Gaming Bayonetta 2 announced as Wii-U exclusive

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not mad just disappointed. I am a fan of the original game and of PG but there is no way i will be buying a Wii U so I'll just have to pass on this one.
Why exclude a WiiU from the get going? It's shaping up as a great system, with lots of great titles.

As far as we know, the WiiU might beat the PS4 and the 720 when it comes to hardcore games.

Reactions: 2 people

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not mad just disappointed. I am a fan of the original game and of PG but there is no way i will be buying a Wii U so I'll just have to pass on this one.
Why exclude a WiiU from the get going? It's shaping up as a great system, with lots of great titles.

As far as we know, the WiiU might beat the PS4 and the 720 when it comes to hardcore games.
Which is EXACTLY what Nintendo want.

Check this: http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=185428#p697268

R
age filled comments everywhere.

Reactions: 1 person

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the only thing that will sell less than Bayonetta 2 is Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U only.

Considering that Platinum Games got pretty badly burned by Nintendo when they developed for them, I don't see why they'd chose to make Bayonetta 2 an exclusive.

Odds are though it'll go multiplat eventually.

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Check this: http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=185428#p697268

R
age filled comments everywhere.
Look at all those "hardcore" gamers raging over a game. Just buy the WiiU, play the game you want, resell it, done. Oh wait, maybe they hate Nintendo so much that they can't buy a console because of that? Real mature.

Maybe it hurts their "macho-gamer" identity? :rofl2:

Reactions: 11 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at all those "hardcore" gamers raging over a game. Just buy the WiiU, play the game you want, resell it, done. Oh wait, maybe they hate Nintendo so much that they can't buy a console because of that? Real mature.

Buying a console for one game is by far the dumbest thing a person can do.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I understand correctly, people are angry at the Wii U getting AAA third party exclusives because they don't want to buy the Wii U because it doesn't get AAA third party exclusives?
ikr
Not mad just disappointed. I am a fan of the original game and of PG but there is no way I will be buying a Wii U so I'll just have to pass on this one.
I also find it hard to believe that PG couldn't find a single publisher for the game.
It will end up being another Madworld, great game that no one buys because it's on the "wrong" platform.
That's the problem right there, people whine to Nintendo about them then give such games the cold shoulder anyway just because it's Nintendo,
Anyway, Wii u may not have the issue of getting current and future multiplats. That the biggest issue they had, if they have that constantly they
should swing them over.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the problem right there, people whine about them towards Nintendo then give such games the cold shoulder anyway just because it's Nintendo,
Anyway, Wii u may not have the issue of getting current and future multiplats. That the big issue they had, if they have that constantly they
should swing over.

I think he's giving it the cold shoulder because the console is unappealing, not because it's Nintendo.

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Buying a console for one game is by far the dumbest thing a person can do.
Then one should just deal with it and not play the damned game, instead of raging all over the internet because it's not coming over the platforms they already have.

Or maybe, y'know, give the darn system a chance and try to enjoy it and the other games that will get released on it, instead of bashing it all over teh internetz COZ NINTENDO SUX

Reactions: 9 people

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the problem right there, people whine about them towards Nintendo then give such games the cold shoulder anyway just because it's Nintendo,
Anyway, Wii u may not have the issue of getting current and future multiplats. That the big issue they had, if they have that constantly they
should swing over.

I think he's giving it the cold shoulder because the console is unappealing, not because it's Nintendo.
If it unappealing to him specifically then I have no problem with that. I was more referencing the people of that site in general.
Most people are basing around the web is at Nintendo rather then the console. They could give them everything they want while
selling at a lost and It still wouldn't be enough.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should swing over.

If it unappealing to him specifically then I have no problem with that. I was more referencing the people of that site in general.

I'm still wondering why a site called GoNintendo would have anyone who isn't a Nintendrone on it anyway.

That's like having a dedicated sector of Nintendrones on the Playstation Blog.

Reactions: 2 people

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the only thing that will sell less than Bayonetta 2 is Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U only.

Considering that Platinum Games got pretty badly burned by Nintendo when they developed for them, I don't see why they'd chose to make Bayonetta 2 an exclusive.

Nope

nintnedo plublished the game them selfs it will never be multiplat

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shit. No Bayonetta on PlayStation. And I really don't want to get a WiiU. FU ninty *;|

Stop complaining!

I bought Wii until I saw some neat games on PS3 then I bought PS3 slim cheaper at pawn store. No big deal. Two is better than one. :) You silly!

If I understand correctly, people are angry at the Wii U getting AAA third party exclusives because they don't want to buy the Wii U because it doesn't get AAA third party exclusives?

They are just babies! They can always buy Wii U if they want to buy PS4. No big deal. They are immature and silly! :)

@Guild McCommunist,

Read it carefully. Nintendo published it which mean it won't go multiplatform. Buying Wii U and buy other console: Two is better than one. :)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nintendo offered to publish it after Sega declined on it and with The Wonderful 101 also being published by Nintendo, it seems like PG are getting very friendly with Nintendo.

And no, this won't go multiplatform, Nintendo is the publisher.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nintendo offered to publish it after Sega declined on it and with The Wonderful 101 also being published by Nintendo, it seems like PG are getting very friendly with Nintendo.

So, are you saying PG may switch over completely?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ugh, laaaame.

Although honestly the issue Platinum has is that its games just don't sell. I really don't know how long this Nintendo publishing parade will continue if games are not selling.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Check this: http://www.gonintend...=185428#p697268

Rage filled comments everywhere.

That is exactly what I'm thinking. :D
With all the games releasing as exclusive on WiiU + all the great games appealing a great diversity of audience, Nintendo is fucking doing things right,

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

So, are you saying PG may switch over completely?
Metal Gear Rising exclusive for WiiU? :creep:

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it odd that people are bitching at nintendo for publishing Bayonetta 2 when for all we know the game wouldn't have been around at all without them. If you were a real fan of the game then you'd stop bitching that the game isn't on the console you want and just be happy that its even around in the first place, odds are you'll all get to play it some day anyway.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it odd that people are bitching at nintendo for publishing Bayonetta 2 when for all we know the game wouldn't have been around at all without them. If you were a real fan of the game then you'd stop bitching that the game isn't on the console you want and just be happy that its even around in the first place, odds are you'll all get to play it some day anyway.

In all honesty if their last resort was exclusivity through Nintendo as a publisher then that doesn't exactly show a very promising future for the franchise.

Like if no one wanted to pick up publishing this, what makes a release on a more limited platform for the better? I'm glad the game exists but I'd be more glad if it was on a console I used.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.