Real mature.

Maybe it hurts their "macho-gamer" identity? :rofl2:

Buying a console for one game is by far the dumbest thing a person can do.
Coming for the guy that bought a wii for SSBB and would have sold that ''shit'' if piracy wasn't rampant.

Reactions: 1 person

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont get it nintendo pretty much save the series and people get mad why i mean they shuld be happy

but those comments i seen in facebook and twitter cmon people we are showing a bad image to other people

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I mean they could go to tons of publishers though but none of them were willing to pick it up.

My point is that Nintendo had to foot the bill for this game almost as a vote of no confidence. If the franchise had good prospects then it would have been picked up by a multitude of other developers.

And I'm sure fans will love a sequel but paying $300 for a new console to play it? That's not exactly what I see happening.
Yeah, being picked up and having the bill "footed" by one of the Big Three is TOTALLY a vote of no-confidence. Makes total sense. /sarcasm

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would love to understand Ninty's rational for publishing this. Yeah its for the 'hardcore' crowd but Platinum Games have never been huge sellers. And than take into account Ninty's unwillingness/stubbornness to publish the Operation Rainfall games in North America. A logical explanation could be Ninty are going to put money and effort into marketing to appeal to the 'core' crowd. The only issue I can see with that is wheter Western audiences will buy into it, cause let's be honest Japanese developed haven't had a great couple of years. I certainly don't see the stereotypical Wii audience going for it (HI MADWORLD!) because the steroptypical Wii audience don't actually like video games. Saying that I have give Ninty credit for actually taking a ballsy move for improving the Nintendo library, especially how nominally conservative they've been with software.

I enjoyed Bayonetta and I can't say I enjoyed it enough to pay a couple of hundred pounds to buy a new console to play the sequel.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is a reaction from a certain gamer:http://www.nintendo-...to-bayonetta-2/

To be honest I completely agree with him. Those bashing at nintendo because 'they can't have hardcore games' or ' Hardcore games belong ot Microsoft and Sony only', I'm sorry but you don't even deserve to be called a gamer.

This is a completely humerous take of the situation XD: http://www.nintendo-...nternet-fanboy/
Ahh fanboyism, causing blindness and childish tantrum... XD

*Daffy Duck style: How dessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssspicable. XD

Reactions: 5 people

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is a reaction from a certain gamer:http://www.nintendo-...to-bayonetta-2/

To be honest I completely agree with him. Those bashing at nintendo because 'they can't have hardcore games' or ' Hardcore games belong ot Microsoft and Sony only', I'm sorry but you don't even deserve to be called a gamer.

This is a completely humerous take of the situation XD: http://www.nintendo-...nternet-fanboy/
Ahh fanboyism... XD
Lovely articles :rofl: Really enjoyed the second one. Made me laugh a lot :D

Reactions: 3 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, being picked up and having the bill "footed" by one of the Big Three is TOTALLY a vote of no-confidence. Makes total sense. /sarcasm

What I'm saying is that it's a vote of no confidence by everyone else if Nintendo has to dump money into the project because no one else will.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In all honesty I'm glad Nintendo made this move. It shows those who are encouraging nintendo to do it, those that disagrees with the company but are still level-headed enough to explain why without spouting ridiculous opinions, and those that are bashing Nintendo out of pure hate.
In other words, it shows those who are truly gamers and those who are not.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In all honesty I'm glad Nintendo made this move. It shows those who are encouraging nintendo to do it, those that disagrees with the company but are still level-headed enough to explain why without spouting ridiculous opinions, and those that are bashing Nintendo out of pure hate.
In other words, it shows those who are truly gamers and those who are not.

I would regard myself as a false gamer. Similar to a false 9.

I'm sure no American/non football fan will understand that reference.

Reactions: 3 people

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
What I'm saying is that it's a vote of no confidence by everyone else if Nintendo has to dump money into the project because no one else will.
We don't know if Nintendo "had" to do that. For all we know, Sega said no, Nintendo saw an opportunity, threw enough money at Platinum so they could be able to say they have a third party "hardcore" exclusive, and Platinum said yes. That's really what I think it boils down to, honestly.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

lufere7

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Haven't played bayonetta, looks like a good game, not a system seller for me though. Although it's nice to see Nintendo is actually focusing more on 3rd parties this time around.

So did anyone understand my false 9 reference?
So you're saying you play on the best team? (Spain, Barcelona)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Finally there are people here