"Batman: Arkham Trilogy" gets a confirmed release date of October 13th for Nintendo Switch

F3lWWwKXgAATeqN.jpg

The classic Batman: Arkham games will see a new release for the Nintendo Switch, after much speculation and rumours about a collection coming to the hybrid console, and it has finally been given a release date. While Turn Me Up Games are the ones in charge of developing the trilogy for this new release; Rocksteady Studios, the developers behind 3 out of the 4 original Arkham games, have given a final release date through their social media, which has been set for October 13th, 2023.

The trilogy seems to be exclusive to the Nintendo Switch, as a specific article on Warner Bros. Games' website about the trilogy package has a short FAQ, in which they specifically mention that "Batman: Arkham Trilogy is only scheduled to release on Nintendo Switch". However, only 3 out of the 4 Arkham games, excluding Batman: Arkham Origins from what could-have-been a collection of the whole series, and this could have been due to the fact that said game was instead developed by Warner Bros. Games Montreal while Rocksteady Studios were working on Arkham Knight.

The trilogy will consist of Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham City and Batman: Arkham Knight, with each and every game in the package having all the previously released DLC included into their respective games.

As usual with most collections or packages of franchises released for the Nintendo Switch, only the very first game (Arkham Asylum) will be included in the cartridge, while both Arkham City and Arkham Knight will require an online connection to download and install said games into the Switch.

:arrow: Batman: Arkham Trilogy page on Warner Bros. Games

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, only the first of the three are on the cartridge? I really hate when devs do that. I’m sure they could have fit all three games onto a 64gb cartridge if they wanted to. I might still pick this up just to play Asylum since I’ve already played City on Wii U, so I’d only be missing out on Knight if I choose not to download the rest. Otherwise I might finally have to break down and buy a memory card

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, only the first of the three are on the cartridge? I really hate when devs do that. I’m sure they could have fit all three games onto a 64gb cartridge if they wanted to. I might still pick this up just to play Asylum since I’ve already played City on Wii U, so I’d only be missing out on Knight if I choose not to download the rest. Otherwise I might finally have to break down and buy a memory card
Yes, I learned that 64 GB cartridge is available to game companies since 2020 after delay for 2 years and initially, I didn't believe the claim on Wikipedia was accurate because no games utilize 64 GB cartridge today, after became available 3 years ago.

I believe that has with higher cost for 64 GB cartridge that led game companies rather to use 8 GB and 16 GB with mandatory download.

Zelda: TOTK is only one Nintendo published game that utilize 32 GB cartridge.

As for me, I rather to buy cartridge for games with very larger data to save my SD space for good use, but with mandatory download, it didn't help.

Hielkenator2

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Wonder if the Switch graphics will be comparable to Ps3 or 360?
Great series series btw, I already bought them on Ps3 but I want em on my Erista...sail tha Seven Seas.
Well, They will be a bit beter I think to be honest. The switch is about 4 times more powerful.
Arham knight on the other hand is a last gen game...ps4 and xbox one.
The ps4 version runs @ 1080p,
Xbox one version and even series x @ runs at 900p.
It would be great if The switch manages this. But I exspect 720 ish.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
The PC version is the best, because the remasters fucked up the art style and lighting in a lot of places. For example...

Same fuckery happened with Bioshock... I thought the remaster was supposed to look better, not worse.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
still lame that companies use the "one game on the cart, others to download" schick. cool art tho
welp what did you expect that's what nintendo gets for using dated shitty carts instead of superior blu ray and 4k discs that can hold hundreds of GB. this is one of the reasons 3rd party don't want anything to do with them.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
"trilogy", as in one game is on cartridge and you need to download the other two. Lol.
Post automatically merged:

only the very first game (Arkham Asylum) will be included in the cartridge, while both Arkham City and Arkham Knight will require an online connection to download and install said games into the Switch.
Here's the fresh idea that no one ever did with discs or anything... How about putting 3 games 3 cartridges. Shocker, i know!!!

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
The remaster looks like a waxed version, similar to early Blu-ray remasters where they made movies have a wax look.

Predator+Blu-ray+Comparison.jpg
I use that filter in Photoshop, it's called "Surface Blur" and it hides graininess and pixelation caused by jpeg artifacting, but you lose detail too like texture.

welp what did you expect that's what nintendo gets for using dated shitty carts instead of superior blu ray and 4k discs that can hold hundreds of GB. this is one of the reasons 3rd party don't want anything to do with them.
They don't even opt for 64GB carts either, so the physical release of Doom Eternal for Switch won't even have the 6.66 update on the cart, which is dumb af.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"trilogy", as in one game is on cartridge and you need to download the other two. Lol.
Just like the Spyro collection on the Switch. 1 game on the cart and download the rest.

What's the incentive to buy physical Switch games? Sell them when you're done? That's more or less it.

still lame that companies use the "one game on the cart, others to download" schick. cool art tho
The Switch cart is proprietary of Nintendo so they'd have to pay more and paying more probably means the Switch version would have a higher MSRP... Would customers want that? No.

I can't say the publishers are the only ones guilty here, Nintendo is too for making it so expensive for them.

The only reason Switch games have higher value than PlayStation and Xbox is purely because it's Nintendo otherwise they'd lose their value quite fast.

Fanboys...

Reactions: CharlesDeGaulle

CharlesDeGaulle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am definitely glad Nintendo finally hosts the Arkham serie, one of the best I ever experienced, toe to toe with the 1990 Batman on NES. Seriously, I love this game.

Even Origins was definitely a big win on WiiU, it was City but bigger, more baddies to punch, good boss fights and a more engaging story than the let down that was protocol 10.

While the original trilogy was greatly playable on the go on GPD Win 2 already four years ago, knight need WinMAX and now STEAM Deck to truly shine. A wonderful game, Tank really fun, mob fights still relaxing and knightmare predator really, REALLY creative.

Seriously, hack a drone's password, use explosive gel on a surface, add a freezing mine close to it, call a dude to check it using voice emulator, look him freeze, let a friend help him, explode gel for two dudes down, let the drone taz a few of them, smoke grenade then fear takedown on a 3/4 mob, next two with explosive guns (double inactivity with hacking rifle, which I always like) and finally, jump scare the last one ("impossible, according to the scanner he should be....BEHIND ME !").

These games are gems, Nintendo Switch owners should be pleased.

All in all, I am a bit jealous.
STEAM Deck needs a filter 'non switch games', I am lacking softs to show off on the go, even Persona5 and Doom Eternal are on switch now !

But still No RTS's on the switch, so I will stick to Planetary annihilation, C&C3, halo wars, Warcraft 3...

the bundle FFX/FFX2 on VITA had the same treatment.
In a way, the cartridge containing FFX kept unstained by the awful Aonuma's experiment.

Reactions: Metoroid0

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i try to buy only physical games, so I'll give this one a pass. such a shame. hopefully next nintendo console will have larger capacities as flash memory has gotten cheaper.

Reactions: Metoroid0

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
the bundle FFX/FFX2 on VITA had the same treatment.
In a way, the cartridge containing FFX kept unstained by the awful Aonuma's experiment.
Luckily, the Asian release of FF X/FF X-2 comes with both carts. Play-asia has it.

Jacobh

Trophies
XP
Country

It’s a portable console which isn’t a great fit for optical media. PS5 and Xbox both have consoles with no optical drive and big AAA games. The Switch is one of the best selling consoles of all time and has plenty of general third party support. I think the reason we don’t see the big third party AAA games is that it is running on what is essentially an old mobile phone processor.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope they don't jinx it by releasing on friday the 13th

It’s a portable console which isn’t a great fit for optical media. PS5 and Xbox both have consoles with no optical drive and big AAA games. The Switch is one of the best selling consoles of all time and has plenty of general third party support. I think the reason we don’t see the big third party AAA games is that it is running on what is essentially an old mobile phone processor.
wdym? PSP was very sucessful UMD's are basicly mini dvds like gamecube was ,in a hard plastic

lets not forget from nintendo's standpoint it prevents piracy ugh (at least til street date)

Last edited by chrisrlink,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto