Gaming Bayonetta 2 announced as Wii-U exclusive

BlueStar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/09/13/bayonetta-2-announced-for-wii-u?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Not everyone's cup of tea, but it's quite a coup. Exclusive 3rd party games is something Nintendo lacked with the Wii. Pretty sure I heard him say on Nintendo Direct that Nintendo themselves were publishing.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From I see:

Sega didn't want Bayonetta 2 because they're not exactly in tip top condition to put out games like this at retail.
Nintendo wanted it.
Nintendo ponied up the cash to publish it.
Nintendo has it as a WiiU exclusive.

So I guess this game only exists because of Nintendo, so yeah you could bitch and moan that it's not on 360/PS3 but then if it wasn't for Nintendo it may not have existed in the first place.

Also: Bayonetta in Smash Bros?

Reactions: 8 people

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn what horrible news.

Ninty must have paid a shit ton of cash to get this, basically enough to cover all the potential losses from 360/PS3 sales.
From what I understand this was started a while ago but Sega wouldn't publish it and they couldn't get a better deal elsewhere.

I'm getting a feeling that Nintendo may have even bought PG and that would be amazing to see them on Nintendo's side.

BlueStar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn what horrible news.

Ninty must have paid a shit ton of cash to get this, basically enough to cover all the potential losses from 360/PS3 sales.

They're publishing it. It probably wouldn't have existed if they hadn't picked it up.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully they the last half of the game will be as good as the first half, the first game kinda went off nearer to the end.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From I see:
Sega didn't want Bayonetta 2 because they're not exactly in tip top condition to put out games like this at retail.
Nintendo wanted it.
Nintendo ponied up the cash to publish it.
Nintendo has it as a WiiU exclusive.
So I guess this game only exists because of Nintendo, so yeah you could bitch and moan that it's not on 360/PS3 but then if it wasn't for Nintendo it may not have existed in the first place.
the same could apply to Tecmo's Fatal Frame, no? :unsure:

BlueStar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If I understand correctly, people are angry at the Wii U getting AAA third party exclusives because they don't want to buy the Wii U because it doesn't get AAA third party exclusives?

Reactions: 4 people

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If I understand correctly, people are angry at the Wii U getting AAA third party exclusives because they don't want to buy the Wii U because it doesn't get AAA third party exclusives?
Dude, my head just exploded :P

But the first Bayonetta was't really my cup of tea. I thought the combat was brilliant but I think Games like God of War, which may be not very compareable are imo more fun, since they are more diveresed and not so combat driven, even though I know the combat is not as deep.

But I can understand that Bayonetta wants to be exactely that...

Reactions: 2 people

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Damn what horrible news.

Umad.png

Not mad just disappointed. I am a fan of the original game and of PG but there is no way I will be buying a Wii U so I'll just have to pass on this one.
I also find it hard to believe that PG couldn't find a single publisher for the game.
It will end up being another Madworld, great game that no one buys because it's on the wrong platform.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.