"Batman: Arkham Trilogy" gets a confirmed release date of October 13th for Nintendo Switch

F3lWWwKXgAATeqN.jpg

The classic Batman: Arkham games will see a new release for the Nintendo Switch, after much speculation and rumours about a collection coming to the hybrid console, and it has finally been given a release date. While Turn Me Up Games are the ones in charge of developing the trilogy for this new release; Rocksteady Studios, the developers behind 3 out of the 4 original Arkham games, have given a final release date through their social media, which has been set for October 13th, 2023.

The trilogy seems to be exclusive to the Nintendo Switch, as a specific article on Warner Bros. Games' website about the trilogy package has a short FAQ, in which they specifically mention that "Batman: Arkham Trilogy is only scheduled to release on Nintendo Switch". However, only 3 out of the 4 Arkham games, excluding Batman: Arkham Origins from what could-have-been a collection of the whole series, and this could have been due to the fact that said game was instead developed by Warner Bros. Games Montreal while Rocksteady Studios were working on Arkham Knight.

The trilogy will consist of Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham City and Batman: Arkham Knight, with each and every game in the package having all the previously released DLC included into their respective games.

As usual with most collections or packages of franchises released for the Nintendo Switch, only the very first game (Arkham Asylum) will be included in the cartridge, while both Arkham City and Arkham Knight will require an online connection to download and install said games into the Switch.

:arrow: Batman: Arkham Trilogy page on Warner Bros. Games

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As usual with most collections or packages of franchises released for the Nintendo Switch, only the very first game (Arkham Asylum) will be included in the cartridge, while both Arkham City and Arkham Knight will require an online connection to download and install said games into the Switch.
Lmao

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Wonder if the Switch graphics will be comparable to Ps3 or 360?
Great series series btw, I already bought them on Ps3 but I want em on my Erista...sail tha Seven Seas.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ugh, just buy it on fanatical for like $7 and play on steam deck or PC. You're downloading 2/3rds onto an SD card anyway and you can run those games on a toaster these days.

Reactions: CharlesDeGaulle

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch physical games are becoming kind of useless for the point of having the games wholly while piracy actually favors game preservation in that the whole content is preserved.

Physical or digital... Not much difference anymore and someday it'll be just digital.

Reactions: E1ite007 and CoolMe

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
A) I like how Batman: Arkham Origins has been seemingly excluded from this canon, due to not being made by Rocksteady. That's just funny - it's such a black sheep, even more than Knight.

B) I've only ever found Asylum and Knight to be enjoyable games, out of these three; Asylum is nice, simple Batman with no additional gimmicks, and Knight speeds up city traversal through the Bat-launcher upgrades and faster gliding (not to mention the Batmobile, if you don't want to glide), not to mention the huge variety of thug types that makes stealth and combat both more interesting.
City...it's got slow gliding, meaning it takes ages to get around the map, and it doesn't yet have that thug variety, so I don't like it as much as the others.

C) Ah, the Switch...unable to offer all three physically. At this point, why not make it a digital-only release, if it's already 2/3 digital-only?

Reactions: Redhorse

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While it probably should have came sooner, I can see why Knight might have delayed them a bit. Like how we are still waiting for Harry Potter.
If that happens it'll be massively downgraded and need to download the game because they use an 8GB or 16GB cart only.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something must be up with licensing to always leave out batman arkham origins and batman arkham origins blackgate from batman collections.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PC version is the best, because the remasters fucked up the art style and lighting in a lot of places. For example...

1692151589001.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto